Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @Creasy Regarding idea 1 and 2, an 'about me' page and avatar re-size would be cool. For idea 3, I agree there's plenty of room besides the 'flag' link and post counter for short, personal taglines.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Fair enough, I appreciate the feedback. I hope you're right, Samuel, would be nice, though, to hear some progress on it.
  • I mentioned it before, but say again, would it be possible to implement a 'hide thread' or 'hide user' function ?

One or two thread pieces - indeed usernames - have become a near intolerable nuisance on these pages in recent times, and for the sake of any future participation it's something I feel almost imperative, or should be looked in to. I don't want to react in an unsavory manner or cause any hostilities, but it's getting to a point now where I really need to divorce myself from one or two elements on these pages

I hope something can be done to eradicate any future concerns
    @Baltimore_007, if that was implemented, it would just be abused and cause confusion, I feel.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 157
    Is it possible to block users from PM'ing you? This is a feature available on most forums. I'd be very surprised if the Vanilla package doesn't include that.

I've got a stalker.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I mentioned it before, but say again, would it be possible to implement a 'hide thread' or 'hide user' function ?

One or two thread pieces - indeed usernames - have become a near intolerable nuisance on these pages in recent times, and for the sake of any future participation it's something I feel almost imperative, or should be looked in to. I don't want to react in an unsavory manner or cause any hostilities, but it's getting to a point now where I really need to divorce myself from one or two elements on these pages

I hope something can be done to eradicate any future concerns

Are you still berating Batman, @Baltimore_007? ;)
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    I'll bring the recent suggestions to the admins' attention :)
    I'll bring the recent suggestions to the admins' attention :)

Thank you! Much appreciated :-)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Thank you @DiscoVolante. Any updates posted here about what is currently happening, would also be most welcome. If there's a time to do this, it's now.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Thank you @DiscoVolante. Any updates posted here about what is currently happening, would also be most welcome. If there's a time to do this, it's now.

You're right, because time flies anymore, and before we know it, it'll be 2014 and then the 'Bond 24' news will start to leak out, rumors or not, and this place will attract more people and just get more active. Tackle any ideas or suggestions while it's in a slower period of time.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 63
    How do we add friends?
    Wint wrote:
    How do we add friends?

There are no 'friends' features on the forums.
    Pray tell why?
    Wint wrote:
    Pray tell why?
    It's a Bond discussion community, not Facebook.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 63
    Then how do we make friends? Nevermind. I will figure it out.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Wint wrote:
    Then how do we make friends? Nevermind. I will figure it out.

Get out once in a while. Just don't lose control.
    Time and not being troublesome will help make you friends on any forum. You can't expect people to accept you straight away. You have to earn their respect and enjoyment of your posts. Posting "THEY FEAST" in many posts is a good way to alienate people against you, and see you as something of a spammer or troll.
    It's your actions that determine your time and acceptance on any forum. The ball is in your court.
    Any word on the aforementioned suggestions?
    edited November 2013 Posts: 1,347
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Any word on the aforementioned suggestions?
    I did what I promised Creasy, but I'm afraid I can't promise anything more, or update on how things are going, like when/if some of the suggestions will be implemented. Time is limited for the parts involved.

Wish I could give you a better reply..
    @DiscoVolante, it's absolutely fine, no worries! Thank you for bumping it up, I really appreciate it.
  • So long as the issue is being considered it's good enough. Not expecting overnight changes or rapid actions but once again, there are some threads and "individuals" on these pages that I can no longer live with. There would appear to be, No edit, there are one or two names here that seem to have a desire to be the center of attention, and have become so goddamn boring with it, where all you see is the same name/s and discussion, over and over, and after a while, you realize you've had enough

I hope I never have to disclose these said individuals, but as before, if a hide function could be implemented sometime, it would be of some assistance. It's a genuine concern when all you see half the time on these pages is the same boring names and their attention seeking endeavors. They know who they are

Not trying to upset anything, it's merely a legitimate concern, and for the good of any future participation, certain threads and individuals with it, need to disappear out of sight. So, once again, any function to block other users / threads would be a great help, before I really do say something I'll later regret. I'm just surprised I've been so decent on this issue but there are certain elements on these pages as before, that I can no longer live with. As with all forums and discussion places, there will always be differences of opinion or not everyone is going to get along together. Feel I should apologize, but for what ?, there's no sense in lying. I got to get things together
    @Baltimore_007, I've seen the 'hide function' idea crop up before. My only problem with it is that if it's abused (i.e. people get into an argument and want to hide one another), the conversations might get confusing, or you'll see what the hidden individuals say if someone else quotes them.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Baltimore_007, I've seen the 'hide function' idea crop up before. My only problem with it is that if it's abused (i.e. people get into an argument and want to hide one another), the conversations might get confusing, or you'll see what the hidden individuals say if someone else quotes them.

How about a function where the comment is hidden once it's received a certain amount of negative hits? So for example, 6 members all decide the comment is inappropriate for the forum, and so it gets hidden. The mods can be notified automatically once this happens to decide whether it is correct to stay hidden.
    @WillyGalore, such as a like/respect system for comments, you mean?
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @WillyGalore, such as a like/respect system for comments, you mean?

No I think the number of hits should be hidden from view so we can't see how many hits a comment has racked up but once the 6th (or however many) is reached then that comment is removed.

Having a like/respect system can lead to an unnecessary rivalry ("I've received 7 more thumbs up than you" etc.).
    @WillyGalore, true, but I think the same can be said as post count: "Mine is higher than yours." or "He has too many posts, he just spams for more." But, I think adding more things to compare is a bad idea, you're right.
    @Creasy47 You just deliberately spammed that post for a higher count! ;-)

You caught me. ;-) I'm actually TouchMyButtons and I've held up a clever ruse to fool you all, seeing how high a hidden troll could get his post count!!
    Creasy47 wrote:

You caught me. ;-) I'm actually TouchMyButtons and I've held up a clever ruse to fool you all, seeing how high a hidden troll could get his post count!!

Then I salute you Sir for your devilishly cunning plan that was 2 years in the making ^:)^
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 8
    if sean connery did "On her Majesty's Secret Service" as the fourth movie. this would
    have changed the series in different direction.
    quarrel7 wrote:
    if sean connery did "On her Majesty's Secret Service" as the fourth movie. this would
    have changed the series in different direction.
    I'm afraid this thread is for feedback & suggestions for these forums, and not the actual Bond series @quarrel7 :) But welcome aboard!

This discussion has been closed.