Mad Max (1979 - Present)

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    August time then. Thanks for the answer. I hope it does good business at the box office.
    That's my guess looking at the schedules. There's quite a lot of sci-fi themed movies being released next year and it might be best to allow Elysium (August 9th) and Pacific Rim (July 12th) to proceed MM by a month. Before that it's just too crowded with Superman, World War Z, After Earth, Star Trek 2, Wolverine and The End of the World. Plus there's still no word when Oblivion is going to be released.
    Oblivion is released on 12th April in the US.
    Maybe the same time we get a release date. Hopefully early next year.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Tom Hardy was at the Jack Reacher premiere.

Does that mean filming is done? Hopefully we'll get a teaser fairly soon
    Yes, it's in post production according to imdb, but I can't see any sign of a composer yet.
    bondsum wrote:
    Yes, it's in post production according to imdb, but I can't see any sign of a composer yet.
    Wow, tough call. I am totally in love with Jarre´s score for Beyond, and I adore the effectiveness of Brian May´s scores, but who would dare score a film like that these days?

On the other hand, it may be the first reasonable score from Bryan Tyler ;-).
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 3,333
    I'm getting reports that its' Marco Beltrami that's doing the score, @boldfinger.

http://marco-beltrami.com/

Notice the poster for Mad Max: Fury Road on the left side column.
    bondsum wrote:
    I'm getting reports that its' Marco Beltrami that's doing the score, @boldfinger.

http://marco-beltrami.com/

Notice the poster for Mad Max: Fury Road on the left side column.
    Wow that´s a promising poster :-) ! Shame it won´t enlarge.

Yes, it looks like an old-school style poster. That's the first glimpse of the poster I've seen anywhere - shame it's only a thumbnail. Also the composer is currently recording the new Die Hard score so it looks like the recording pecking order is: 1) Die Hard 2) Carrie 3) World War Z 4) Wolverine 5) Mad Max.
    Busy man that Beltrami ;-) . I only remember that his score for T3 wasn´t all that bad.
    It does seem that he's getting a lot of big movie work of recent.

I also found out that the "albino dude" is Hugh Keays-Byrne, the actor who played the baddie Toecutter in the first Mad Max movie and is called Immortan Joe in Fury Road. Here's the pic in case you've forgotten...

original.jpg
    The Toecutter! He knows who I am!
    Nice to have that creepy dude back.

I found the image from Beltrami´s website, and it´s apparently nothing official, since it lists Mel Gibson as lead actor:
    http://www.flicksnews.net/2009/10/video-george-miller-talks-mad-max-4.html
  • I did hear that the actor who played Toecutter was getting a cameo. Pretty cool how they bought him back.

The more I hear about this the more faith I have in it. A great cast, a sequel not a reboot, the original director/creator, etc.

I'm really glad we're getting this film and not some cash grab reboot.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 3,333
    Good research, @boldfinger. Shame it won't be the finished poster though. :((

The make up certainly looks freaky, @thelivingroyale, and more in keeping with Mad Max 2. I can't wait to see the first trailer for this movie.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 5,767
    Principal photography has wrapped:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98154
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Now, it's time for a trailer/set of photos.

I figure once they release the poster, it will immediately be followed by the teaser trailer.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Now, it's time for a trailer/set of photos.

I figure once they release the poster, it will immediately be followed by the teaser trailer.
    As for fotos, you´ll find tons of snapshots of vehicles on the net. As for stills from the film, yeah, about time.

@boldfinger, I've seen the vehicles, I'm just now waiting for the stills...or a poster...or a trailer...
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @boldfinger, I've seen the vehicles, I'm just now waiting for the stills...or a poster...or a trailer...
    Who isn´t ;-)?

But I´d rather wait some more months and get something visceral and scary than get some uninspired run-of-the-mill poster. I´ve got a feeling that if they are avoiding the early pr machinery, then perhaps it is because the film is not that mainstream, which can only be good. I don´t need a blockbuster that is based on compromises.
    Is this the first picture of Mad Max...

tom-hardy-mad-max-fury-road.jpeg

http://collider.com/mad-max-fury-road-image/219107/
    @bondsum, it most certainly is. Hardy looks awesome in the film.
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/yes-this-is-the-first-look-at-tom-hardy-in-mad-max-fury-road-20121220
    Now this is mean, especially that they give the prospective release date for the US as 2014. So far I thought, let them work and make a brilliant film, but now with such a killer pic online, it suddenly feels immensely torturous to have to wait still more than a year :(( . I hope that is just a joke.
    Miller did a great job with the first 3 but he had mel gibson who performed so well in the films.
    Hopefully it's a top film unlike the total recall remake which is supposed to be rubbish.
    001 wrote:
    Miller did a great job with the first 3 but he had mel gibson who performed so well in the films.
    Hopefully it's a top film unlike the total recall remake which is supposed to be rubbish.
    Firstly, it doesn´t really make sense to compare those two. Total Recall was once made by Verhoeven, and once by Wiseman, two rather different directors. Miller has done the first two Mad Max films, some of the third, and two Happy Feet films, which establishes him as a reliable professional.
    Secondly, Tom Hardy can play anything.
    And thirdly, the Total Recall remake isn´t that bad at all. The climax is a bit rubbish admittedly, but up until then it´s a very entertaining, expensive b-movie.

boldfinger wrote:
    001 wrote:
    Firstly, it doesn´t really make sense to compare those two. Total Recall was once made by Verhoeven, and once by Wiseman, two rather different directors. Miller has done the first two Mad Max films, some of the third, and two Happy Feet films, which establishes him as a reliable professional.
    Secondly, Tom Hardy can play anything.
    And thirdly, the Total Recall remake isn´t that bad at all. The climax is a bit rubbish admittedly, but up until then it´s a very entertaining, expensive b-movie.

Miller making these films doesn't guarantee a good film as he is 30 years older since mad max 2.

I don't like b movies.
    001 wrote:
    Miller making these films doesn't guarantee a good film as he is 30 years older since mad max 2.

I don't like b movies.
    Miller did two Happy Feet movies in between, which, though certainly not any Mad Max fan´s dream, clearly show that he´s a fine director who constantly delivered quality.

Sorry if you don´t like b movies. But still you needn´t worry. There´s no logical parallel between the Total Recall films and the Mad Max films ;-). Which doesn´t garantee this new film is a certain masterpiece. Nothing does.

• Bit of a new look for Max but he looks cool. Can't wait for this one.
    It still looks like the black leather jacket from the first 2 movies, except the picture has a greenish tinge to it, @thelivingroyale.