SPECTRE Bonds girls; Seydoux, Bellucci, Sigman, plus rumoured

Comments

NicNac wrote: »
    There are several roles for women in Bond films, some bigger than others. Nothing to say they want Ms Froggett for the eye candy roles. She would have been a perfect MP, but if she's cast I suspect it will be a minor speaking role. In interviews she is being very coy on the question of Bond, so it's definitely a huge, undeniable 'maybe'.

Yes, this coyness does suggest something might be going on, as you say in some non eye candy support role.
    What if they've decided to recast MP and Froggett is in the running.

I agree - she'd be better in the role than whatsherface, who is too good looking.
    Getafix wrote: »
    What if they've decided to recast MP

What if the decided to recast Moneypenny??? Is that a serious question? There is no way, NO WAY they would recast Moneypenny for Bond 24.
    MP recast? Never gonna happen! Not until DC steps down at the earliest!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited September 2014 Posts: 9,117
    What if they've decided to recast MP and Froggett is in the running.

Thats a pretty good theory youve come up with there. Shame it holds about as much water as the Titanic's bilge bump.

Lets spend a whole film setting MP and then just recast her in the next film despite Naomie Harris already being listed in the cast.

Has Harris ben signed to play a completely different part to MP as Froggatt settles in behind the desk?
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Froggatt as Mary Goodnight

=))
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Given that Tom Hardy is playing both the Krays couldnt they use some CGI trickery to enable Froggatt to play every female role in the film?
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 4,622
    JamesPage wrote: »
    Froggatt as Mary Goodnight

=))

That's possible though. Not very likely of course, but in this re-boot world Goodnight could be re-introduced, even for just one film, in a more conventional role (non Brit Ekland type) as Bond's secretary.
    I can't remember what she looked like in the books, although that wouldn't have to matter.
  • Yes to Paula Patton! And you know what, let's get Lea Seydoux while we're at it and give the M:I franchise what for. ;) They sure know how to pick their Bond girls.

Seriously though, I would love for either Paula Patton or Lea Seydoux to be in a Bond film.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'd be happy if Froggatt were cast as the primary Bond Girl, well... I think she's attractive.
    My wife is watching Graham Norton at the moment and Gemma Atterton is in it. Never thought Fields was a great Bond girl as a character, but Gemma certainly had, and has, the look.
    EMILY BLUNT. Accept no substitute.
  • I'd be happy if Froggatt were cast as the primary Bond Girl, well... I think she's attractive.
    Me too.

1406551279_Beyonce-2.jpg

Master List updated to include RiRi
    1. Penelope Cruz (40) Perez Hilton
    2. Lola Ponce(34) , Argentine, singer, actress, model, Source allvoices.com,
    3. Ida Engvoll (28), Swedish actress, Aftonbladet
    4. Disa Östrand (27), Swedish actresses, Aftonbladet
    5. Synnove Macody Lund, 38 year old Norwegian. Norwegian Press
    6. Birgitte Hjort Sorensen, 32 year-old Danish actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    7. Ingrid Bolso Berdal, 34 year-old Norwegian actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    8. Blake Lively (26) Green Lantern, Gossip Girl, source Gossip Girl
    9. Amber Heard (28) American, recent films, 3 Days To Kill and Machete Kills, source Gossip Girl
    10. Joanne Froggatt (33) Downton Abbey cast member, source Daily Star
    11. Isabel Edvardsson (32), Swedish dancer-actress source German news outlets
    12. Lea Seydoux (29) French actress, played in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Blue is the Warmest Colour, rumour reported by shmoesknow.com, mediamass.net
    13. Rihanna, age 26, Barbadian singer, Daily Mirror, Ok.co.UK.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes I guess you need to add Rihanna to the list. Sigh ...
    And let us hope that it is only a cameo, not a real Bond girl role.
    That would be such a negative, in my opinion. Nearly 60 posts on the other thread about her; we seem to be in the majority of not wanting her in a Bond film.
    Has Rihanna appeared in any other films? Any indication of how awful she might actually be?

Regarding recasting Moneypenny with Frogatt, what if Moneypenny is just a code name...?
    Has Rihanna appeared in any other films? Any indication of how awful she might actually be?

May I direct you to the film, Battleship.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1440129/?mode=desktop&ref_=m_ft_dsk
    Yes I guess you need to add Rihanna to the list. Sigh ...
    And let us hope that it is only a cameo, not a real Bond girl role.
    That would be such a negative, in my opinion. Nearly 60 posts on the other thread about her; we seem to be in the majority of not wanting her in a Bond film.
    Rihanna makes the list for sure, as the list is a collection of all rumours and wild reports that find their way into media.
    Aside from the Scandinavian girls, I think the other names on the list (Cruz, Ponce, Lively, Heard) are also from frivolous reporting.
    Froggatt and maybe Seydoux seem legit.

