The Girls' Room

Comments

• @4EverBonded: That is a tough question! Looks-wise, probably Solitaire, since I'm short and have long dark hair. Personality-wise... Pam maybe?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    jackdagger wrote:
    @4EverBonded: That is a tough question! Looks-wise, probably Solitaire, since I'm short and have long dark hair. Personality-wise... Pam maybe?

@jackdagger, you have a great Vesper-air about you. That shows in the photo you posted that you took in your Solange dress. A definite sense of mystery, yet an attractive girl you wouldn't mind trying to figure out. And you must understand, that is a supreme compliment coming from me. :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, I think 0Brady is a bit of a Vesper fan. :)
    The most difficult part if the resemblance for looks. Personality is a bit easier for most of us to identify with, I think.
  • We may have already done this ... I am too lazy to check our earlier chats (sorry).
    But ... what Bond girl (woman) would you say that you most resemble in personality or looks? Just thinking about it as the guys are chatting these days about this re Bond. Just for fun, what do you think?

For me: Alas, none in looks - but most closely would be Carole Bouquet in FYEO if she had wavy blonde hair (yeah, I know, can't imagine that ...). Her character, Melina's, personality probably most resembles mine, too. Along with a dash of Pam (Carey Lowell). (If going by the books only, I'd have to add Honeychile Ryder).

What about you?

Tough question. I can't think of a Bond girl with my features! Maybe that girl from TWINE, Giulietta da Vinci (had to google her lol), but she's still too italian. I have dark hair (too dark), really light skin (too white) and my lips are considerably big (not too big haha).

Talking about my personality, I can be somewhat like Vesper, especially with strangers. She's the kind of person that can be aloof and acid, but deep down you might find a softer side that I can relate. I will also add a little bit of Tatiana Romanova because I'm not a serious person all the time. ;)

Well, I tried. I'm still convinced I'm nothing like any of them. But if they need someone like me, I'm here.

Personal opinion and all, but I don't think that a woman can have hair which is too dark. And of course if you have porcelain skin to go with it then it's even more striking. Mind you, my friend tells me that I have a "type" which fits that - think Winona Ryder, Rachel Weiss, Rose McGowan (though he can't explain why I've ended up dating a statistically improbable number of redheads given how few there are in the population).

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yes, I think 0Brady is a bit of a Vesper fan. :)

Oh...maybe just a little... ;)
    @thelordflasheart: Because redheads have that extra spark, maybe?
    Personally, speaking as a female, I have always liked men with red hair, blonde hair. Yet I fell heavily for Sean, Roger, and Timothy. So c'est la vie.
    As long as the collars and cuffs match ... ;)
  • @thelordflasheart: Because redheads have that extra spark, maybe?
    Personally, speaking as a female, I have always liked men with red hair, blonde hair. Yet I fell heavily for Sean, Roger, and Timothy. So c'est la vie.
    As long as the collars and cuffs match ... ;)

I should have clarified - all of the redheads I dated were true redheads - none of this current fad of blonds dyeing their hair red to look more interesting...

It's funny how attraction works. You can have a type and meet someone who really goes against it but that spark is just there. Personality can go a long way towards changing what someone thinks about your looks - thank dog! ;-)

As I point out to the guys who are angry that Craig isn't good-looking enough (!) for Bond, they should write him a thank-you note for showing so many women that a man who isn't classically handsome or a pretty-boy can be extremely attractive due to his presence and personality.

• Personal opinion and all, but I don't think that a woman can have hair which is too dark. And of course if you have porcelain skin to go with it then it's even more striking. Mind you, my friend tells me that I have a "type" which fits that - think Winona Ryder, Rachel Weiss, Rose McGowan (though he can't explain why I've ended up dating a statistically improbable number of redheads given how few there are in the population).

But my hair is indeed too dark. Not actually black, because that'd be unlikely for a natural hair. Though I got sick of it months ago and made a few highlights but now it's dark all over again and I kinda missed it. :))
  • As I point out to the guys who are angry that Craig isn't good-looking enough (!) for Bond, they should write him a thank-you note for showing so many women that a man who isn't classically handsome or a pretty-boy can be extremely attractive due to his presence and personality.

Craig messed up with what I used to think that was my type of guy and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

• Personal opinion and all, but I don't think that a woman can have hair which is too dark. And of course if you have porcelain skin to go with it then it's even more striking. Mind you, my friend tells me that I have a "type" which fits that - think Winona Ryder, Rachel Weiss, Rose McGowan (though he can't explain why I've ended up dating a statistically improbable number of redheads given how few there are in the population).

But my hair is indeed too dark. Not actually black, because that'd be unlikely for a natural hair. Though I got sick of it months ago and made a few highlights but now it's dark all over again and I kinda missed it. :))

Having not met you I can't comment directly, but I think that the contrast between such dark hair and pale skin would look amazing.

I just remembered that years ago I met a woman who had platinum blond hair - it was such a light blond that it was almost white (think Kim Novak in Vertigo). Turned out that her hair was actually black (or, technically, one shade away from black according to her hairdresser). She had incredibly pale skin and blue eyes and got tired of everyone asking her why she decided to "go goth" and dye her hair black! Maybe it was because of the time - blondes seemed more in favour then - but no matter how much we tried to convince her to "be herself" she refused to go back to her natural colour.

• jackdagger wrote:
    @4EverBonded: That is a tough question! Looks-wise, probably Solitaire, since I'm short and have long dark hair. Personality-wise... Pam maybe?

