Mad Max (1979 - Present)

1121314151618»

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Is that a Bentley? :D
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Seems like they have a story to tell.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It looks very vibrant, which on the one hand is great, but I think it's lost a bit of the texture of the previous film. It feels a little plasticky.

But then again, they worked hard on the visuals of the last film for ages following the release of the first trailer. So this is likely far from finished!
    A sign for this got my attention at Sydney Airport, "coming soon" it promised.

340617754_3119691881657531_5538027206645586082_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p320x320&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=596444&_nc_ohc=fKKSZ2pq8SEAX9_WomT&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AfD4uuP7G6IhtYWvRrzeaQA9uUk7vuZqDqvBv8hOkfMcOw&oe=65D57058
    340612188_1635900786832467_6601916340228160323_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s960x960&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=783fdb&_nc_ohc=o3POEZFv6gEAX8xBjg8&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=00_AfC-mNG3fQlegb0Ghq-Ltn6iZFpSLJ6MH9B4mjuul11ltg&oe=65D5060C
    64de4623bba23f9e2cae080b_Logo%5D.png
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    A sign for this got my attention at Sydney Airport, "coming soon" it promised.

340617754_3119691881657531_5538027206645586082_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p320x320&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=596444&_nc_ohc=fKKSZ2pq8SEAX9_WomT&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AfD4uuP7G6IhtYWvRrzeaQA9uUk7vuZqDqvBv8hOkfMcOw&oe=65D57058
    340612188_1635900786832467_6601916340228160323_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s960x960&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=783fdb&_nc_ohc=o3POEZFv6gEAX8xBjg8&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=00_AfC-mNG3fQlegb0Ghq-Ltn6iZFpSLJ6MH9B4mjuul11ltg&oe=65D5060C
    64de4623bba23f9e2cae080b_Logo%5D.png

Well spotted, @RichardTheBruce. :-D
    Yeah here's the actual picture from my phone, really got my attention there.

8eb0bed75b84c4322ef29ebcccc5f6b7ef9f0dd8.pnj

6bcaf87b900da80d4423769e8680b9210c3f7478.gifv
    Cinemark theaters screening the four Mad Max films this week.

Seeing Fury Road with my son here in Dallas tonight. A wonderful day.

• FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Cinemark theaters screening the four Mad Max films this week.

Seeing Fury Road with my son here in Dallas tonight. A wonderful day.

Nice that ....

Last October I too was fortunate enough to see the four Mad Max films theatrically, and in sequence over one night at Montreal’s sole remaining movie palace. Seeing the Black & Chrome version of Fury Road projected on a large screen was just stunning ....
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Definitely pumped for this but it's more and more apparent to me that the production hell that was Fury Road is why it wound up being so incredible. This one seems to be taking a lot more shortcutting and utilizing way more CGI in the car crashes and spectacle and whatnot - not that it wasn't also in its predecessor, it's just a lot more apparent here (especially if these are the "money shots" in the film). Slightly disappointing but mostly expected anymore.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It looks bonkers enough to be entertaining regardless but I'd echo your thoughts on this @Creasy47.
    It looks bonkers enough to be entertaining regardless but I'd echo your thoughts on this @Creasy47.

Oh absolutely. I'll still be seeing it in theaters, still excited for it, but both these trailers have convinced me to keep my expectations somewhat in check and not expect anything that's going to rival the masterpiece that is Fury Road, and I'm fine with that.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Furiosa is just a different beast.
    The bummer for me is George isn't getting any younger, and I fear we'll never get that Fury Road sequel he's discussed previously.
    edited March 20 Posts: 13,032
    During the extended Fury Road production, George Miller and his team mapped out three Max tales, giving them detail and mapping out the current state of the wasteland and backstories for the characters.

George seems unstoppable and able to continue to a 100 or more. At the same time, I believe he's set up a team of filmmakers to continue the films regardless.

It's true the trailers mine familiar territory with some quick flourishes. That said, I expect Director George Miller has a tale to tell with Furiosa.

Looks good, if too similar to 'Fury Road' a film I cant really connect with, since Max was recast.
    'Mad Max 2' still rules for me!
    My son aptly commented on the trailer for Godzilla x Kong pretty much "showing the whole movie." So I take the Furiosa trailer as the opposite of that.

Love Mad Max 2 The Road Warrior, was there opening night in a drive-in double bill with The Thing.

To me Fury Road is different but its equal, another grand achievement by George Miller that's true to the Max character and his wasteland.

edited April 27 Posts: 13,032

den+of+geek.jpg
    Furiosa Will Introduce a New Kind
    of Character to the Mad Max
    Movie Universe

Furiosa introduces the History Man to the Mad Max universe.
    Here's why that might be a huge deal for this film franchise.
    https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/furiosa-mad-max-history-man/
    By Joe George | March 22, 2024
    furiosa-mad-max-dementus.jpg?resize=768%2C432
    Chris Hemsworth as Dementus in Furiosa
    Photo: Warner Bros. Pictures
    “There will always be war,” intones an authoritative voice at the end of the second trailer for Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga. “But to get home, Furiosa fought the world.”
    A narrator isn’t exactly something new to the world of Mad Max, as the 1981 sequel Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior opens and closes with voiceover, as does 2015’s Mad Max: Fury Road. But in those cases, the narration served a basic expositional purpose, providing basic information for those who have not seen the previous films — something particularly important for The Road Warrior, as few Americans had the opportunity to watch 1979’s Mad Max.

