SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 It was this or the priesthood.
    doubleoego wrote:
    He was always committed.

Interesting. I wonder how Mendes' involvement altered the script, if at all. Though, isn't the idea they are running with the one Logan and Mendes thought up together?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Seeing how Machiavellian Spacey is in House of Cards I would be most intrigued to see him play a Bond villain.

I know he's a big name but when he's on form he's dynamite, I think it's a possibility after Bardem an Oscar winning actor having been in Skyfall plus his connection with Mendes.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,217
    doubleoego wrote:
    He was always committed.

Interesting. I wonder how Mendes' involvement altered the script, if at all. Though, isn't the idea they are running with the one Logan and Mendes thought up together?

He pitched the story to EON but there is no doubt, Mendes has his say to.

http://m.deadline.com/2012/10/gladiator-scribe-john-logan-to-write-next-two-james-bond-films
    Samuel001 wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    He was always committed.

He pitched the story to EON but there is no doubt, Mendes has his say to.

http://m.deadline.com/2012/10/gladiator-scribe-john-logan-to-write-next-two-james-bond-films

How reliable are the claims that Logan is preparing a two-story arc for Bond 24/25? I know we've discussed the possibility here previously, but I never heard any kind of confirmation about it. I'd love to see a two story arc, as it is basically a fixture of the Craig films at this point to have each film connected to the last (much less so with Skyfall though).
    I'd love to see a two story arc, as it is basically a fixture of the Craig films at this point to have each film connected to the last (much less so with Skyfall though).
    SF isn´t connected at all to CR or QOS, and QOS was only halfway connected to CR (story-wise yes, style-wise not at all).

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2014 Posts: 3,188
    I vergot to say that Mark Sanger who won Oscar for Editing Gravity also work 3 times on James Bond movie earlier. As assistent editor for Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and as visual effects editor for Die Another Day. Other examples where he work as assistent editor be The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. Stuard Baid return as editor and he return as assistent editor for Bond 24 ?
    boldfinger wrote:
    I'd love to see a two story arc, as it is basically a fixture of the Craig films at this point to have each film connected to the last (much less so with Skyfall though).
    SF isn´t connected at all to CR or QOS, and QOS was only halfway connected to CR (story-wise yes, style-wise not at all).

I think Skyfall is very much linked to CR and QoS, just not in the traditional ways you'd think about. Characters like Bond and M have developed since we saw them in CR, which definitely connects how they develop in Skyfall to their very first introductions (for the era) in CR for me.
    boldfinger wrote:

I think Skyfall is very much linked to CR and QoS, just not in the traditional ways you'd think about. Characters like Bond and M have developed since we saw them in CR, which definitely connects how they develop in Skyfall to their very first introductions (for the era) in CR for me.

In a way, SF, although a standalone story, is more connected to CR and QOS than GF was to the two previous movies.
    M_Balje wrote:
    I vergot to say that Mark Sanger who won Oscar for Editing Gravity also work 3 times on James Bond movie earlier. As assistent editor for Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and as visual effects editor for Die Another Day. Other examples where he work as assistent editor be The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. Stuard Baid return as editor and he return as assistent editor for Bond 24 ?

People who win an Oscar for Editing don't really go on to work as assistant editors... By the way, I hope the Stuart Baird + Kate Baird team returns.

Shardlake wrote:
    Seeing how Machiavellian Spacey is in House of Cards I would be most intrigued to see him play a Bond villain.

I know he's a big name but when he's on form he's dynamite, I think it's a possibility after Bardem an Oscar winning actor having been in Skyfall plus his connection with Mendes.

SF had probably more A-list talent on board than any other Bond film, and it was arguably the most successful Bond film ever made. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. But either way, I suspect Miccoli will stick with the formula and pack B24 with A-list talent, too.

• //How reliable are the claims that Logan is preparing a two-story arc for Bond 24/25? I know we've discussed the possibility here previously, but I never heard any kind of confirmation about it. I'd love to see a two story arc, as it is basically a fixture of the Craig films at this point to have each film connected to the last (much less so with Skyfall though).//

MGM's CEO said in November 2012 on an investor call that Logan had been hired to write Bond 24 and 25. Nothing was said that it'd be a two-part story.

In February 2013, some months after the original Deadline story about a two-part story arc was published, Baz B. of the Daily Mail had a story saying the two-part story arc plan "has been jettisoned and Bond 24 and 25 will be stand-alone pictures." according to that story.

As noted previously, both outlets had scoops proven correct about Skyfall.

• RC7RC7
    edited March 2014 Posts: 10,261
    I don't believe 24 & 25 will be connected. There's nothing to suggest Mendes will return for a third time, so it would be peculiar for him to start a story, but not finish it.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,217
    I really could see him returning for a third time - maybe much sooner, in 2017, actually. To me, Logan and Mendes seem a team that won't be broken. Then a new writer and director will be brought on board for the film afterwards.
    I don't mind if Bond 24 and 25 are somewhat connected but I absolutely do want them to work as stand alone movies. A don't want a repeat of a CR&QOS situation.
    Happy to see an arc into Bond 25 as long as it involves Quantum!!! [-O<
    By the way I'm hoping that the Daniel Craig era will have a real ending - something that has never been done in the Bond franchise before. I mean DAF didn't provide an ending to the Conenry era, AVTAK didn't provide an ending to the Moore era etc. None of the previous Bond actors had a movie that had a "this is the final movie of this era" feel to it.