Here's a taster of what we have to look forward to:

Here's a taster of what we have to look forward to:

You beat me to it! %-( X_X :-t :-h
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Master List updated to include Mrs. Craig

Brazen speculation. Not even a pretense of "sources say" etc, but it's out there, so on to the list it goes. :D

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/47100/20140925/james-bond-24-movie-rumors-rachel-weisz-could-team-up-with-husband-daniel-craig-to-be-main-female-lead-in-next-movie-video.htm
    http://www.fansshare.com/news/rachel-weisz-to-join-daniel-craig-in-new-james-bond-movie/

daniel-craig-and-rachel-weisz.jpg?w=580

1. Penelope Cruz (40) Perez Hilton
    2. Lola Ponce(34) , Argentine, singer, actress, model, Source allvoices.com,
    3. Ida Engvoll (28), Swedish actress, Aftonbladet
    4. Disa Östrand (27), Swedish actresses, Aftonbladet
    5. Synnove Macody Lund, 38 year old Norwegian. Norwegian Press
    6. Birgitte Hjort Sorensen, 32 year-old Danish actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    7. Ingrid Bolso Berdal, 34 year-old Norwegian actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    8. Blake Lively (26) Green Lantern, Gossip Girl, source Gossip Girl
    9. Amber Heard (28) American, recent films, 3 Days To Kill and Machete Kills, source Gossip Girl
    10. Joanne Froggatt (33) Downton Abbey cast member, source Daily Star
    11. Isabel Edvardsson (32), Swedish dancer-actress source German news outlets
    12. Lea Seydoux (29) French actress, played in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Blue is the Warmest Colour, rumour reported by shmoesknow.com, mediamass.net
    13. Rihanna, age 26, Barbadian singer, Daily Mirror, Ok.co.UK.
    14. Rachel Weisz (44), English, recently in Oz The Great and Powerful, and The Bourne Legacy. Source enstarz.com, fanshare.com
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Sadly, Léa has said "non" to the Bond girl rumours net-a-porter.com/magazine/267/15

But the interviewer does not seem convinced
    One of Seydoux’s skills has been to flip seamlessly from indie films to Hollywood blockbusters: from French TV drama La belle personne to Mission Impossible– Ghost Protocol; from the Palme d’Or-winning Blue Is the Warmest Color to… Bond? Last month, Twitter exploded with rumors that she would star in the as-yet-untitled next installment of the franchise. So, is she? “Non!” she exclaims, collapsing into giggles, “Non!” One could probably put money on that non meaning yes

Which is a shame as Léa looked very retro and glamorous at the Miu Miu fashion show in Paris yesterday

Arrivals+at+Miu+Miu+bKMdzu1M66cl.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah, I'm willing to bet she's definitely going to be a Bond girl.
  • I'd imagine she'd play the Scandinavian secondary Bond girl role. She looks very French and chic so I do wonder how they will make her look Scandinavian. However, this does fit the trend occurring at EON in recent years after they cast a Ukrainian to play a Bolivian national and a French woman to play an English diplomat.

tumblr_ncmagz3FJK1qznfkso1_500.jpg
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Love the Emma Peel eyes and hairstyle! Tracy reborn?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The Lea Seydoux rumour came from mediamass.net, a website born to just make up fun stories and debunk them one day later. It's not and never was true.
  • Samuel001 wrote: »
    The Lea Seydoux rumour came from mediamass.net, a website born to just make up fun stories and debunk them one day later. It's not and never was true.

Wrong. It actually comes from Schomes Know and those guys have often proven very credible in the past regarding (the internet's favourite pastime) Marvel scoops.

http://schmoesknow.com/hot-scoop-bond-24-enlisting-blue-is-the-warmest-color-actress-2/27660/
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2014 Posts: 13,350
    I'm still going with this and gather this is where schmoesknow got it from. Both reports on the day (7th August), appeared at nearly the same time with mediamass coming first.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/lea-seydoux/james-bond.html

Add in, of course, they are only looking for an English and Scandinavian girl (having already got a few names for both) and this to me has zero chance of happening, and it should because to me, this was just one website having a laugh as they usually do.

We'll know in a couple of months what the score is.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well, filming is about to start relatively soon so we'll know what the deal is soon enough.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,622
    seydoux sure would make an exotic Bond girl.
    productsBG.jpg?v=0.4
    I think what might give the Seydoux rumbles some credence is that she does make sense. She does strike as exactly the type of actress that Eon might be intrigued by at this stage of her career. She is a talent and she does have quite the intriguing look. She is at a pivotal point in her career as well. She is ascending.
    Also her response to the net-a-porter magazine is very coy. "Non" but collapsing into self conscious giggles. This is all, that someone that had been approached, and was still under consideration, or considering, could say. They can't very well confirm anything.
    Then again it could also be a response from someone that hadn't been approached, but wished to seem humble and flattered about the whole idea.
    Who knows.
    It just seems to me, the two names that fit best, among the rumoured, are Froggatt and Seydoux, and quite possibly one of the not very well known Scandinavian girls who look to have actually been auditioned. Although Seydoux could be the Scandinavian.
    Again, who knows.
    I can't see Froggatt as the lead Brit girl though. To be kind, she doesn't have the lead Bond-girl look.
    There is a good chance that any serious lead Bond-girl approaches have remained a well kept secret.

As @samuel pointed out a few posts back, I think Miranda Frost is simply a placeholder name, for a character of similar look and style, but not necessarily femme fatale. Seydoux, I think could play English.