Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    But I was told that, 0Brady. Could we have a mod let us know for sure then?
    QBranch wrote:
    Well like I said, I've made 3 discussions, yet it says 9... and I've flagged a hell of a lot more than 6 times. There's something else going on here.

M, you have 48 hours to investigate. ;)

I thought I explained this previously.

@QBranch. You've made 3012 posts on this forum. 9 of those have been on discussion threads you've created and 3003 on the threads created by others.

9+3003=3012

Hope this helps clarify things.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Ahh I get it now. Numbers were never my strong suit ;) Thanks, Willy.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited November 2013 Posts: 1,347
    QBranch wrote:
    Well like I said, I've made 3 discussions, yet it says 9... and I've flagged a hell of a lot more than 6 times. There's something else going on here.

M, you have 48 hours to investigate. ;)

You only get +1 on Discussions if you're the first one to flag a post, see below.

w5iu.png

In this case, Willy, Creasy and SirHenry (and others) all reported a post by the dejunkanooo troll. Willy was first and a topic is automatically created in the Flagged section (mods/admins only) with him as author, meaning +1 for him on Discussions. +1 on post count for the others flagging.

So, @QBranch, it seems that 6 times you've been the first to flag a certain post. :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    So, @QBranch, it seems that 6 times you've been the first to flag a certain post. :)
    ...and I've had my six. ;)

I'd like to say there won't be a next time, but wishful thinking and all.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Just when I thought I knew how this forum ran, I get opened up to a whole new world... :O
    So have I really flagged the trolls 82 times? :D
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Just when I thought I knew how this forum ran, I get opened up to a whole new world... :O

Same with me! I had no idea whatsoever.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited November 2013 Posts: 1,347
    So have I really flagged the trolls 82 times? :D
    Yep, I had a look at your Discussions tab, and it's indeed full of Flag topics. Good job, sir :) (you all have a lot of them, so this goes for all of you!)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I had no idea! Nice little insight into how things work now. And yes, good job to you, @WillyGalore. That's what I like to see.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I actually wouldn't mind having a thread where the mods discussed how they do their jobs and what steps go into their normal duties day in and day out, including troll extermination and thread locking. I for one would find it insightful and extremely fascinating in addition to making me appreciate them even more than I already do.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I actually wouldn't mind having a thread where the mods discussed how they do their jobs and what steps go into their normal duties day in and day out, including troll extermination and thread locking. I for one would find it insightful and extremely fascinating in addition to making me appreciate them even more than I already do.

As would I. I'm sure a lot goes into it that we're totally oblivious on. Like you said: been here over two years and I'm still learning new things.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Creasy47 wrote:

As would I. I'm sure a lot goes into it that we're totally oblivious on. Like you said: been here over two years and I'm still learning new things.

Me too. Transparency is the watchword.
    I'm still a little confused over the Discussions Tab. I had 82 on Mine a short time ago, now it says 88. I haven't flagged a single post today let alone 6, so where have those extra half dozen come from? Anybody know?
    I'm still a little confused over the Discussions Tab. I had 82 on Mine a short time ago, now it says 88. I haven't flagged a single post today let alone 6, so where have those extra half dozen come from? Anybody know?

Yes, mine does weird things like that too, especially when I post a new topic for discussion. Strange and bizarre.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    What's the difference by being "suspended" and by being "banned"? I've only come across one member that have been suspended, but many whom have been banned.
    MrBond wrote:
    What's the difference by being "suspended" and by being "banned"? I've only come across one member that have been suspended, but many whom have been banned.

If you're suspended you are not allowed on the site for a specific amount of time, whereas if you're banned you aren't allowed on the site ever again. At least that's how it's supposed to work. You still have banned members coming back on through new usernames and IP addresses.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited January 2014 Posts: 2,044
    MrBond wrote:

If you're suspended you are not allowed on the site for a specific amount of time, whereas if you're banned you aren't allowed on the site ever again. At least that's how it's supposed to work. You still have banned members coming back on through new usernames and IP addresses.

Well i see. I thought ithat being suspended were more serious, actually. Thank you @0Brady!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just a question. What does "Visits" refer to on the personal page? Some have none, others have hundreds. I have 1. Have you mods been to my house while I was sleeping?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    How many people have looked at your profile I believe. I've just looked at yours - again - @Thunderfinger but it still says one. Most odd.
    Any news on a delete function for comments,i had a triple post today and just had to clear the remarks,it doesnt look good.

Can this be implimented ?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    How many people have looked at your profile I believe. I've just looked at yours - again - @Thunderfinger but it still says one. Most odd.

Yes, mine had none up until I got my old @Dragonpol account back earlier this month by signing in normally after the admin arranged that for me as the Twitter sign-in app was not working for me. Strangely, the visitor counter is now working for the first time since I signed up on 11 December 2012! Strange indeed.
    My visitor counter has been stuck on 243 for 2 years !!
    barryt007 wrote:
    My visitor counter has been stuck on 243 for 2 years !!

Yes, I think they do get stuck. Mine was stuck at 0 for and year and two months!
    Either that or we are both as popular as a dog turd !! :o3
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Yes, mine had none up until I got my old @Dragonpol account back earlier this month by signing in normally after the admin arranged that for me as the Twitter sign-in app was not working for me. Strangely, the visitor counter is now working for the first time since I signed up on 11 December 2012! Strange indeed.

And now I have 2. There is something dark and sinister going on, better not to think about it. Never mind that, I have another question.

Anyone else had problems connecting to this site lately? Or with it suddenly falling out? Happened to me a lot the last few days, and only this site.
    Yep..it happened today as well,lasts about 10mins....
    About 10 mins here as well. It usually works if I disconnect the whole internet, and then switch it on again. Is it a server problem, mods?
    And now the community page was unavailable for 20 mins. The main page worked fine. Stop messing with us, Silva!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I've also been experiencing these problems. The first times I assumed the forum was being "cleaned" because there was a lot of spam going on, but that wasn't the case today (at least that I noticed).
This discussion has been closed.