@jackdagger, you have a great Vesper-air about you. That shows in the photo you posted that you took in your Solange dress. A definite sense of mystery, yet an attractive girl you wouldn't mind trying to figure out. And you must understand, that is a supreme compliment coming from me. :)

Wow, that is nice coming from you. :)) Thanks!
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 173
    @4EverBonded, that is indeed a tough question, but I'll give it a try! I suppose that physically perhaps Berenice Marlohe would be the closest, just because of the long, dark brown hair, brown eyes and fair skin. Her skin tone is close to mine in that it's light but not too pale (my skin is much lighter than the average latina but still tans well, when under the sun it acquires a light golden color and doesn't go red). I'm nowhere near that tall though, I'm more petite, and my hair is thick, really long and I normally wear it straight. The other thing we have in common is just those smokey eyes she favors, which I go gaga for and you'll find me wearing whenever I can :).

As for personality, I suppose it'd be a mix of Vesper and Pam. I've been known to verbally spar in real life ala Vesper. In fact a lot of my conversations with my British boss sound a LOT like that conversation on the train between Vesper and Bond lol. I can also be rather sarcastic, cool (as in chilly) and maybe even offish... and when I'm on professional (corporate) mode, I do come off that way at times. From Pam, I guess there's just a certain dichotomy to her that I identify with. She is a woman in a man's world who certainly doesn't like to be pushed around, but also, she has a softer, more feminine side that comes out when least expected. *whew*

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Blofeld in DAF.
    Kerim wrote:
    Blofeld in DAF.

Ha! Now I have to try to picture you in a dress, dear Kerim ...?
    Well, DAF had a few good moments, but not that one. IMO.
    Liked some dialog, though ... ( as I already noted one, and another one I like is about Plenty O'Toole being named after her father). :D
    Regan wrote:
    @4EverBonded, that is indeed a tough question, but I'll give it a try! I suppose that physically perhaps Berenice Marlohe would be the closest, just because of the long, dark brown hair, brown eyes and fair skin. Her skin tone is close to mine in that it's light but not too pale (my skin is much lighter than the average latina but still tans well, when under the sun it acquires a light golden color and doesn't go red). I'm nowhere near that tall though, I'm more petite, and my hair is thick, really long and I normally wear it straight. The other thing we have in common is just those smokey eyes she favors, which I go gaga for and you'll find me wearing whenever I can :).

As for personality, I suppose it'd be a mix of Vesper and Pam. I've been known to verbally spar in real life ala Vesper. In fact a lot of my conversations with my British boss sound a LOT like that conversation on the train between Vesper and Bond lol. I can also be rather sarcastic, cool (as in chilly) and maybe even offish... and when I'm on professional (corporate) mode, I do come off that way at times. From Pam, I guess there's just a certain dichotomy to her that I identify with. She is a woman in a man's world who certainly doesn't like to be pushed around, but also, she has a softer, more feminine side that comes out when least expected. *whew*
    I've always loved smokey eyes, too. I do love Vesper, by the way.
    Totally aside from that, I bet you type almost as fast as I do, Regan. :)
    Kerim wrote:
    Blofeld in DAF.

Ha! Now I have to try to picture you in a dress, dear Kerim ...?
    Well, DAF had a few good moments, but not that one. IMO.
    Liked some dialog, though ... ( as I already noted one, and another one I like is about Plenty O'Toole being named after her father). :D
    It's called a Nehru suit. :-B
    edited December 2012 Posts: 12,459
    I meant when Blofeld was in drag in the film ... I grew up with Nehru shirts, remember? ;)

But I don't want to picture Kerim in either one, actually. Hmm. Now I have to go check out that thread where we share a picture of ourselves ... I don't know what he looks like (or most members, really).
    I meant when Blofeld was in drag in the film ... I grew up with Nehru shirts, remember? ;)

But I don't want to picture Kerim in either one, actually. Hmm. Now I have to go check out that thread where we share a picture of ourselves ... I don't know what he looks like (or most members, really).

I almost rooted that scene out of my mind, but...

...It's back. :-<
    Um, yeah, Nehru jacket, that's it.
    Kerim wrote:
    Um, yeah, Nehru jacket, that's it.

I rather picture you a tux, Kerim.
  • I meant when Blofeld was in drag in the film ... I grew up with Nehru shirts, remember? ;)

I almost rooted that scene out of my mind, but...

...It's back. :-<

Oh. God. I forgot that Blofeld had his Bond girl moments. He looked nice, though. ;)
    I've always loved smokey eyes, too. I do love Vesper, by the way.
    Totally aside from that, I bet you type almost as fast as I do, Regan. :)

Aren't they just the sexiest? (smokey eyes, I mean). As far as Vesper goes, she is just so loveable... and I'm glad you like her 'cause I do identify a lot with her type. I think she's the main reason I love CR so much.

Ooh, I'm a speedy "typist", although my long nails do hinder a bit as of late. I've let them grow so I can rock these 007 manicures :p.
  • Colonel Jacques Bouvar is the bond girl i most resemble. :-)
    Eh? Come again?
  • Eh? Come again?

Colonel Jacques Bouvar is disguised as his widow at his own funeral, its the pre title sequence from Thunderball. Bob simmons plays Colonel Jacques Bouvar.
    Okay, then. :)
  • Was supposed to be a joke, though fell flat :-)
    Should have went with Blofeld in DAF. ;)
    edited December 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Was supposed to be a joke, though fell flat :-)

Not really; I just wasn't catching on that you were a guy a first! My slow uptake to blame. :D
  • Kerim wrote:
    Should have went with Blofeld in DAF. ;)

wrong colour hair lol