Mad Max (1979 - Present)

Comments

Now if we could some pics like that from the film I would be ready to get a heart attack from joy.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    If it's all the same to you, I'll buy that game.
    Who cares for games if we can get a film >:D< ?
  • oo7oo7
    edited June 2013 Posts: 1,068
    oo7 wrote:
    Point taken =)) .
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 1,661
    Whoever is in charge of marketing this film isn't doing a great job. I've seen just one photo from this film. A very short teaser would get a few more people aware of this film. I don't know if it's got a confirmed 2014 release date but summer would be cool.

I got a feeling this film and the new Robocop are going to underperform at the box office! Robocop was put back until 2014 release.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 5,767
    fanbond123 wrote:
    Whoever is in charge of marketing this film isn't doing a great job. I've seen just one photo from this film. A very short teaser would get a few more people aware of this film.
    I´m not sure about that. I find that if the first teaser is released too far ahead, by the time the film is released the interest has ebbed off again.
    And where it hadn´t ebbed off the film usually didn´t live up to the inflated expectations and thus left a stale aftertaste.
    I would like some sort of trailer but we don't know when it'll be released. There's no point putting a teaser out now if it's not going to come out until August 2014 is there?

I am expecting something sooner rather than later though.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    boldfinger wrote:
    fanbond123 wrote:
    Whoever is in charge of marketing this film isn't doing a great job. I've seen just one photo from this film. A very short teaser would get a few more people aware of this film.
    I´m not sure about that. I find that if the first teaser is released too far ahead, by the time the film is released the interest has ebbed off again.
    And where it hadn´t ebbed off the film usually didn´t live up to the inflated expectations and thus left a stale aftertaste.

I couldn't agree more. I remember when the first Iron-Man came out and it was announced that an Avengers movie was being made I was so excited. Then by the time it was finally released, a few years later, I wasn't that excited for it anymore. To this day I've only seen that movie once from beginning to end and bits of it from time to time.

• oo7oo7
    edited June 2013 Posts: 1,068
    img4.jpg
    bg_en-gb.jpg
    :-< This has pissed me off although I should've thought something was dodgy when I heard the bloke in the teaser speaking with an American accent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/10130073/American-Mad-Max-angers-Australians.html

The new Mad Max game stars an American Max and is set in America X(

This is f***ing ridiculous. You wouldn't make Bond American would you? Why would they do this, especially with the new film (which despite starring Tom Hardy is set in Australia with an Australian Max) coming out.

I refuse to buy this because it's butchering the character and I hope other fans will join me in protesting.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 5,767
    :-< This has pissed me off although I should've thought something was dodgy when I heard the bloke in the teaser speaking with an American accent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/10130073/American-Mad-Max-angers-Australians.html

The new Mad Max game stars an American Max and is set in America X(

This is f***ing ridiculous. You wouldn't make Bond American would you? Why would they do this, especially with the new film (which despite starring Tom Hardy is set in Australia with an Australian Max) coming out.

I refuse to buy this because it's butchering the character and I hope other fans will join me in protesting.
    I think it´s utter lack of respect, and even if I don´t care much for games, I heartily endorse your protest! >:P
  • oo7oo7
    The game would appear to be 18 months in its current state of development. pre alpha so things are not locked into place. as this is not due to arrive till around Xmas next year the voice work will no doubt change.
    If you look at the full trailer you will notice the fallen bridge witnessed by the pilot and children from thunder dome is there, of course they passed it on the way to a fallen Sydney so this is clearly still the Australian setting.
    Of course if Mel Gibson is content with Machette films and Expendables 3 I see no reason why he would not be willing to lend his voice to a full game. although he sounds more american now.
  • oo7oo7
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Attn. fans who want Max to have an Aussie accent in <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=#MadMaxGame&amp;src=hash&quot;&gt;#MadMaxGame&lt;/a&gt; : It shall be so. We admire your loyalty. You have been heard.</p>— Christofer Sundberg (@CHSundberg) <a href=" 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    And people say complaining gets you nowhere :)

I'm happy they had the good grace to listen and to change it. Not many companies would do that.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    And people say complaining gets you nowhere :)

I'm happy they had the good grace to listen and to change it. Not many companies would do that.
    That's pretty frikkin' awesome all right!
  • oo7oo7
    BO_hqJHCUAAcfgK.png
    Does that mean they first want to see how the game sells before they decide on which scale to release the film?
  • oo7oo7
    boldfinger wrote:
    Does that mean they first want to see how the game sells before they decide on which scale to release the film?

the games slated for 2014 release. the film is apparently ready to be released for christmas 2014.
    oo7 wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:

the games slated for 2014 release. the film is apparently ready to be released for christmas 2014.
    Then what is that in 3 days?

• edited July 2013 Posts: 12,837
    boldfinger wrote:
    Then what is that in 3 days?

A gameplay premiere is where they show off a demo of the game, either to the press or released online. Normally I think they're about 10 minutes long.

It's like showing a clip to promote an upcoming movie.
  • oo7oo7
    BPKDRs-CAAA0RQ5.png:large
  • oo7oo7
    object>
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Gunplay plus Motorstorm. It could make for a great mix.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Still seems a bit off with the lack of Aussie accents but they've promised to fix that so it's not really a problem.

Looks brilliant. I like how they've stayed true to the films.

I hope the shotgun isn't the only weapon we get to use though. I want to play with crossbows and flamethrower turrets.

I'm expecting something for the film soon, now this game has bought some awareness for it.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 5,767
    The violence gives hope for a good film.
  • oo7oo7
    dxrpk.jpg
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 5,767
    Nice :-)!

At first sight, the rear end reminded me of BTTF´s DeLorean, which is also not bad at all :-).

Love the tires! That´s an inspiring image. Hard to stop looking at.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    That's the same model as Max's car. But is it the actual car? Looks great either way.

http://www.amcarguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/4-madmax-car-falcon.jpg
  • oo7oo7
    gaming-mad-max-screenshot-3.jpg