Confirmed: 'Skyfall' World Premiere on October 23rd at Royal Albert Hall

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I thinking to try and get tickets for this but am worried by everyone saying its a crap place to watch a film.

Its more important for me to see SF properly the first time than attend the premiere - are the seats the general public likely to be offered really that bad?

Obviously they will be high up and at the side but how big is the screen? I've never been inside the Albert Hall but from watching on telly I would think youd need close to an Imax size screen to give people at the back a good view.

Did anyone go to the DAD premiere there? Was it unwatchable (excuse the pun - I already know DAD is unwatchable!)
  • tqbtqb
    News on the US Premiere?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Um I called up the royal Albert hall and they said that they weren't selling tickets at all to the public.
  • I went to the DAD premiere at the RAH and although I could see the film OK (unfortunately :) ) I was on the side bottom tier and this was the worst view I've ever seen a Bond film on and also the worst sound which is strange as its a sound arena.
    The Premiere is all about the event and the experience rather than the actual film, so you have to ask yourself what is important the 1st time you see it.
    If its to get blown away by the quality of the film then book the earliest availalable IMAX tickets center screen.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Any tips for the premiere newbies, @dchantry?
    Did you get any autographs/photos?
    gt007 wrote:
    Any tips for the premiere newbies, @dchantry?
    Did you get any autographs/photos?

Be there early, Be first row always and defend that, once they bring up the barricades. Use your ellbows, if necessary. After that, its all luck. They may or may not sign, where you stand. Could be, you just see the backs. If you ask me - its still fun and worth it. I only attended Leicester Square, but it sure is an event in itsself and cool people to meet with.
    Don't be at the beginning of the venue - middle or end.
    tqb wrote:
    News on the US Premiere?

No confirmed date yet, as far as I know.

• I used to collect autographs in the premiere brochure, but dont really bother now. As Germanlady said, if you are in London with some time to kill and are going to stand in line get there early and get a good position behind the barriers and then when the stars come through, just call them and ask them to sign something and generally they will do so between the TV interviews. Its also a good place to take photos. I've known DC take peoples camera and take photos of himeslf and others.
    The problem is, that he is pushed through by his agent, like I saw her do often. Why don't they just come a bit earlier and have some time. From what I experienced, he is willing enough but the damn time schedcule. They should work on that. Still, its a great and unique atmosphere and they play music and clips all afternoon and might offer some entertainment.
  • ha ha, yes, I had a run in with his agent at the CR premiere when she almost bundled me over. I did get a nice surprise at the top of the stairs that led down to the Odeon LS as I turned around and DC was standing next to me. 1st impressions count with me, he shook my hand when I said congratulations and he was very very nervous to go down and meet the press and the rest of the formalities.
    Laura is none to fool with. But she has been with him for ever - way before Bond.
  • To be honest, I wasn't trying to fool, I was just in the way and couldn't move and I appreciate she is probably very nice and professional with a job to do and premieres are manic and chaos, but being rude is not a way to do it.
    dchantry wrote:
    To be honest, I wasn't trying to fool, I was just in the way and couldn't move and I appreciate she is probably very nice and professional with a job to do and premieres are manic and chaos, but being rude is not a way to do it.

I agree - rude never does the trick.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,879
    James Bond ‏@007
    Fans in the UK can start booking their tickets for #SKYFALL at the box office from tomorrow!

EDIT: oops, wrong thread. Close enough, though.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Thanks for the tips, @dchantry and @Germanlady! :)
    QBranch wrote:
    James Bond ‏@007
    Fans in the UK can start booking their tickets for #SKYFALL at the box office from tomorrow!

EDIT: oops, wrong thread. Close enough, though.

Hell yes!!! Must sort this out ASAP! <:-P
  • I was at the QoS premiere from very early in the morning and it was such a cold stand that day but I did get Daniel's autograph that evening. He was great, very friendly and came over to us after he spoke to the press. He even had his arm in a sling that night and still signed a lot of autographs. He's a very fan friendly guy! Try and be close to where the stars exit their cars, that's worked for me over the years at lots of premieres.
  • Thanks for the info on the IMAX screenings - booked!
    Sagart wrote:
    I was at the QoS premiere from very early in the morning and it was such a cold stand that day but I did get Daniel's autograph that evening. He was great, very friendly and came over to us after he spoke to the press. He even had his arm in a sling that night and still signed a lot of autographs. He's a very fan friendly guy! Try and be close to where the stars exit their cars, that's worked for me over the years at lots of premieres.

Very jealous! But fairplay to you. Really wish i could get down there for it! But sadly my job is in the way of doing it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm going to keep an eye out for Alamo Drafthouse tickets to go on sale for SF in November. I already have that Thursday - Sunday off, and I plan on getting out of class and going straight there for a (hopeful) midnight premiere and another repeat viewing that weekend.
  • Any tips on going to the premier? Are there only tickets available for the ones on the 26th and later, or can regular people actually buy ones for the 23rd?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Tickets for the Royal Prem at the Royal Albert Hall will be like gold dust I'm afraid
  • Going to try and get tickets, obviously be a nightmare, and odds against getting them! but how do you get in to the hall, surely not the same way as prince, stars and crew?
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited September 2012 Posts: 642
    Just found this; tickets for 23rd. Hope it helps. I cant go sadly, I will be sipping cocktails in the Canaries! :-)

http://londonist.com/2012/09/ticket-alert-the-skyfall-premiere.php

A handful of tickets to the premiere of Skyfall, the new James Bond movie, will go on sale at 9am on Wednesday, 26 September. The premiere takes place at the Royal Albert Hall on 23 October, and tickets will set you back between £50 and £75 (getting Moneypenny to wire you the money probably won’t work).

Alongside watching the film before anybody else, you’ll also get to eye up a bevy of royalty both literal and celluloid at the premiere, including Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem, Judi Dench and Prince Charles.

Buy the tickets from the Royal Albert Hall’s website, or call 020 7589 8212.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I would love to hit London by storm and meet Dan if by some miracle that would happen. It's times like this that I hate being a Yank... :(( The only way for me to get to London while in college is to study abroad (I have thought of doing it), but I don't think they will open up that opportunity in time for the big premiere. Best case scenario they allow it before school is out and I can't still see some Bond related exhibitions and go to the Sherlock museum, but as of now it is just a dream.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Just found this; tickets for 23rd. Hope it helps. I cant go sadly, I will be sipping cocktails in the Canaries! :-)

That's what you call a very decent second best... ;)

• JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    A very limited number of tickets will go on general sale at 9am GMT on Wednesday 26 September.

These tickets will be on the Circle level only and will be priced from £50-£75, plus booking fee.

Demand is likely to be very high for a very limited number of tickets.

<a href="http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/skyfall/default.aspx"; target="_blanK">Click here to book line from 9am GMT on Wednesday 26th September</a>.
    NicNac wrote:
    Tickets for the Royal Prem at the Royal Albert Hall will be like gold dust I'm afraid

Some of us have gold fingers, eh? ;)
  • RC7RC7
    After 25 years of hardcore fandom I have my first world premiere tickets. Ecstatic is an understatement.
    Welcome to the club @RC7 . It's sure going to be a night to remember...