SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    At least we're at that stage now where everyone and the cat's Mother want to do the next Bond theme.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 4,400
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2569675/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Gary-Barlow-Glee-star-Matthew-Morrison-happy-Neverland.html

Filming has been delayed on Bond 24 by one month.

Edit: It seems that Baz has got rid of the mention of a delay in Bond's filming. I'll paraphrase what he said. It was only a brief sentence or two. Basically Baz confirms that Harris, Whishaw, Fiennes and Craig are back and that filming had been planned for October but has been pushed back to November. Baz then says that Mendes has been off skiing recently.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S

Am i blind or what because i can't find anything related to B24 in that article?
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Here's what it says about Bond 24

"The untitled Bond 24 will start shooting in November, a month later than planned. The filming schedule will run until April or May 2015. Daniel Craig, Naomie Harris, Ralph Fiennes and Ben Whishaw are all lined up.
    I wonder if the delay has anything to do with a skiing trip director Sam Mendes recently took — his first. Perhaps he picked up some stunt ideas on the slopes and wants to use them . . .
    "

I hope they haven't delayed filming so Mendes could go on holiday.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I just hope they have great snow scenes in Bond 24. Mendes deserves a holiday. Don't think it's delayed due to that, though. Wouldn't that be silly?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    An October start? http://collider.com/bond-24-filming-october/

Ralph Fiennes Says BOND 24 Starts Filming in October

by Adam Chitwood Posted 51 minutes ago
    james-bond-24-ralph-fiennes

We know pretty much nothing about the next James Bond film, but we do know that 2012’s Skyfall will be an incredibly tough act to follow. Director Sam Mendes and screenwriter John Logan will give it their best shot, though, as the duo are set to return in their respective duties for Bond 24. The pic won’t be hitting theaters until October 2015 in the U.K. and November 2015 in the U.S., but we now have word of when filming is set to get underway as Ralph Fiennes tells MTV News, “It’s meant to start shooting in October.” The actor will be reprising his role as Gareth Mallory in the next pic and he added that he hasn’t yet seen a script so he couldn’t possibly tease anything about the plot, though he noted that he’d probably be sworn to secrecy anyway.

Daniel Craig will return in the 24th Bond film and we assume that Naomie Harris (aka Moneypenny) will be back as well, but we recently learned the sad news that Skyfall cinematographer and all-around Master Roger Deakins will not be returning for the follow-up.

• RC7RC7
    Start date is irrelevant. Just putting it out there.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    As long as the released date isn't delayed it's all good.
    talos7 wrote:
    An October start? http://collider.com/bond-24-filming-october/

Ralph Fiennes Says BOND 24 Starts Filming in October

by Adam Chitwood Posted 51 minutes ago
    james-bond-24-ralph-fiennes

We know pretty much nothing about the next James Bond film, but we do know that 2012’s Skyfall will be an incredibly tough act to follow. Director Sam Mendes and screenwriter John Logan will give it their best shot, though, as the duo are set to return in their respective duties for Bond 24. The pic won’t be hitting theaters until October 2015 in the U.K. and November 2015 in the U.S., but we now have word of when filming is set to get underway as Ralph Fiennes tells MTV News, “It’s meant to start shooting in October.” The actor will be reprising his role as Gareth Mallory in the next pic and he added that he hasn’t yet seen a script so he couldn’t possibly tease anything about the plot, though he noted that he’d probably be sworn to secrecy anyway.

Daniel Craig will return in the 24th Bond film and we assume that Naomie Harris (aka Moneypenny) will be back as well, but we recently learned the sad news that Skyfall cinematographer and all-around Master Roger Deakins will not be returning for the follow-up.

That's older news from December that is still being passed around as new.

Baz's update is fine by me. One month later but maybe this works in our favour, if skiing is to be involved...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I would gladly take a one month delay for some beautiful skiing scenes.
    So we have skiing sequence rumored for bond 24 good
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Risico007 wrote:

No, we don't. All we know is that Sam Mendes went skiing recently. :bz
    Tuulia wrote:

Thanks for picking this up, Tuulia. I started to think, I am talking to myself all the time.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I would gladly take a one month delay for some beautiful skiing scenes.

