SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded Dancing at midnight under the BeBop Moon
    edited March 2014 Posts: 11,523
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    "The new movie continues the themes of Skyfall. Some of the characters and themes that we began to introduce in Skyfall will play out, I hope successfully, in the next movie.”

This just confirms my wildest worries. I feel sad. Can't say it does surprise me though.

Your post confirms my opinion of what you always post. Can't say it does surprise me though.

I think that with them now having the rights to Blofeld, they will use that. I don't think they could help themselves with that, really. Why wouldn't they? I am happy for Quantum to return if it is well written - everything hinges on the script, really, doesn't it? I do think the name Blofeld will be in it somehow. Whether the name Quantum is even mentioned, I cannot guess. But I am excited about this film and happy to get any new info.
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    This just confirms my wildest worries. I feel sad.

:)) Don't be so overdramatic.

to me that spells more unresolved issues,more MP in the field (becoming a sidekick ),more long and elaborate meetings with Malory (so he can justify his salary). And you think I'm overdramatic!
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    "The new movie continues the themes of Skyfall. Some of the characters and themes that we began to introduce in Skyfall will play out, I hope successfully, in the next movie.”

This just confirms my wildest worries. I feel sad. Can't say it does surprise me though.

... everything hinges on the script, really, doesn't it?

Yes, indeed it does and given the track record of those at helm for Bond 24 you should understand that this is not the time for high hopes!
    What is there to update exactly? Rumors of another 00 agent appearing? John Logan still being excited? Another confirmation of an October start?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,217
    Well, it's November now according to Baz. ;)
    True, no real news. :)
    Oct/Nov ...
    But it is nice to hear anything, from anyone involved at this point. It feels like we have been in such a drought (no news.
    I am one of the folks who loved, and still love, Skyfall - so my hopes are high and I have a good feeling about Mendes/Logan.
    I want to do another production update post, but the only thing to add is the October/November start and even that is still unofficial. Patience.. it will all come virtually all at once here in the next few months.
  • RC7RC7
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I want to do another production update post, but the only thing to add is the October/November start and even that is still unofficial. Patience.. it will all come virtually all at once here in the next few months.

Agreed. I mean there just isn't any rush, is there? Surely we've all been here before. All good things come to those who wait. This time next year we'll be batting off info left, right and centre. For now I'm not fussed about getting any news. The film won't happen any quicker.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes, always good to hear something about Bond 24, particularly from the person responsible writing it. I think there's definitely an amplified level of excitement and anticipation as this is the first Bond movie since TWINE that we have someone else independent from the contributions from P&W and whatever specifically Logan contributed to SF, now we're going to really have transparency in what he can offer to the series.

I'm glad that Logan is conveying a conspicuous enthusiasm for working on the series and the relationship he has with Mendes, Craig and the producers appears to be assuringly harmonious. Adding to that, I like the fact that Logan seems to be a genuine fan of Fleming's material as opposed to merely using them as a laborious source of reference in putting together a script.

As for the possibility of Quantum/Blofeld featuring in Bond 24, I'm not adverse to the idea. Again, it all depends fundamentally on the writing and how characters and scenarios are portrayed. In this regard I think that the fan/audience reception of how Quantum were utilised in QoS doesn't really matter. If Roger Moore's campy antics as Bond can be re-envisioned into something else in the guise of Dalton, or the by-the-numbers interpretation of Brosnan to a more layered and depth-infused portrayal by Craig then it's certainly possible to re-imagine Quantum into something different, hopefully better and that goes for characters too. Felix is a character that has been reintroduced and reinvented numerous times, some for the worse and some for the better.

In any event, I think with how they intend to approach this movie using aspects from SF to underpin the direction, Mendes returning and the professional dynamic between himself, Logan, Craig and the producers, it sounds like they're aiming for something very interesting and exciting and rightfully ambitious but without the flab. I really look forward to hearing what the synopsis is going to be.
    I hope Mr Mendes brings the old clapperboard out again to tease us all at various stages of production as to what is actually happening. Plus I wonder if the casting call has gone out out yet for a certain white cat?
    It did put a smile on my face opening up MI6 to see a BOND 24 article! Hope to see a formidable Quantum plot soon! :-bd
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 It was this or the priesthood.
    I loved reading that interview. Logan's excitement enhances my own, and the more he puts his heart and soul into the script the better I think the film will be for it. His answers to Quantum related questions were interesting, for sure, and give me a fickle of hope that we'll see the organization again. Quantum's return would really mean the world to me, so much so that it's the only thing I care about being in Bond 24 at this point because I think it's sloppy to leave the arc unfinished as is. If they do feature in the film and their return is signaled in a teaser way down the line of epic proportions, I will scream with such happiness that my voice will give out.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 8,670
    Glad you guys got a kick out of that article, as did I. I'd like to see the return of Quantum in some form, a 00 agent or two, and I especially love when Logan says, "I have fifty years of movies – 23 movies and all the Ian Fleming novels and short stories, all of which are fodder. And when I’m working on the new Bond I’m constantly going back to Fleming and the other movies – what are the bits and pieces, what are the resonances?"

