Mad Max (1979 - Present)

Comments

Hopefully there's no jar jar binks type character in it like george lucas introduced for the new star wars films he made. :)
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    It's good to hear they are done filming. Not sure why we don't have a release date yet.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's good to hear they are done filming. Not sure why we don't have a release date yet.

Maybe because some think it may not be out until 2014. If that is the case, we'll have a while to wait yet I think. X(
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    The IMBD page says 2014 now.

If they're done filming is there no way they could push it out later this year? Surley pos production doesn't take that long. There's not much else coming out in the Autumn is there?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited January 2013 Posts: 17,687
    Must be MONTHS & MONTHS of CGI planned.....
    All the backgrounds, all the buildings, bit for explosions, character alterations, jazzing up the vehicle appearances...
  • Sadly there hasn't been much news about the film for a while but I found this today.

http://www.examiner.com/article/possible-mad-max-title-for-xbox-720-and-ps4-gets-teased-through-new-image

A Mad Max game could be great. I'm wondering now wether it'll be a movie tie in or if it'll have a new story.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837

Really thought we'd have a trailer by now :(

It was actually meant to be coming out around now. I think 2013 might be wishful thinking now. We'll have to wait another year it seems, it better be worth it.
  • What do you guys think of Mad Max Beyond thunderdome?

I saw it for the first time when ITV4 showed the trilogy back to back. Its nowhere near the level of the first two films but its a pretty good film even though it was a troubled shoot.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 5,767
    What do you guys think of Mad Max Beyond thunderdome?

I saw it for the first time when ITV4 showed the trilogy back to back. Its nowhere near the level of the first two films but its a pretty good film even though it was a troubled shoot.
    The soundtrack CD by Maurice Jarre is one of my absolute favorite film soundtracks ever.

Even though it´s kind of a let-down that the film BTD is by no means as straightforward as the first two films, it offers some really nice ideas.
    The idea of Max finding a new perspective through becoming the protector of the kids is great, but it´s totally ruined by the inconsequential ending of the film, when Max again finds himself stranded alone in the desert.

What really draws the film down is its lame copying of elements especially from The Road Warrior. Bruce Spence re-appearing at the beginning of the film right away gave me the impression that this is a cheap knock-off. Blaster being a visual copy of Humungus is both cheap knock-off and clever at the same time.

I got into the Mad Max films not too long ago. After watching the first two films, it took me two attempts to finish the third one, it´s so lame in comparison.

Although it is a step down after the first two, I do like the idea of Barter Town and The Thunderdome, and I do like the fight sequence with Blaster.

I think the second half is where it really drops in quality, because of the kids.

Happy he gives his blessing. Not that it would've mattered in the end but it just nice to know that he's cool with Hardy.

As to all the movies, The Road Warrior is the only good one. Never liked Mad Max and Beyond Thunderdome. Mad Max was too much of a bore and Thunderdome was dull. The Road Warrior is an awesome film and I wouldn't mind owning that one on Blu-Ray.
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/15/warner-bros-registers-several-mad-max-game-domains

It's nice we're getting a Mad Max game but I'd really prefer some more news from the film.

Surely we should have a trailer by now? I think we're going to have to wait until 2014 for this one, even though filming finished in December.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I said as much in January, that's the reason we have no release date - it won't be out until next year. A pity really, as it should have been out this year. I want to see it. Unless the plan was to release a game alongside it all the time?

It doesn't say much for the faith placed in this film.
    In its defence one could say that 3D usually takes a lot of time to get done, if it´s done properly. :-?
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 3,333
    Ok, there's been a severe lack of Mad Max 4: Fury Road news around here lately so I thought I'd post a couple of shots of one of the vehicles - The Gigahorse...

jkztpx.jpg
    icmujd.jpg

There's also Greg van Borssum, Second Unit Director of Mad Max: Fury Road (also weapons advisor, weapons consultant, fight choreographer & stunt performer) who gave an interview to Blitz Martial Arts Magazine and here is what he said about his experience working with Tom Hardy:

Tom came to the table with a ton of ideas all based on where he wanted to take the character. We spent so much time sitting around talking about character and movement - it was fantastic. Tom didn’t like to rehearse the shorter sequences much and it proved to be a Godsend. It meant he was actually playing catch-up in the fights, as would really happen. It gave me what I always wanted for the fight scenes in this film, which was to have the choreography hidden inside what looked like a real fight and not let you see the beats.

BQ65nAb.jpg

Ok, some of this might be old news to some of you but as it hasn't been posted here I thought I'd give some of you a little taste of what's coming our way... sadly now in 2014.
    Thanks for that @bondsum. Hardy definitely seems dedicated and they've nailed the Mad Max look for the film. The vehicles look brilliant.
    That's ok, @thelivingroyale, I was mainly doing it for you as I know you're a huge Mad Max fan starved of news lately. Looks like we won't be getting much until later in the year as the movie has been pushed for a 2014 release.
    Always good to keep a Mad Max thread running ;-).

I´m a little bit confused, everything I saw so far (which of course is hardly anything) looks so promising. Could it be this film is really going to be very very good?
    If so, then why isn't it out this year? Doesn't make sense to me.
    I don't know, @Samuel001, though it might have something to do with all the post apocalyptic movies out this year and the fact that the studio might want to put some distance between them and their baby. There is a such a thing as over saturation and I can understand why some execs might think these other movies might harm the BO potential of Fury Road.
    Looks like a Mad Max game has been confirmed! From the look of the pic they are going with Gibson's model and not Hardy's.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/10/mad-max-game-announced.aspx
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I think that's a good sign. If they're using Gibson, that means that they were making this long before work on the new movie started, which means it's not a rushed tie in game and will probably be good.

Brutal.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Both the film and game next year? Yes please. The trailer hints at something quite fun but most trailers do.
  • oo7oo7
    MadMax-_-Melee-Combat-Kneejerk-Reaction.jpg
    madmax-_-danger-at-dusk.jpg
    madmax-_-top-dog-defeated-jpeg.jpg
    I might just have to get this game...