SPECTRE Bonds girls; Seydoux, Bellucci, Sigman, plus rumoured

Comments

• Reason to be happy - this is exactly the sort of actress who should be playing a Bond girl. Sorry Joanne Froggatt fans but this is what we are talking about: classy, great actress and most importantly simply oozes sex.

Reason to be unhappy - shame she's already played a Bond girl in MI:GP. And with the mirroring of locations with MI5 it seems EON are in danger of replacing copying Bourne with copying the MI series.

An upgrade in my opinion, since the M:I films themselves have been successfully drawing from the Bond formula since De Palma: exotic locales, hot babes, cool cars, high style, breathtaking stunts, larger-than-life action. So yes, please, let's make Bond more like the M:I films, which is to say, more like Bond. M:I does have a few hallmarks of its own (like having someone imitate someone else via some ultra-realistic facial/vocal apparatus), but really it's 90% Tom Cruise doing his own take on Bond. And they do it pretty well; in parts, Ghost Protocol really captured some of that Bondian fun, glamor, and scale that I would love to see re-infused in Craig's last two films.
    Seriously, does anyone remember Léa Seydoux in M:I? If they do, she was not as memorable in it than say Diana Rigg was as Emma Peel in The Avengers.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Seriously, does anyone remember Léa Seydoux in M:I? If they do, she was not as memorable in it than say Diana Rigg was as Emma Peel in The Avengers.

I had to remind myself that she was in the film, to be honest. I don't think many people will remember, unless someone reminds them.
  • Sandy wrote: »

I had to remind myself that she was in the film, to be honest. I don't think many people will remember, unless someone reminds them.

Media might try to run with the connection, but more people will probably connect her with Blue is the Warmest Color—if anything.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I agree with @Sandy, @Ludivico, and @Some_Kind_Of_Hero on Lea.
    And I want to say I'm glad she is hired - not only for her looks, which are fine for the role, but also by all accounts she is a good actress. Very happy about that!
    I wonder when they will use the name Gala Brand?
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 14,831
    Sandy wrote: »

That's the thing. Being a gorgeous actress in an M:I movie does not draw the same amount of attention as being a Bond girl, plain and simple, even in more prominent roles. And while Léa Seydoux is a growing star, she is not yet a big star and certainly was not in 2011. And the M:I movies really have Tom Cruise as star.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    ha! Look what I found on a Greek website, someone photo shopped a Didier Dubot advert.

640x418xlea_seydux_6-640x418.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8g1p6JJdkP.jpg
    leas_mole wrote: »

NICE :D
    ha! Look what I found on a Greek website, someone photo shopped a Didier Dubot advert.

Pretty cool!
    Germanlady wrote: »

She is too old to play a Bond girl and I really dislike her accent.

EMILY BLUNT. Accept no substitute. :bz
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Agreed and agreed!

Emily Blunt all the way. Nobody will do it better
    Germanlady wrote: »

She is too old to play a Bond girl and I really dislike her accent.

EMILY BLUNT. Accept no substitute. :bz

Emily Blunt would be an excellent choice for the next Bond leading lady! :-bd
    How about Annabelle Wallis? (She appeared in 'Peaky Blinders', 'Fleming', 'X-Men: First Class' and more recently 'Annabelle')

normal_1x01-02-001.jpg
    normal_1x01-01-005.jpg
    Seeing as Lea Seydoux is official, shouldn't someone start a dedicated thread and spam it with hundreds of pictures. :)
    I know this was done successfully and enjoyably with QoS and Olga once she was officially confirmed. This site went nuts with pictures.
    Can't remember what went down with SF.
    timmer wrote: »
    Seeing as Lea Seydoux is official, shouldn't someone start a dedicated thread and spam it with hundreds of pictures. :)
    I know this was done successfully and enjoyably with QoS and Olga once she was officially confirmed. This site went nuts with pictures.
    Can't remember what went down with SF.
    what a splendid idea! Could you open a thread otherwise I may be accused of fangurling :P (I will completely admit to this)

@timmer you should also look out for Léa in Journal d'une femme de chambre (Diary Of A Chambermaid - same director as Farewell My Queen, Benoît Jacquot). Filming wrapped in July and it is due out probably first half of 2015. Benoît originally had Marion Cotillard for lead but then gave this to Léa. Previously, Léa was originally cast in his '3 coeurs' but had to pull out due to clashing filming schedules.

