Confirmed: 'Skyfall' World Premiere on October 23rd at Royal Albert Hall

Comments

• Got 2 restricted view tickets (not together). Not a sniff of the £75 ones which presumably were in the same block just not restricted.

I'm torn between going for the experience or selling them as I dont want the film ruined the first time I see it by having a barrier blocking the screen and judging from block Q you are almost side on to the screen. Why couldnt they have had it at Leicester Sq? But then with a smaller capacity I suppose there wouldnt have been any available at all to the likes of us.

My other concern is that do we get to walk the red carpet as thats half the fun of going? At Leicester Sq theres no choice but for everyone to use the same entrance but here it strikes me that the front entrance will be for people with proper tickets and those of us in block Q will get shunted round to the side doors.

The missus is away on business so I'll discuss it with her but she might not want to sit apart (you know what birds are) so watch this space folks there may be some going spare.

Mind you £50 for an event like this seems pretty cheap? I paid Graham Rye £200 in 97 for the TND premiere, which at the time I though wasnt unreasonable but I reckon old Graham must've been creaming a bit off the top considering this is the 50th anniversary and yet its a quarter of what it was 15 years ago?
    To be fair though I did have a good view of the screen at least and Pierce walked within 2 feet of me. Dont think Daniel will be caught strolling around in Block Q (restricted view).

I dont think there'll be a pillar or anything in the way. Block Q is still a pretty good view judging by photos taken by people in the same block.
  • The premiere is all about the experience, not watching the film. I've been to every one since LTK and you wouldn't believe some of the places I've had to sit (although the side on view for DAD at the RAH was a blessing :) )
    I always judge the films on second viewing anyway, and it really does come down to what is the most important thing, the experience of the premiere, or seeing the film in its best context first.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited September 2012 Posts: 9,117
    dchantry wrote:
    The premiere is all about the experience, not watching the film. I've been to every one since LTK and you wouldn't believe some of the places I've had to sit (although the side on view for DAD at the RAH was a blessing :) )
    I always judge the films on second viewing anyway, and it really does come down to what is the most important thing, the experience of the premiere, or seeing the film in its best context first.

Yeah thats where I'm torn. Would you say that side on at RAH was pretty much unwatchable as thats where block Q seems to be? For DAD I agree its a right result but I dont really want my first experience of SF to be like that as when I watch it properly all the twists will be ruined already.

Heres a seat plan for all us Q dwellers (sounds like we're all lumped in Q from what people are saying). I've got one in Q1 and one in Q2. Q1 seems more side on to me judging by the curve of the auditorium.

http://www.theatremonkey.com/ROYALALBERTHALLbalconyblockQ.htm

From your knowledge dchantry what to you reckon to Q block?
  • doubleoego wrote:
    I couldn't get a single one. They were all sold out. I'm so devastated right now.

Same happened to me :(
  • Q should be fine. I was in Q for DAD and, yes I was sideways on, but I could see everything perfectly.....unfortunately.
  • Just managed to obtain 4nr £75 tickets for Skyfall Premiere, extatic aint the word! Had my assistant and me poised from 8.45 this morning, lietrally cannot believe it, I feel like i've won the lottery!
  • grunther wrote:
    had no chance but not surprised- should have queued up my computer before I went to bed!
    what tickets did you get @robboadam @Sagart, £50 or 70? which block did you end up in?

I got the £50 tickets, no other ones were offered. The seats are in the front row of Q block. I'm a little concerned by the view we will have but my worries are far outweighed by my delight at actually being there. I wonder what the dress code will be?

• I was able to get a ticket, sadly only just the one. I'm a bit gutted, and slightly deterred to go by myself to see the film. I may flog it. It's one of the £75 tickets and its in W5....I'm torn.
    I was able to get a ticket, sadly only just the one. I'm a bit gutted, and slightly deterred to go by myself to see the film. I may flog it. It's one of the £75 tickets and its in W5....I'm torn.

You won't be alone - you are surrounded by equals and will be able to make "friends" very easy.

• I think I'd rather see the film properly in cinemas then have a dodgy view at the premiere.....
    I think I'd rather see the film properly in cinemas then have a dodgy view at the premiere.....

