Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, not sure what Internet Browser you're using, but I had my problems through Safari on the Mac. I'm using Chrome now and everything has been fixed.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, not sure what Internet Browser you're using, but I had my problems through Safari on the Mac. I'm using Chrome now and everything has been fixed.

All of the issues you reported? I am using Safari.
    All of them. Quoting is back to normal, just resized my thumbnail no problem, all of the quick options (Bold, Italics, etc.) have returned, and I can only surmise that commenting on others' Activity has been fixed. Try out Chrome. I like the layout more, as it is. Gives me a bigger window, it seems.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    All of them. Quoting is back to normal, just resized my thumbnail no problem, all of the quick options (Bold, Italics, etc.) have returned, and I can only surmise that commenting on others' Activity has been fixed. Try out Chrome. I like the layout more, as it is. Gives me a bigger window, it seems.
    I wonder if all the things I have bookmarked in Safari will carry over to another browser.

Creasy47 wrote:
    I wonder if all the things I have bookmarked in Safari will carry over to another browser.

Not automatically. Once you've installed Chrome, just click 'Chrome' in the top left, and you have an option for importing bookmarks and settings.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    What version of Safari are you both using @Creasy47 and @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 ?
    I have Safari 5.1.7.

And just as I opened this page the functions returned!
    I believe that's the same one I had, as well.

Chrome is working fine, as I said, and I love the layout more. Might just stick with this!
    All the commenting functions are back for my Safari browser, so I couldn't be happier. :)
    All the commenting functions are back for my Safari browser, so I couldn't be happier. :)

Very interesting. I think I may stick with Chrome for now, though, as I quite enjoy how it's been working for me thus far. Is everything else fixed for you in Safari, or just the commenting?
    Creasy47 wrote:

Very interesting. I think I may stick with Chrome for now, though, as I quite enjoy how it's been working for me thus far. Is everything else fixed for you in Safari, or just the commenting?

Everything I had an issue with that I stated in my post is fixed, so I assume everything is back to standard. I wonder if it was just a small technical glitch that was fixed in a jiffy. Regardless, thanks to whoever managed the problem in such a fast fashion.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    We haven't touched the codebase, so I might suggest upgrading Safari to the latest version (if that's an option for you).

Nonetheless pleased to hear Chrome works, and that Safari came to its senses!
    MI6 wrote:
    We haven't touched the codebase, so I might suggest upgrading Safari to the latest version (if that's an option for you).

Nonetheless pleased to hear Chrome works, and that Safari came to its senses!

Thanks for your concern, @MI6! :)
    Yes, thank you very much, @MI6! I really, really appreciate the assistance.
    Forget lollipops: how many flags does it take to get rid of some trolls?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited March 2013 Posts: 16,333
    Forget lollipops: how many flags does it take to get rid of some trolls?

Agreed I'm getting sick of the "good almond" gang.

@TOFANA007
    @Christartos
    @Pierceuhhh

are all the same user.
    YES get rid of them!! I remember this morning waking up and reading some new bogus thread about him making love to his mom or some shit. I was half asleep but the damage was done.

Seriously- get rid of them. Get a fucking life
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    YES get rid of them!! I remember this morning waking up and reading some new bogus thread about him making love to his mom or some shit. I was half asleep but the damage was done.

Seriously- get rid of them. Get a fucking life

Oh yeah, how about that. I just got done forgetting it, and now it is back eating away at my mind! :-&
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes I reported them, too. I really hope these jerks just get tired of being thrown out and stay away - go bother other websites.

Having longer intelligent discussions without FTI (F`g Troll Interference) is getting harder and harder. Yet I am not giving up on this site. I have enjoyed so many good discussions for too long to let some whiny slimy trolls take over. I just hope we can flag IP addresses and block them, I really don't know if we can. It's too easy to get bogus IP addresses, isn't?

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,399
    maybe someone has already mentioned it, not sure.. but it would be nice to able to update/change the info on my profile - like where it says...
    Name : D.J. Occupation : Student / Videographer Age : 26 Religious views : Christian Favourite Bond film: From Russia With Love Least favourite Bond film: Die Another Day Favourite actor in the role of Bond: Sean Connery Favourite line: "I'm afraid you've caught me with more than my hands up." Favourite scene: the PTS in The Living Daylights Gender: Male Marital status: Single Education: Associate Degree in Digital Media and Applied Sciences (in progress) Interests: Film, Video Games, Art, Sports, Music

that bit is unchangeable for me.. and i would like to be able to update it..
    HASEROT wrote:
    maybe someone has already mentioned it, not sure.. but it would be nice to able to update/change the info on my profile - like where it says...
    Name : D.J. Occupation : Student / Videographer Age : 26 Religious views : Christian Favourite Bond film: From Russia With Love Least favourite Bond film: Die Another Day Favourite actor in the role of Bond: Sean Connery Favourite line: "I'm afraid you've caught me with more than my hands up." Favourite scene: the PTS in The Living Daylights Gender: Male Marital status: Single Education: Associate Degree in Digital Media and Applied Sciences (in progress) Interests: Film, Video Games, Art, Sports, Music

I think to update it you will have to copy that bit of text, paste it into a new comment section on your profile page and then fix what you wish before posting it. Then it should take the place of that text that is there now.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,399
    HASEROT wrote:

I think to update it you will have to copy that bit of text, paste it into a new comment section on your profile page and then fix what you wish before posting it. Then it should take the place of that text that is there now.

really??

i didn't know that lol..

even then, that is still a hassle - they should see if they can simplify it a bit, like where it says "clear" after all the info - maybe add a 'edit' option there..

EDIT*

well.. bust my buttons, you were right! lol.. thanks for the tip :)
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    I agree it would be nice if the "clear" button worked!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Thanks for taking out the "trash" mods/admins. =D>
    This day got better.
    Murdock wrote:
    This day got better.
    I concur. Another headache relieved! <:-P
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 23,578
    Murdock wrote:

John McClane:
    "Yeah, it was laundry day..."
    'They were.... uncooperative.'

dredd-3d-660.jpg
    ^^ i make that same face when i'm having a rough go of it on the on the toilet.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    'They were.... uncooperative.'

dredd-3d-660.jpg
    We need a Dredd to take care of these piece of crap trolls. Can a filter of some sort be constructed? I'm so tired of clicking on a thread to jump off in a hurry so my family doesn't see it.
    :O
    Can mods tell me why we can't create a fan club about something in the general section?
This discussion has been closed.