But as Anya Taylor-Joy steps in for Charlize Theron in Furiosa, the narrator serves a different, more important in-universe purpose.
    In a recent interview with EW, Furiosa director George Miller shed some light on this voice from the shadows. “That’s a narrator called the History Man,” Miller revealed. “In this story, we meet the History Man, and because it’s a saga — Fury Road happened over three days and two nights; this movie happens over basically 16 years from when she’s 10 to 26, it goes on a little further when she becomes 28, but it’s basically over those 16 years — and we meet this character, and he is integral to the story. So, he’s the narrator.”
    While Miller’s comments seem to downplay the narrator, the fact that he’s a History Man carries a great deal of importance. The concept of History Men and Women were actually introduced in the 2015 Fury Road prequel comics that DC Comics published under its Vertigo label. Based on storyboards and notes that Miller wrote for Fury Road, the comics were scripted by Nico Lathouris and Mark Sexton, and drawn by Riccardo Burchielli, Leandro Fernandez, Andrea Mutti, and Sexton.

The four issues tell the backstories of Nux, Immortan Joe, Furiosa (at least, her decision to free Joe’s wives), and Max. And they all are narrated by a figure who introduces himself as a History Man.
    “When the world fell, they burned the books, leaving nothing but a random collection of wordburgers,” explains a bald man with writing tattooed all over his skin. “We History Men and Women preserve these stories, stories by which to navigate the future… and avoid a repetition of the past.”
    Even those who haven’t read the comics might recall a tattooed figure who tells the stories of the past. We saw one briefly in Fury Road in the form of Miss Giddy (Jennifer Hagan) the older woman who taught Immortan Joe’s wives that they were not things and helped them escape with Furiosa. That said, it’s never confirmed that she’s meant to be part of the History Men group.

By bringing a History Man into the film, Furiosa makes stronger gestures toward continuity. Thus far, the four Mad Max films have had loose connections to one another. They all feature former police man Max Rockatansky, first played by Mel Gibson and then by Tom Hardy, and Max has a haunted past, a bum leg, and a muscle car. But outside of that, the character has been more mythic than coherent, functioning like Clint Eastwood’s Man With No Name.

By introducing the History Men and Women into the film world, Furiosa may start to draw a chronological throughline between the movies. Some viewers may balk at the idea, saying that the franchise never needed strict continuity. But, as with all thing Max, we’ll accept it… if Miller can make it epic.
    FURIOSA : A MAD MAX SAGA | OFFICIAL TRAILER #2 (2:27)

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ojcytgzp8beidyn6el3z69jwu1ks7e1p2brgjtk7&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g
    800px-GamesRadar.svg.png
    Mad Max: Fury Road prequel
    Furiosa gets an unsurprising R
    rating
    https://www.gamesradar.com/furiosa-mad-max-r-rating-mpaa/
    News -
    By Lauren Milici

The movie hits theaters in May
    5RLPrNxnEQH58q8tWamSVn-970-80.jpg.webp
    Anya Taylor-Joy as Furiosa in Furiosa
    (Image credit: Warner Bros)
    The MPAA (Motion Picture Association) has given Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga an unsurprising R-rating.

Per the MPAA, the film has been rated R for "sequences of violence and grisly images" (H/T BloodyDisgusting). Mad Max: Fury Road, its predecessor, was given a R rating for similar reasons: "intense sequences of violence throughout, and for disturbing images." In fact the only installment in the Mad Max franchise to not receive an R rating is Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome – which received a PG-13 for "sequences of fantasy violence and frightening images."

Set 15 to 20 years before Mad Max: Fury Road, the film follows a young Furiosa (Alyla Browne and Anya Taylor-Joy) who is kidnapped from the Green Place of Many Mothers by a Biker Horder led by the Warlord Dementus (Chris Hemsworth). Per the official synopsis:
    "While two Tyrants war for dominance over the Citadel, Furiosa survives many trials as she plots a way back home through the Wasteland."
    Written and directed by George Miller, the cast includes Lachy Hulme as Immortan Joe, Tom Burke as Praetorian Jack, Nathan Jones as Rictus Erectus, John Howard as The People Eater, Angus Sampson as The Organic Mechanic, Charlee Fraser as Mary Jo Bassa (Furiosa's Mother), Daniel Webber as War Boy, and Quaden Bayles.

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga is set to premiere at the Cannes Film Festival on May 15 before hitting theaters on May 24. For more, check out our list of the most exciting upcoming movies in 2024 and beyond, or, skip right to the good stuff with our list of movie release dates.
    2218cd9d3d1df52b83f097fa3370bc9ec12f599d.gifv
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    ATJ is a very attractive woman.