The Dark Knight Rises provided a very clever ending to the Dark Knight trilogy and I'm sure something similar can be done with Craig's last Bond movie (which will probably be Bond 25).
    I wouldn't want that but have no idea what they'd do with that idea anyway. It doesn't seem needed.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I wouldn't want that but have no idea what they'd do with that idea anyway. It doesn't seem needed.

Just a few scenarios: Bond dies, Bond retires for real, Bond and a woman fall in love (and the woman doesn't die at the end of the film) etc. The possibilities are endless. ;)
    Shardlake wrote:

SF had probably more A-list talent on board than any other Bond film, and it was arguably the most successful Bond film ever made. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. But either way, I suspect Miccoli will stick with the formula and pack B24 with A-list talent, too.

Then again CR was mostly made of a cast of unknown. So they can go either way with Bond 24.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Samuel001 wrote:

Just a few scenarios: Bond dies, Bond retires for real, Bond and a woman fall in love (and the woman doesn't die at the end of the film) etc. The possibilities are endless. ;)

Bond doesn't need an ending. He doesn't need to and nor should he ever die. What the Craig movies should definitely strive for at least for Bond 24 is for him to have his, 'oh James' moment at the end with the leading lady (p.s. said Bond girl should NOT actually say the words, 'oh James').
    I hope they'll film the next two 007 movies with Craig in one running in that way Craig will look the same age in both movies and fiancially it would make sense for EON. With an extra movie on the shelves they have some extra time to invest looking for the next 007.
    Samuel001 wrote:

As endless as they are unnecessary.

What Nolan did made a certain amount of sense only because the Batman franchise had been driven against the wall.
    No matter how many people loath DAD, it wasn´t causing the Bond franchise any trouble whatsoever, quite the opposite.
    Moreover, an "ending of an era" would be too self-conscious. It´s ok if Bond as a character is self-reflecting, but by no means should a film (like SF) be that way, let alone the series on the whole.

edited March 2014 Posts: 28,232
    SaintMark wrote:
    I hope they'll film the next two 007 movies with Craig in one running in that way Craig will look the same age in both movies and fiancially it would make sense for EON. With an extra movie on the shelves they have some extra time to invest looking for the next 007.

That will likely never happen. The first draft script for Bond 24 isn't even done yet, so I doubt Logan is going to want to head directly into another long writing process after he submits draft after draft of this one. I'd want a break from the material for a while.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    In that Empire interview, he says he hasn't even thought about staring the script for 'Bond 25,' so it's obvious they won't do them back-to-back. In story, maybe, but not in filming.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded Dancing at midnight under the BeBop Moon
    edited March 2014 Posts: 11,523
    I just noticed this; maybe you all talked about it a page or so back. But the new article on our homepage here lists the returning cast of Bond 24 - and it has "expected" in some categories ... including the composer as David Arnold. I didn't know it was as strong a sure thing as expected.
    What do you feel about that? I would be happy, but a bit surprised it is not Newman. If not Newman, there must have been more fallout behind the scenes than we are aware of (well, maybe James Page is aware; but most of would not be aware I think).
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    What kind of fallout are we talking about here? I wasn't aware of any major rifts in the Newman department.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited March 2014 Posts: 2,275
    :-O :-O :-O

Great point, @4EverBonded!

Indeed, we, Arnoldlovers, expect him to come back! James Page knows more??
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited March 2014 Posts: 4,012
    I just noticed this; maybe you all talked about it a page or so back. But the new article on our homepage here lists the returning cast of Bond 24 - and it has "expected" in some categories ... including the composer as David Arnold. I didn't know it was as strong a sure thing as expected.
    What do you feel about that? I would be happy, but a bit surprised it is not Newman. If not Newman, there must have been more fallout behind the scenes than we are aware of (well, maybe James Page is aware; but most of would not be aware I think).

Well spotted @4EverBonded!
    ggl007 wrote:
    :-O :-O :-O

Great point, @4EverBonded!

Indeed, we, Arnoldlovers, expect him to come back! James Page knows more??

:-? I wonder

EDIT: what do you say I ask Arnold?
  • There's an error in that MI6 list of credits. It says the title for Broccoli and Wilson is "executive producer." It should be "producer." With movies, executive producer ranks below producer. (On television, it's the highest ranking producer title.) In Skyfall, Callum McDougall was the executive producer on Skyfall, for example, while Broccoli and Wilson were the producers.
  • RC7RC7
    There's an error in that MI6 list of credits. It says the title for Broccoli and Wilson is "executive producer." It should be "producer." With movies, executive producer ranks below producer. (On television, it's the highest ranking producer title.) In Skyfall, Callum McDougall was the executive producer on Skyfall, for example, while Broccoli and Wilson were the producers.

And in both cases the Exec does nowhere near the work of a Producer.