Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2013 Posts: 15,690
    I see there are buttons for bold, italics, underline, posting in image... I don't remember those from before my absence, I had to write the [/ b] manually, so well done to the mi6 staff for making it easier!
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    They've been there for quite a while DC. But yeah, you were away quite a while too ;)
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    just a quick question, every time somebody makes a new post on a thread that I have bookmarked, and I click the thread, it always goes to page 1. I thought it was set up to go the the newest post?

I asked this question Jan 2012......it is still doing it today. Can we please fix this???

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    just a quick question, every time somebody makes a new post on a thread that I have bookmarked, and I click the thread, it always goes to page 1. I thought it was set up to go the the newest post?

I asked this question Jan 2012......it is still doing it today. Can we please fix this???

It does it to me on any thread. It isn't anything serious, and the most recent page is only a click away, so I don't mind it much.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Or sometimes I'll see a new post on a thread, click it, and it takes me to a 'page' with no posts on it, and I have to click the last page to view the most recent post.
  • TrishTrish Banned
    You should allow us to delete posts from our activities wall because people post on mine who are not welcome and I would like to delete.

Thanks, Trish.
    Trish wrote:
    You should allow us to delete posts from our activities wall because people post on mine who are not welcome and I would like to delete.

Thanks, Trish.
    No one has posted on your activity wall but you...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I do think that trolls need to be dealt with more quickly by the admins before they spread their poison far and wide. It's really most disconcerting.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Trish wrote:

Thanks, Trish.
    No one has posted on your activity wall but you...

That's just hilarious, @DiscoVolante. Love it.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 2,400
    My post count (after this post) on my profile is 755, but my post count (again after this post) under my username that shows up in any discussions I start or replies I make is 767. Which one is my actual post count?

EDIT: Disregard. I just had a moment of fridge stupidity. My comments are at 755, while my discussions are at 12 to make 767. A better question, MI6: How did it take me five months to realize this?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My post count (after this post) on my profile is 755, but my post count (again after this post) under my username that shows up in any discussions I start or replies I make is 767. Which one is my actual post count?
    Not trying to be rude here, but why does it matter? It's just a post count.
    Speaking of off numbers, it says I have 66 'Mine' discussions, yet when I count them, I have around 20 or 30.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Speaking of off numbers, it says I have 66 'Mine' discussions, yet when I count them, I have around 20 or 30.

I think that is because the forum is limited in showing you all the threads you created, so you only see 20 or 30 of the full 66.
    But I haven't created 66. The first discussion of mine at the bottom is the discussion I created in joining the thread back in 2011. I haven't noticed anything missing, and there's no way I'm overlooking over 30 missed discussions.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,950
    ^ I was going to mention this. I've created 3 discussions, yet it says 9. I just assumed it's a glitch.
    QBranch wrote:
    ^ I was going to mention this. I've created 3 discussions, yet it says 9. I just assumed it's a glitch.

I'm guessing it is. I haven't favorited/bookmarked anything, so that's really the only excuse.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    But I haven't created 66. The first discussion of mine at the bottom is the discussion I created in joining the thread back in 2011. I haven't noticed anything missing, and there's no way I'm overlooking over 30 missed discussions.

Oh, I see what you mean now, and it seems to be bugged out for me too. I have a little over 90 discussions, yet the tab says I have 243. :O
    Creasy47 wrote:

Oh, I see what you mean now, and it seems to be bugged out for me too. I have a little over 90 discussions, yet the tab says I have 243. :O

It's because you're secretly making all those duplicate topics and 'Twilight' fan-fiction sub-threads!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

It's because you're secretly making all those duplicate topics and 'Twilight' fan-fiction sub-threads!

And don't forget all those accounts I made behind the mods' backs that always posted the latest happenings of Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus. It looks like my true colors have been exposed at last... ;)
  • Sometimes when I do a post, the letters I type go static, as does the screen, and I'm forced to go back to the main page and start again - this is damn irritating

Thankfully, the save draft function still operates as you go along, so most of the work can be saved and used again, but this occurs often now, and I've said many a profanity because of this

May as well say again, if we can't have a "hide user / thread" function ,can I at least have a "hide Batman / all Bond 24 threads" option, if only for my own personal use ? I'm being absolutely sincere with this. Got to have a mention
    Perhaps this is a stupid question, but what does the "visits" number mean? I know it's not my visits to the site, as it would've been greatly underestimated.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Ah, I can answer that. @0013, I think. I was told it is the # of hits on your profile page, how many people look at you, at your profile.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I always thought it meant you have made 243 comments on your 90 discussions threads.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:

That includes flagging of course.

;)
    Might help clear that one up.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 1,347
    Yep everytime you flag a post/topic, it'll pop up as a thread in our flagged section, hence you create a thread by flagging :)
    can I at least have a "hide Batman / all Bond 24 threads" option, if only for my own personal use ?
    Is it that hard not to click them?
    Thank you for clearing that up, mods! So I'm at 66 now, and the next time I flag a thread, it'll be 67. Got it, thank you!
    Benny wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

That includes flagging of course.

;)
    Might help clear that one up.

Oh, that makes sense!

Well, I sure am a big poster boy for IFM then, aren't I? :-\"
    Ah, I can answer that. @0013, I think. I was told it is the # of hits on your profile page, how many people look at you, at your profile.

Thank you @EverBonded. I would never guessed that ninety-something persons were interested on my profile...
    edited November 2013 Posts: 28,694
    0013 wrote:

Thank you @EverBonded. I would never guessed that ninety-something persons were interested on my profile...

I don't think that is the answer though, because my profile page says 15,636 next to "Visits." That's why I think it has something to do with the number of times you visit the site, or your own profile page, maybe.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,950
    Well like I said, I've made 3 discussions, yet it says 9... and I've flagged a hell of a lot more than 6 times. There's something else going on here.

M, you have 48 hours to investigate. ;)
This discussion has been closed.