Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

no,its a problem Sandy,lets just hope it doesnt get worse !!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    While the staff cleans up this problem, I will go clean my kitchen and bathroom. See you all tomorrow.
    Very efficient Thunderfinger,you can do mine next he he ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Yes, I had problems accessing the site a few days ago too. Thankfully all seem to be working OK now, though.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Recently it has been a bit iffy but only for a while, every now and again. Everything is alright at the moment.
    Fingers crossed it might have been a glitch only ... [-O<
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I haven't had problems with connecting, per se, but I've had an issue where I'll have to refresh some threads numerous times because it refuses to load the latter half of a page, or I'll click on certain threads which will load infinitely, never showing me that discussion, even though there isn't an issue with my Internet connection.
    I'd also had that happen recently.
    That happens to me quite often, making it impossible to go to the bottom of the page, to read the latest posts or make a comment. Strangely enough it happens nearly all the time right now. It is also the case on certain news websites, so did not think it was a problem especially troubling this site. Glad it is not just me. Isn t Silva dead? His grudge against MI6 is there even in the next life, I guess.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I haven't had problems with connecting, per se, but I've had an issue where I'll have to refresh some threads numerous times because it refuses to load the latter half of a page, or I'll click on certain threads which will load infinitely, never showing me that discussion, even though there isn't an issue with my Internet connection.

Yes, I have that problem quite a lot too, @Creasy47.
    Same here...well the non-loading of the lower half of the page part.
    Now it is worse than ever. Time for an overhaul, administrators.
    Just out of interest ,cant our avatars (or thumbnails apparantly) be made bigger ? Its hard to make out members choices next to their posts sometimes ?
    This has been asked before and the answer was sadly, no. Something may have changed in that time however Barry.
    Yes, I think they are all a standard size, but at least if you click on the member's profile you can see things clearly enough, which is a lot better than some of the sites I've been on.
    Aaah i see....oh well,it was just a curious question anyway,thanks for letting me know chaps.
    I would love to see some more about the site itself, either on the front page or a Q and A thread. The history of the site and forums, a presentation of the admins and mods, where are you located, user statistics, how do you share the workload etc and etc. I am sure I am not the only one? I liked this site a lot for some time before signing up, and since then I have come to love it. Not least due to the excellent staff and regular members.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    I agree that it would be nice with some history info about the site and forums @Thunderfinger. The old forums had more user statistics, it was easy to see total number of members, and browse members by posts/join date/etc. I'm not sure whether this is possible with the new software or not.

The mods and admins are spread out globally. North America, Europe, Australia/NZ. I'm your Swedish neighbor.

I'm afraid there is no further bio about us currently, but here is the full list of us (which you've probably seen already): http://mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/11/help-im-new

As for workload... The ones online at the time of chaos deal with the crap ;)

Thanks, neighbour. If nobody has the time to make some pieces on the front page, maybe I will create a Q/A thread for that purpose. Or would that be a nuisance?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Thanks, neighbour. If nobody has the time to make some pieces on the front page, maybe I will create a Q/A thread for that purpose. Or would that be a nuisance?

I and some other members have also expressed some interest in learning about some of the "behind-the-scenes" work that goes on here at the big MI6 C.

I and some other members have also expressed some interest in learning about some of the "behind-the-scenes" work that goes on here at the big MI6 C.

We do get flashes of what goes on the odd time although we get it in a drip feed. thread on what goes on behind the scenes would be really great.
    I do not wish to bother the mods too much, but if one of them wants to create a thread himself, much obliged.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    edited April 2014 Posts: 512
    My suggestion: Make the background of the search engine the same color as the overall background. Is that possible? Now it's looks a little sloppy, IMO.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Now I am back in that grinding halt soup again, but I think I know why. The internet connection slows down at this time of month as I have used up the included data in the package from my supplier. Could be the same reason for you others as well. It is especially a problem on this site and a few others. Annoying problem, but probably nothing MI6 can ammend.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2014 Posts: 16,333
    Now I am back in that grinding halt soup again, but I think I know why. The internet connection slows down at this time of month as I have used up the included data in the package from my supplier. Could be the same reason for you others as well. It is especially a problem on this site and a few others. Annoying problem, but probably nothing MI6 can ammend.

Data caps are lousy. My old internet service provider pulled that same crap with me and threatened to raise my bill. I soon gave them the axe and got a better internet provider.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I feel like the site varies in terms of freezing, but it doesn't appear to be due to Internet connection, as I've had it happen on all different types of Internet speed in numerous locations. Some nights/days I can get on just fine, while others, I spend refreshing each thread five or six times.
    Maybe it depends on who is signed in, then. Some here are perhaps under surveillance.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    edited April 2014 Posts: 784
    just a quick question, every time somebody makes a new post on a thread that I have bookmarked, and I click the thread, it always goes to page 1. I thought it was set up to go the the newest post?

I asked this question Jan 2012......it is still doing it today. Can we please fix this???

Any possible fixes coming out for this..it is still annoying as it was when I inquired in 2012. The old forum never was like this..
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,350
    I agree, that is still a problem as is the lack of an update regarding sticky threads, something that other forums have shown can be implemented.

With now being the time when very little is happening, you would think of all this is being worked on. But maybe it is and an update is merely days away.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I thought I'd comment on a problem I've been having. As everyone here knows, all the comments we post and threads we create are distinguished from everyone elses' with a blueish color. This was the case up until I logged on about a half an hour ago. Now my posts are a clear white like everyone elses', and the times that appear above my posts are five hours ahead of the current time at my location (10: 44 PM) which means its going off UK time for some reason. Also, whenever I go to make a new post I am sent into a new window with only a blank text box which none of the features like Bold, Italic, or Underline available/visible. Here's what my screen looks like:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5588/14033968893_9a3bc82477_o.png

The browser I'm using is Safari on a Mac, if that information is at all pertinent.
This discussion has been closed.