Confirmed: 'Skyfall' World Premiere on October 23rd at Royal Albert Hall

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Absolutely.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,182
    Should we expect an official guest list announcement?
    As long as there are no Z listers from Big Brother, X Factor or any other reality show for that matter? I will be happy. It should be Bond people past and present, and acting talent....etc.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Not wanting to sound mean spirited @Davo2012 , but you only signed up here to try and get tickets. I think the community will look after their own first.
    gt007 wrote:
    Do you guys think actors from the previous Bond films will be there because of the anniversary?

Yeah i think there will be quite a few Actors from previous Bond films there. Unfortunately Sir Roger Moore wont be there as he is in Basingstoke doing an evening with Sir Rog. Hopefully the other Bond actors will be there but i doubt Sir Sean will make an appearance but it would be cool if he did.
    Sharky wrote:
    gt007 wrote:
    Do you guys think actors from the previous Bond films will be there because of the anniversary?

Yeah i think there will be quite a few Actors from previous Bond films there. Unfortunately Sir Roger Moore wont be there as he is in Basingstoke doing an evening with Sir Rog. Hopefully the other Bond actors will be there but i doubt Sir Sean will make an appearance but it would be cool if he did.

I too just noticed that Sir Roger will be unable to attend! Sad Sad news indeed! :-S
    TRAH are sending the tickets out on Monday 15th and yep, it's a black tie event.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 6
    What is the dress code for girls under 15 attending the premiere ? my daughter is attending.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 224
    doubleoego wrote:
    TRAH are sending the tickets out on Monday 15th and yep, it's a black tie event.

How do you know it's a black tie?

Also, and I know this might sound stupid, but does it have to be black tie? I have a dinner jacket, but it is a bow-tie one and I hate bow-ties. I have a suit as well, but it's more of a work jacket, and not black.

And would there be anywhere close to the RAH that I could change, do you think? Don't wanna be going on the train down to London in a full-blown dinner jacket.

Also, what's the dress code for ladies? Ball dress?
    The royal premieres are always black tie for gents and ball dresses for ladies.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 11,139
    robboadam wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

1616F-1000x1000.jpg

Because, I know things.
    doubleoego wrote:
    robboadam wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

1616F-1000x1000.jpg

Because, I know things.

Yeah, that's okay. Spoke to the Royal Albert Hall a few days ago and they confirmed it for me.
  • Has anyones arrived yet?
    Has anyones arrived yet?

No. Still waiting. Gotta leave for London on Saturday as well, so I'm hoping they come pretty soon.
  • Where are you coming from Robbo? Will the showing be in imax at the Albert Hall do we know?
  • RC7RC7
    Will the showing be in imax at the Albert Hall do we know?

No.
  • How big will the screen be? Will those in the circle be looking down upon the movie happening below?
    Also one quick question for those who have attended these premieres before, what is the atmosphere actually like? Is it as electric as I imagaine?
  • I'm going to the Premiere as well and I'm really curious about what to expect... Never attended one before. Also, at what time should I show up at the RAH? Any chance of getting some autographs?
    Pierce2Daniel - I'm coming from Leicester.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    crisssbit wrote:
    I'm going to the Premiere as well and I'm really curious about what to expect... Never attended one before. Also, at what time should I show up at the RAH? Any chance of getting some autographs?

You are attending the Premiere or just going along to watch the event? I don't think anyone knows the exact timings yet.
    crisssbit wrote:
    I'm going to the Premiere as well and I'm really curious about what to expect... Never attended one before. Also, at what time should I show up at the RAH? Any chance of getting some autographs?

I wouldn't turn up super-early, hoping to get autographs when the cast come. The chances are they will arrive after you have to go inside the RAH, so you'll have wasted a lot of time.
    Not to mention you don't want to be waiting outside, trapped behind the barriers with the common folk in a dinner suit ;-)
  • NicNac wrote:
    crisssbit wrote:

You are attending the Premiere or just going along to watch the event? I don't think anyone knows the exact timings yet.

I'll be attending the Premiere ... and I really do not know what to expect... :D
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 3,144
    Double post sorry.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Tickets will be sent out by the end of this week delay due security also if your tickets do not
    Reach you before the day the box office can reprint if you give them the booking reference and
    Have with you the credit or debit card that was used to make the booking in the first place
    Hope this helps coggins .
    doubleoego wrote:
    Found out yesterday from cbm. I've got my dinner suit ready.

Tom Ford ;-)? I have a Dunhill!
  • Topman :S
    edited October 2012 Posts: 11,139
    So wth is going on with the tickets? The premiere is in less than a week, when should we get them?

N/M just got confirmation tickets are being printed and will be sent out today.
  • Hello everyone,

I've been a James Bond fan for a long time. I am taking advantage of this year's 50th anniversary to fly to London from Canada. I am planning on being on site during the red carpet event at the premiere event though I couldn't get my hands on a ticket for the movie. Since I've never attended an event of this type, I would need information from any of you, 007 fans, who were lucky enough to go to such an event in the past. Here are my questions:

- Should I get there a long time in advance if I want to have a good spot? (How many hours before)
    - Do I have a chance of being photographed with and getting autographs from the actors who will be there?

Moreover, since I really want to see the movie in a theatre, should I book tickets in advance and which theatre would you recommend in the downtown London area?

Thank you very much for your help!!!
    Tickets have arrived!!!!!!!!!

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa!!!!!