Not too keen on that, solely for the reason that - as much as he is a natural athlete - DC doesn't know how to ski, which means extensive training would be necessary to make him look halfway decent in his scenes.
    It's around June where the principle cast will get involved and start doing any physical training and prep work for the sake if action scenes, which I think is adequate time needed to make Craig look like a competent skier. Besides, that's why we have a stunt team anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

Any idea as to why Baz' article was pulled?
    edited February 2014 Posts: 12,459
    And we could put him in a bobsled, or a cello, and I'd still be happy. ;)
    I'd love a beautifully shot snowy sequence that was not too short. Doesn't even have to be a chase scene.

Was Baz's entire article removed?
    Germanlady wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

Thanks for picking this up, Tuulia. I started to think, I am talking to myself all the time.

Yes, well, and I was thinking has this guy been discussed and I just missed it... I only noticed this one mention. Glad you did - if not I would have by the time I got to the end of the thread. The Grandmaster looked gorgeous. Even the b/w U2 video looks good for what it is.

doubleoego wrote:

It hasn't been. It's still up there.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Risico007 wrote:

And wasn´t Naomie Harris also skiing the other day?? :-\"

(Now: a pts with Bond and Moneypenny skiing? Just to calm down the Harris "wishes" of action...?)
    Samuel001 wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

It hasn't been. It's still up there.

Oh yes, I see. Cheers.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    As I have stated many times, I'm all for skiing in Bond 24 :-bd
    Of course, this might just be a coincidence, but I wish it isn't.
    ggl007 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

And wasn´t Naomie Harris also skiing the other day?? :-\"

(Now: a pts with Bond and Moneypenny skiing? Just to calm down the Harris "wishes" of action...?)

Just imagine, M receiving some disturbing news on the phone, he calls Miss Moneypenny and asks casually "Track 007 and ask him to report for duty immediately We need him.", MP says "I'll do my best sir". Cut to Bond having well deserved snow holidays in a bungalow somewhere in the Alps with a lovely lady. Suddenly a knock on the door and MP arrives to spoil the party call him back "Never turn your phone off again 007, don't you know I hate snow?". Too Moore perhaps :-? Still, I wouldn't mind.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Sandy, while I really want a gunbarrel opening to an exciting PTS, that sounds like an awesome idea.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    +1

That´s the "Moneypenny in the field" that I can resist...
    My gut feeling tells me...no skiing. Sorry...fun thing is - time will tell. Definitely!!
  • RC7RC7
    Germanlady wrote:
    My gut feeling tells me...no skiing. Sorry...fun thing is - time will tell. Definitely!!

You should take a recording of the OHMSS theme with you, next time you're in the bushes outside his house. It might get him thinking about those sweeping vistas.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I like it, @Sandy. ;))

And Moneypenny could break her leg as they leave, so then we see her desk-bound for the rest of the film, thereby reassuring all those viewers who don't want her as a sidekick in action to Bond out there in the big bad agent world - yet still bantering with him via cell phone. :D

• Germanlady wrote:

I was thinking of this cinematographer the other day. Haven't seen The Grandmaster but just from the trailer it looks beautifully shot. Those shots in the rain reminded me a bit of the shots of rain in Mendes "Road To Perdition" photographed by the late great Conrad L Hall. Philippe Le Sourds also photographed Ridley Scott's "A Good Year" which is one great looking film. Despite Deakins not returning it is quite exciting to predict who might be getting beind the camera to photograph Bond 24. And as others have mentioned, and I agree, all of Mendes' films are brilliantly shot and who ever he picks they will certainly put Mendes' great visuals and ideas on the screen.

• edited March 2014 Posts: 6,601
    RC7 wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

You should take a recording of the OHMSS theme with you, next time you're in the bushes outside his house. It might get him thinking about those sweeping vistas.

Hey, old friend - next time you poke fun at me, make yourself more clear, so that my poor, DC infiltered brains get it. Sweeping vistas??