Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Glad I'm not the only one. It seems a new problem rears its ugly head daily.

Talking about me? Nice.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Glad I'm not the only one. It seems a new problem rears its ugly head daily.

Talking about me? Nice.

Well...isn't it obvious? ;-)
    Thanks, buddy!
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,492
    Thanks, buddy!

Haha, only kidding, only kidding.

EDIT: So it appears that a new spam block post count limit is in place? It tells me I posted five times within 120 seconds, and that I have a hold on my account that won't let me post again for another 180 seconds. I can see this becoming tiresome.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,350
    An interesting development, if so.
    Interesting as in...interesting...
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited May 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Creasy 47, that block for typing too many posts in a certain timeframe is NOT new. Or maybe it has been tweaked. I type pretty fast. When I first joined, I was blocked with a warning. But it was only because I was posting too often too fast. So I do not think that is new. I had a mod back then tell me not to worry about it.
    Well I'm sure in my three years here I would've experienced at some point before. Perhaps it's coincidence coinciding with the new update.
    I haven't had it happen to me again since then. So ... ??
    I haven't had it happen to me again since then. So ... ??

Put your feedback into it.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Might someone let us know what is going on regards this update I still don't have any way of reading the activity page also the PM function does not appear to be in use at this time.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 2014 Posts: 17,816
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Might someone let us know what is going on regards this update I still don't have any way of reading the activity page also the PM function does not appear to be in use at this time.

Hear hear! I rise to support this motion, Mr Speaker.
    It is shrouded in secrecy. Prepare to be shocked.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Yes, please restore the activity page pronto so we can resume our intelligent and mature conversations. It's of the utmost importance! :))
    QBranch wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Yes, please restore the activity page pronto so we can resume our intelligent and mature conversations. It's of the utmost importance! :))

Haha! The Spam Brigade is ready for activity.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Haha! The Spam Brigade is ready for activity.

That's probably not something you want to have yourself labelled as.
    Spamming is not a good look. Whilst banter is often fun and amusing, spamming gets tiresome and boring.

I have no problem with PMs that I am aware of. Still harrassing chatting with others regularly.
    The activity pages I have seen seem up to date.
    Are there still problems for people?
    I currently do not have any major glitches. A little less of the double posting happening (always inadvertent) as well as less errors when saving drafts (I often had error pop up).

(Thunderfinger is not spam; he is just a ham.) ;)
    Things seem to be working fine on my end for the past couple of days, thankfully. The Activities page seems normal, haven't had any of the post count limit issues, either. I've always had draft issues, though, where I'll be in the middle of typing and it saves the draft (which is fine), but when I post the comment, it still saves it as a draft, so I have to manually go in and delete it. It happens occasionally, not a huge hassle.
    The activity page is still not updating (the latest entry is May 18), nor can I type comments. I'm not bothered, of course- just pointing it out.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,492
    Scratch that, the activity page isn't working for me, either. Latest entry was May 17th for me. Weird, I could've swore that it was working fine this morning, but apparently not.

EDIT: Still not showing brand new threads as new, it just shows them as old and having zero comments, for some reason.
    I have no problem with PMs that I am aware of. Still harrassing chatting with others regularly.
    The activity pages I have seen seem up to date.
    Are there still problems for people?
    I currently do not have any major glitches. A little less of the double posting happening (always inadvertent) as well as less errors when saving drafts (I often had error pop up).

(Thunderfinger is not spam; he is just a ham.) ;)

Lucky for me you love ham.
    A little spiced ham is fine. Especially with goat cheese and nice pumpernickel. :D
    I am as spiced as it gets.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This was a weird experience. I was just going back to my art thread on this site when the screen changed and the formatting of the forum page seemed to morph. Here's what my screen looked like:

14129141430_4f48de547b_o.png

The text on the far right looks updated, as does some of the text formatting for when we are posting comments. Could this be what the upgrade to the site will look like or something?
    The only thing that looks different to me is the coloring. Still seems pretty nice, though. It looks like we've all gotten glimpses of the upgrade here and there on accident.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The only thing that looks different to me is the coloring. Still seems pretty nice, though. It looks like we've all gotten glimpses of the upgrade here and there on accident.
    I like the look of it too, whatever it may mean.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,950
    @Brady I experience that on the odd occasion. Either that, or everyone's quoted comments turn yellow and the bold/underline/italic etc. options form a list under the 'write comment' window.
    It is all in your imagination. Mass hysteria.
    Yes, it seems we actually thought the site had been upgraded foruminute there.
    Did you also experience missing time?
This discussion has been closed.