The Girls' Room

Comments

• edited February 2013 Posts: 6,601
    Thanks all :-* just got back from the first round of celebration. 1 hour of rest, then off to the next :) No Martinis yet, just Champagne and red wine, but I gonna work on it. Cheers...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Happy Birthday @Germanlady! @};-
  • Happy Birthday to Germanlady from me as well! :)
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    @ Oligarch Hello to you also, though i am definitely a man :-)

Are you sure? You should be content with your femininity. I have a transgender neighbor in the flat next door, she's a rather a nice person and doesn't bother anybody.

:))

(I promise, that's all your getting.)

Nice to see you again @AgentFae.

You have lost me there mate?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Just repeating what a certain poster said further up the page. I found it funny at least.

*leaves room...*
    Happy birthday GermanLady
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Just repeating what a certain poster said further up the page. I found it funny at least.

*leaves room...*

Ah right, no worries did not see the post. Been in and out of site, been working today.
    Thanks again for the wishes, folks. Very kind of you :-*
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Did you have fun? I hope so :-bd
    Yes, I did. Two parties so to say. One over day and one at night. ;)
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 2,081
    I'm typically late here... but good to hear you had a great birthday, GL. :D
    Tuulia wrote:
    I'm typically late here... but good to hear you had a great birthday, GL. :D

:)

Wishing everybody agreat, relaxing sunday.
    So, this is time for me to leave for a while. Will be heading to my new digs tomorrow ;) I'll be spending at least a week sorting things. I'll be missing this place and especially a few, selected member.
    I hope to be back soon, until then farewell martinismiley.gif
    Hey Sandy, I wish you all the best. Folks will miss your insideful commets around here,. Like I have said twice already, THIS time I am really off until there is someting new to discuss. See you around.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:
    So, this is time for me to leave for a while. Will be heading to my new digs tomorrow ;) I'll be spending at least a week sorting things. I'll be missing this place and especially a few, selected member.
    I hope to be back soon, until then farewell martinismiley.gif
    Germanlady wrote:
    Hey Sandy, I wish you all the best. Folks will miss your insideful commets around here,. Like I have said twice already, THIS time I am really off until there is someting new to discuss. See you around.

I fear this place has taken a critical hit due to both your absences. Take good care, miladies.
    crying-sad-waving-bye-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Thanks for the kind comments @Germanlady and @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 but now I'm back (well, sort of) and I noticed GL is also around.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:
    Thanks for the kind comments @Germanlady and @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 but now I'm back (well, sort of) and I noticed GL is also around.

Yes, things weren't as dire as they at first appeared. #:-S
    Here we are again, another week has passed. Unfortunately this thread has been much too quiet lately!

So ladies and gentlemen, how is your Sunday going to be like?

Here the weather is terrible and I have a great deal of washing and house-cleaning, so nothing fun. However, I might pop a Sherlock episode to watch while I'm going through the boring things I have to do.
    Hi Sandy - coming here to read headlines. Sorry for not taking part actively anymore. Times will change again.
    Here we had sun, the snow has melted and I didn the samed - cleaning the house. What a great (not) day to spend a Sunday. But the day is still young. Have a good one.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Hi! I was thinking about this thread as I logged on. Sometimes we are just treading water, but let's keep this one alive. :)>-

I feel like I have just completed a marathon - at work. Exhausted, yet relieved (my kindergartners' graduation was flawless and moving). Now I have 2 weeks of holiday, thank God (and I do). So I am today trying to just rest. If my throat doesn't get better I'll get to a doctor tomorrow (infection dwelling I am sure). LOTS of books reading and dvds and bike riding on my "to do" list.

Also, I want to get caught up on the Originals thread. So my DAD review will be in, I hope, late today with CR and QOS within 3 days. I so enjoy that thread.

I am irked and disappointed at the amount of trolls, blathering, and in general reduced quality of several threads. I appreciate the long term members sticking around and contributing well put and interesting conversation; their charm and wit keep some polish going here. I am not leaving this forum, I hope this is a down spell, and I will continue to be a regular. It is still the best Bond site for me. Thanks, @Sandy and @Germanlady, for staying the course. :) I know you will be involved infrequently, GL, but any input from you is appreciated and it's just nice to know you are still around.

In about 2 hours, I will be walking my dog in a chilly morning, overlooking the lovely Seto Inland Sea. Nice start to my vacation.

Cheers, everyone! And Happy St. Paddy's Day!

(And, Sandy, how do I get the little emoticon for the cocktail being poured? I don't know how to find it/copy it ... I really like that one!)
    Great minds think alike @4EverBonded :D

Good to know you'll have 2 weeks off, use them wisely ;)

I'll be eagerly expecting your Original's reviews.

I feel demotivated by the route this forum is taking, to be honest. That is the reason why I have been more quiet than usual, and posting only when I feel like it's a must.

I hope your throat gets better, do see a doctor if necessary. However, a good ginger deciction with lemon juice and honey is very soothing and might help get you better even sooner. My secret weapon, however, was shared to me by a renouned ENT once: half a lemon, same amount of warm water, a spoon of salt; gargle. It feels absolutely terrible but it's the best thing I've ever tried for a throat infection. However I have to be really sick (meaning: desperate) before I convince myself to do it ;)

You can get the emoticon by right clicking in it, select "copy image link" or something like that. Then use it like any regular image. Hope this is of help :)
    Just thought I would pop in to check on my favorite Bond girls. ;)

The weather here in northern Pennsylvania is nasty, and Mother Nature is none to quick to make up here mind about whether or not our area will ever see sunny weather and warm temperatures again. Some days the skies are blue, the air fair, yet others it is frigid and unforgiving, back and forth, back and forth. Now Mother Nature is brewing up a nasty winter storm for us (yes, a WINTER storm in Spring, folks) that will no doubt carry on into the night and give us a nice few inches of snow to look at in the morning. Weeee.

