Confirmed: 'Skyfall' World Premiere on October 23rd at Royal Albert Hall

Comments

• robboadam wrote:
    Guys, just so you know, the number next to Q is simply the row number. I know the seating plan makes it seem there are two Q blocks but I have Q5 and there isnt one, but there is obviously a row 5 and seat numbers 43 and 44. Therefore, the higher your seat number, the further away you are from the screen.

This image should explain it a bit better:

http://www.theatremonkey.com/ROYALALBERTHALLbalconyblockQ.htm

'and its fine to join in'.

'You've lost me completely.'
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Its a Partridge quote which DCisared used to castigate someone who had copied his post and passed it off as his original work.

I was just 'joining in' when you reposted the link I had posted a few posts earlier.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    dchantry wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    gt007 wrote:
    @Germanlady, when you say "early"... How early is that? And what time do these things usually start?

10 am..barriers around 1 pm. They start around 6.30 pm, if I remember correctly.

Usually doors open at 1830 and Stars arrive from then until about 1930. Everyone has to be in and seated when the Royal party arrives.
    One negative thing about the RAH, from what I remember from DAD is that unlike Leicester Square where they drop the stars off to walk around the square, meet the press and the fans before going in, they close the road outside off and you cannot get along the barriers without a press pass. Stars get dropped off through the barriers for interviews.
    May have changed in 10 years though.

@dchantry You mean you can't get autographs or photos with the stars?
    I think, you can relax. There is NO way, they are NOT giving autographs etc.
  • Titanic 3D had its premiere at the RAH and the public pens were set out to allow the stars to sign autographs so I don't think it'll be a problem. You just need to get there early.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 2,596
    50 pounds for a movie ticket! What a rip off! I suppose it's for a good cause though so that's something atleast.

Personally, I've never understood the thrill of meeting celebrities and attending film premieres. It's not something I've ever been into. I guess I'm just not that sort of person and also possibly because I've worked in the film/TV industry for a number of years anyway but even at the beginning I'd never understood the fuss and excitement.

Still, to those who like this sort of thing and are going, have a good time! Let us know how it went. :)
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited October 2012 Posts: 642
    Its a Partridge quote which DCisared used to castigate someone who had copied his post and passed it off as his original work.

I was just 'joining in' when you reposted the link I had posted a few posts earlier.

"Castigate", a bit strong surely, we can all contribute without the fear of sarcastic and patronising remarks. You will notice that I use the words "just found this" ( away from the forum I might add) and "hope it helps" hardly an arrogant claim. Incidentally the original posting was in an entirely different thread so apologies for not checking all angles before posting. If I was aware of the other post it would have been credited accordingly.

Enjoy your in jokes but dont play other members for fools.

Sorry to others for breaking up the pace, just wanted to address the so called castigation!:-D
    gt007 wrote:
    dchantry wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    gt007 wrote:
    @Germanlady, when you say "early"... How early is that? And what time do these things usually start?

10 am..barriers around 1 pm. They start around 6.30 pm, if I remember correctly.

Usually doors open at 1830 and Stars arrive from then until about 1930. Everyone has to be in and seated when the Royal party arrives.
    One negative thing about the RAH, from what I remember from DAD is that unlike Leicester Square where they drop the stars off to walk around the square, meet the press and the fans before going in, they close the road outside off and you cannot get along the barriers without a press pass. Stars get dropped off through the barriers for interviews.
    May have changed in 10 years though.

@dchantry You mean you can't get autographs or photos with the stars?

No, not at all, I'm sure that you will be able to get autographs when people pass if they allow you to line up down the road outside the RAH.

What I was saying was that the layout of the RAH means that last time for DAD, they closed the road outside and the only way past was to show a premiere ticket.

If they close the road again and the Limo's dont stop at the entrance then there may be problems.

You may want to check with the RAH what their layout will be outside for the night.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

"Castigate", a bit strong surely, we can all contribute without the fear of sarcastic and patronising remarks. You will notice that I use the words "just found this" ( away from the forum I might add) and "hope it helps" hardly an arrogant claim. Incidentally the original posting was in an entirely different thread so apologies for not checking all angles before posting. If I was aware of the other post it would have been credited accordingly.

Enjoy your in jokes but dont play other members for fools.

Sorry to others for breaking up the pace, just wanted to address the so called castigation!:-D

Well I agree castigate is a bit of a strong word perhaps. Banter is maybe more accurate.

That said plagiarism is a crime.....

Mind you I copied DCisared with the 'joining in' line and he in turn got it from Coogan so we're all guilty I suppose.

Go to the Adele thread if you really want to see it turned up to 11. People just recycling the same links to spurious news stories and tweets over and over.
  • Anyone holding one ticket that I could buy.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Is a guest list going to be announced?

I mean, we know the stars of SKYFALL will be there, but being Bond's 50th anniversary, maybe actors from the previous films will be there too. Do they usually release a guest list or not?
    So, what sort of time is the best to get there to get a good position to get autographs? If that makes sense?
  • Can somebody please tell me where I can buy tickets for the world premiere show. Thanks !
  • RC7RC7
    edited October 2012 Posts: 10,512
    cuddapah wrote:
    Can somebody please tell me where I can buy tickets for the world premiere show. Thanks !

Ebay, if you have a couple of grand to spare.

So what time should I go?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm staying at the Montana hotel which is an 8 minute walk away from TRAH, as I'll be wearing my dinner suit and am not prepared to be galavanting around town from my house to the venue wearing it. When I arrive at the premiere I want to feel fresh.
    doubleoego wrote:
    I'm staying at the Montana hotel which is an 8 minute walk away from TRAH, as I'll be wearing my dinner suit and am not prepared to be galavanting around town from my house to the venue wearing it. When I arrive at the premiere I want to feel fresh.

WOW don't forget to take a pic of yourself and everything else, will you, please?

edited October 2012 Posts: 11,139
    I'll take pics but I'm going to look like a douche taking pictures of myself at the premiere as I'll be going alone :-(
    doubleoego wrote:

WOW don't forget to take a pic of yourself and everything else, will you, please?
    doubleoego wrote:
    I'll take pics but I'm going to look like a douche taking pictures of myself at the premiere as I'll be going alone :-(

;) Who cares? You are lucky, you are going. What else counts? Let somebody else make a nice pic of you with a lovely background. Tell them there are folks waiting for that pic and else...
    Also, do we have to dress up? Is there a particular dress code?
    @Germanlady, I'll do my best.

As for the dress code it's smart clothing I believe but whatever that means I'll be wearing a dinner suit, complete with White braces and cummerbund. Bond style.
  • I may know a premiere ticket coming up for sale. Private message me if interested.
    Premiere is black tie.
  • Please Help anyone after 2 Tickets for my me and my wifes first wedding aniversary can anyone help ( Not silly prices) as we have just had a baby
    If you've just had a baby, where's the baby going to be if both you and your wife intend to attend the premiere?

2 weeks left for the premiere!
  • Baby will be looked after by my parents
  • Doubleogo do yo know anyone?
    Sorry, buddy.
  • Looks like it will have to be the local cinema unless a miracle happens
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,182
    Do you guys think actors from the previous Bond films will be there because of the anniversary?