Here is Léa's Instragram - she does not update it very much but she has posted on set photos in the past

http://instagram.com/leaseydoux_genuine
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Thanks for the info and instagram account @leas_mole, you never know when she might post something interesting :D
    Sandy wrote: »
    Thanks for the info and instagram account @leas_mole, you never know when she might post something interesting :D
    That's what I am hoping for! I hope Léa is allowed to but if not she can post photos of her with the cast and crew whilst they are off set.

• edited October 2014 Posts: 4,622
    what a splendid idea! Could you open a thread otherwise I may be accused of fangurling :P (I will completely admit to this)

@timmer you should also look out for Léa in Journal d'une femme de chambre (Diary Of A Chambermaid - same director as Farewell My Queen, Benoît Jacquot). Filming wrapped in July and it is due out probably first half of 2015. Benoît originally had Marion Cotillard for lead but then gave this to Léa. Previously, Léa was originally cast in his '3 coeurs' but had to pull out due to clashing filming schedules.
    Thanks for the tip! Another film with the Farewell My Queen crew. That will be worth checking out!

As for dedicated thread . Maybe a thread for confirmed Bond girls. (This is a rumour thread).
    Place to put photos and tidbits about the actresses. I envision Seydoux and maybe a couple of others that eventually get confirmed as well.
    @samuel or any mod, what do you think?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    By all means, make this the thread where you post news and photos of Seydoux and whoever's next.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2014 Posts: 4,443
    MGM LION REPLACED by Lydoux!
    tumblr_n2l7y14VjN1s9f8i8o1_500.gif

tumblr_n9on760hQR1sl8sg1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n3w3t8J5wk1tuwjupo3_500.jpg

tumblr_n22zjsi9TK1tp3emxo2_500.png
    With some old Bond villian..

Source:http://fuckyeahleaseydoux.tumblr.com

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    She's kind of got a Scarlett Johansson look going. Girl next door cute and tomboyish rather than super unattainable sexy. Interesting look.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,619
    bondjames wrote: »
    She's kind of got a Scarlett Johansson look going. Girl next door cute and tomboyish rather than super unattainable sexy. Interesting look.

Nah. Her usual look and demeanor is the opposite of the "girl next door", she is moore like a little bit of stuck-up (in a good way) and sexy woman.

M_Balje wrote: »
    tumblr_n2l7y14VjN1s9f8i8o1_500.gif

Haha! Bond 24 should open with this!

Léa with Vincent Cassel (who is a year older than Daniel)

tumblr_n0wgkbz0Zh1rmpyf0o1_1280.png

tumblr_n0wgkbz0Zh1rmpyf0o2_1280.png

on being asked to do bad dance moves!

tumblr_n0wi1wCiD11qzxeqqo2_250.gif
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Now Vincent Cassel would be a fantastic shout for a Bond villain.
  • Now Vincent Cassel would be a fantastic shout for a Bond villain.

Yes, he would. An actor with real screen presence, enough charm and cool to match Bond's, and a distinctive face that can easily sell villainy.

By the way, I just noticed Cassel was married (until recently) to Monica Bellucci, who Brosnan championed for Paris in Tomorrow Never Dies and who eventually portrayed an excellent Bond girl of sorts in The Matrix Reloaded as Persephone.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bloody hell, even the way she sits looks so damn sexy.
  • Even the way she dances badly looks sexy!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Second Cassel for a Bond villain.