This brooding agent wants the weather to break for spring temperatures so that he can get outside and become a bird freed of the caged inside life that winter forces him to be in for months on end. :-<

Other than that, I only have about a month left of my first year of college. I can't wait to get out of this place for a spell, even though most of my summer will be spent working.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Sandy don't be demotivated! learn to read past the trolling, flag it where necessary, and you'll be fine. Myself I post a lot less nowedays, but after, I don't know, 7 years or so on these boards I've seen most discussions and arguments, and frankly, I don't give a darn anymore. I like the more intellectual SF discussions, but I can't keep up, it's too many comments.
    @4ever, I am really looking foreward to your reviews! The QoS discussion is interesting, but not as much as the reviews themselves are.

And then there's this one bit I want to add to the discussion here in februari: I have been sleeping with a girl who's been sleeping around for quite some time. For both of us it's just good fun, as we're both single. I wouldn't really care if a girl has slept around if I fall in love with her, it at least makes her experienced and probably more fun. All I do ask then is that, if she really has fallen in love with me too, she'll be true to me. And I'd expect her to expect from me the same.
    That last bit, however, has caused me a broken heart just recently (not the above mentioned girl mind you). But I guess that's life.

But then again, I'm not from the US and not in my teens, nor twenties anymore. I guess that makes a difference as well.

Yes, we all get fed up with trolls, immature spam-ish chatter than goes on and on and ruins threads. But let's stay the course, shall we? We deserve this forum, and deserve to keep it of real value.

I am trying the lemon and salt water today,@Sandy, thanks! :) It doesn't sound too bad for me, actually. I am just now getting up and I feel slightly better. Onward and upwards, eh?

I am watching DAD and CR today. The first will be a chore and the second a treat. Reviews coming again this week at long last. I just can't write a short one, although DAD will be one of my briefer efforts. What much is there to say that hasn't been said so well by others on the Originals thread? I did enjoy the first half and I always enjoy Pierce.

Personally, I loved Skyfall. I'm buying it this spring. It is in my top 5.

Re; relationships/fun/sleeping around/sex/faithfulness ...
    Well, let me say that I think no matter how we mature, how well we handle relationships, no matter what comes our way, we are never too old or too experienced to be immune to having a broken heart. I'm totally empathetic to you going through that, @CommanderRoss, and I hope you meet a sunny, lovely woman soon to help you get past those unhappy feelings.

I am American, but I think most cultures still place a value on being faithful - just hazarding a guess here, as I have not been romantically involved with anyone other than Americans. I try to remember that every person is different, they bring their own ideas (even if subconscious) to what faithfulness is, and I still try to stay open-hearted and welcome love, fun, sex, attraction, mutual camaraderie, etc. I place a high value on friendship, too, and I know that will get me through the rest of my life, even if another great romance does not come my way. I am happy and sufficient by myself (perhaps more than most), but my friends give me a rounded, much more fulfilled life. I want my life to be filled with love, peace, fun, some adventure, and meaning.

So here's to each of us, wherever we are in the world, any culture, any situation - here's to not yielding, to still standing, still keeping an open heart and mind, and still Bonding.
    ;)
    4Ever - have great hols and relax the heck out of it.

Ross - love is always a risk, but she should never try to find it - even at the price of a broken heart. Better feeling pain then feeling nothing at all.

Take care, everybody.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Thanks @4Ever and @Germanlady for your support. Yes, I think beeing faithfull to eachother is very important if it's meant to be a lasting relationship. That's why honesty is so important. Oh well, C'est la vie. I'll try not to go for the QoS short story plot ;-)

All I'm saying is, on a not-so-personal level, that I think judgements like 'girls shouldn't sleeparound but for men it's cool' are extremely backward and stand in the way of happiness, as you're busy judging other people, in stead of getting on with your own life. But I know by now people really love to judge eachother.
    Yes, the same standard should apply for both sexes. It is, unfortunately, human nature to judge others. And to jump to conclusions.

I hope to keep getting better at living, and the rough edges worn smoother as I age. I sense some progress, some slippage. C'est la vie, at least I am trying.

Hope everyone has a lovely spring. The weather is strange and not good in many places, I know. Today is breaking softly and partly sunny, not very cold. Spring and autumn are my favorite times of year. Is anyone else on holiday at this time?
    Not me, but in two weeks' time I'm off to one of the lovliest cities in the world: Copenhagen. It'll be just four days, but that's enough to keep me going for a couple of months. Danes must be the friendliest people on earth.

Actually the weather might not have been nice over here, but it's quite normal. People have gotten used to early springs here for the last ten years, but we're supposed to hav weather like we have now. I can't wait for summer to come along though! Allthough may can be very nice as well. Hmm. You know what, I'll just go for sunshine. I would love to have a day where I can enjoy the sun for the whole day.
    Well ladies, remember the OPI Skyfall nail polish collection? I just found out OPI is releasing another Bond-related collection: OPI Bond Girls.

OPI-Bond-Girls-2.jpg
    OPI-Bond-Girls-Collage.jpg
    All credits for the lovely photos go to the Vampy Varnish blog.

The colours are all named after Bond girls: Solitaire, Honey Ryder, Pussy Galore, Tiffany Case, Jinx, Vesper.

What do you think?
    Great - especially if you like the sparkly kind. :) I don't wear polish - when I did/do, I like a very clear, pearlized look.

But I'm just happy to see 007 products. I still want to buy the 007 cologne for men as a gift too; I have to track it down here.