It's what you'd expect the writer to say, but just reading it anyway peaks my excitement through the roof. We're definitely in good hands here! :-bd
    LeChiffre wrote:
    I hope Mr Mendes brings the old clapperboard out again to tease us all at various stages of production as to what is actually happening.
    I followed that clapperboard thread, and for me, it ruined my initial viewing of the film- especially once they were all put in order. My strongest advice is stay away!

Much easier said than done though. :))
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 5,391
    " I’m constantly going back to Fleming and the other movies – what are the bits and pieces, what are the resonances? One of the things we learned in Skyfall is that the audience really enjoyed those, they enjoyed when they saw the Aston Martin, they enjoyed when we had references to things they grew up with, either from Ian Fleming or from the other movies, and that’s always been a part of my thinking about Bond.”

More bad humor, more lousy self-references, more talking the talk instead of walking the walk. I really don´t know what´s exciting about that. To me it sounds like the worst thing that could happen to Bond. Well, each his own.
  • RC7RC7
    boldfinger wrote:
    " I’m constantly going back to Fleming and the other movies – what are the bits and pieces, what are the resonances? One of the things we learned in Skyfall is that the audience really enjoyed those, they enjoyed when they saw the Aston Martin, they enjoyed when we had references to things they grew up with, either from Ian Fleming or from the other movies, and that’s always been a part of my thinking about Bond.”

More bad humor, more lousy self-references, more talking the talk instead of walking the walk. I really don´t know what´s exciting about that. To me it sounds like the worst thing that could happen to Bond. Well, each his own.

I'm glad he's enthused, but very wary he sees the Aston as a high point of SF. The last thing this series needs is to fall into pastiche. By all means be inspired but they can't lift stuff wholesale, it's pointless, lazy and just serves numbskull punters. I'm still excited, but conscious the pair of them may let nostalgia get the better of them.
    Another translation question "You ain't seen nothing yet" to me means "You haven't seen anything yet" but it makes no sense.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Germanlady wrote:
    Another translation question "You ain't seen nothing yet" to me means "You haven't seen anything yet" but it makes no sense.

It means he has a lot to show, that we haven't seen what he's capable of. Hope this helps.
    That is what it says/translates as, yes. What it means is: "If you thought the last film (whatever) was great, you haven' seen how fantastic this new film (or whatever) will be! Indeed, you have seen nothing to compare with what is coming up next."

Yep; Sandy and I posting at the same time to explain. :)
    Thanks Ladies :-* It did cross my mind, but it seemed a bit "over the top" really. Not that I mind, if its true. ;) This new one has to be fantastic to do at least 900 mill IMO. I don't expect another 1.1 billion.
    It's a common enough English expression. English language - isn't it fun? So many metaphors, idioms, expressions, slang, etc. ;)

I don't think it will be bigger box office but the story might be great - I hope so! I have great confidence in the actors of the main cast. How I would love some real news, though ...
    BTW - short off topic remark. If you haven't seen Philomena with Judi - go see it. My new favourite film. It ticks all the right boxes in a wonderful way.
    boldfinger wrote:

That makes no sense whatsoever.

RC7 wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:

I'm glad he's enthused, but very wary he sees the Aston as a high point of SF. The last thing this series needs is to fall into pastiche. By all means be inspired but they can't lift stuff wholesale, it's pointless, lazy and just serves numbskull punters. I'm still excited, but conscious the pair of them may let nostalgia get the better of them.

I prefer nostalgia that resonates with bona fide Bond to innovation that estranges the films from their essence.

I've said this before but since we're talking about it I'll say it again: the DB5 would've had a much bigger impact for me if we hadn't seen it since the sixties. The appearances in GE, TND and CR sort of ruined it a bit imo, I wasn't as happy to see it again as I would have been.

It was great seeing it with gadgets again though.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,217
    RC7 wrote:
    very wary he sees the Aston as a high point of SF.

I am too and they should be trying to create new iconic elements instead of relying on the past. The only thing I can take this comment to mean in a positive light, is that Logan knows how important what has gone before is.

For past references, I doubt that can't top the DB5 reveal, so I'm not too concerned. Yet.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 5,391
    RC7 wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:

I prefer nostalgia that resonates with bona fide Bond to innovation that estranges the films from their essence.
    In my book, SF is very estranged from the Bond film essence.
    That makes no sense whatsoever.
    Of course it does, why wouldn´t it?

Ralph Fiennes has been talking Bond 24 again. Looks like M may be back in the field:

http://www.hitfix.com/news/ralph-fiennes-stokes-james-bond-rumors-and-talks-about-ms-future#lIblkQSuULZvpfIu.99
    Everyone wants more screen time in these films! I'm sure Logan will disappoint some but make fans happy. The MI6 staff are great minor characters after all and should be nothing more.
    I hate to say it but I wouldn't mind M out in the field if it similar to Lee's M being out in the field
    LeChiffre wrote:
    I hope Mr Mendes brings the old clapperboard out again to tease us all at various stages of production as to what is actually happening. Plus I wonder if the casting call has gone out out yet for a certain white cat?

The clapperboards ruined Skyfall for me so I hope for my own sake that they don't return.