I think you'll be OK in W5 with a £75 ticket!

Spare a thought for us poor Q block-ers!
  • I think I'd rather see the film properly in cinemas then have a dodgy view at the premiere.....

I think you'll be OK in W5 with a £75 ticket!

Spare a thought for us poor Q block-ers!

haha
    it was the only one they would let me have when I went on the site.
    I really dont think w5 is much better, is it?
  • Any genuine fans want to buy my 2 spare ones? They are seat no's 104 and 105. Genuine enquiries only. Thanks
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 157
    I was out of the waiting room and into the booking ticket page well before 9 but I never got into a 2nd queue. It always said tickets were unavailable everytime I hammered the button.
    @TheWizardOfIce I took a couple of front row seats at the £200 TND premiere as well! neck ache! but a great view of the cast and Sheryl Crow.
    I'm happy enough with my BFI tickets on saturday because it must be quite a distance from the screen at the RAH if your in U or T. although at £50 for the 50th its should be quite an event.
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    I see someone's selling 2 tickets for the premiere on Ebay for £1200.
  • I see someone's selling 2 tickets for the premiere on Ebay for £1200.

That's a lot of money. Fair play if someone is willing to pay that amount of money to watch a movie! I'll settle for a regional charity premiere. BTW well done to my fellow fans that managed to pick up the cheap seat tickets. It will no doubt be a special night catching a glimpse of the stars and I hope you'll be able to share your experience of the evening to the rest of us on here.
    I see someone's selling 2 tickets for the premiere on Ebay for £1200.

Really? If thats the going rate I really might have to consider just flogging them and clearing the credit card bill due at the end of November.
  • Any genuine fans want to buy my 2 spare ones? They are seat no's 104 and 105. Genuine enquiries only. Thanks

I would be interested. How can I contact you?
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    Sagart wrote:
    I wonder what the dress code will be?

You'll be safe in black tie.
  • Congrats to those that managed to buy tickets for the premiere. However - those seats at the Royal Albert Hall look really uncomfortable!...At the moment I am trying to find a cinema here in France (thats not in Paris) that will show the film in English. I hate watching them dubbed! :-(
  • Has anyone actually been to the Albert Hall and can spread some light on how good these seats actually are? specially the W section, or that whole viewing block upstairs. Cheers, Ive never been before and am seriously considering selling my ticket.
  • The RAH is not a cinema (it is however the no 1 classic concert venue in the UK) therefore it will never offer the same cinema experience (except th sould probably), but do you think the Bond people would have actually booked this venue if it wasn't going to be up to scratch to watch it?

I saw DAD from Stalls row M seat 154 and this is similar to row Q upstairs (which will be a better view by virtue of being circle) and the view was fine, just a little strange lokking sideways on.

If you are worried about how comfortable the seats are and where they are, sell them and go to a proper cinema. Stop bitching and be glad you have tickets because there are plenty out there that don't. This event is about the experience, not the quality of the view of the film.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Hi everyone,

I would just like to point out that, whilst touting your ticket isn't illegal, it is frowned upon. So we hope you understand that we at Mi6 would prefer it if this site wasn't used for that purpose.

If you are determined to sell on your ticket to the Royal Premier of Skyfall, we would kindly ask that you find an alternative means of doing so.

I hope you do decide to keep your tickets and enjoy this incredible, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
    dchantry wrote:
    The RAH is not a cinema (it is however the no 1 classic concert venue in the UK) therefore it will never offer the same cinema experience (except th sould probably), but do you think the Bond people would have actually booked this venue if it wasn't going to be up to scratch to watch it?

Well as these are the same people overseeing the feeble Bluray and 007 Legends releases and the still born Bond day, not to mention the Everything or Nothing stitch up for everyone outside the US, my confidence that they know what they are doing is slightly strained to say the least. I'm sure the centre stalls next to Prince Charles give a fantastic view and better sound but do EON really care about those of us up in the gods?

They would sooner sling tickets around like confetti to corporates than give the fans a realistic chance of going. Honestly if I see that woman from work in better seats than me then I might just kick off!!

Lets just pray the one thing they do know about is making films.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Just so as you know the royal Albert hall is a great place to see anything be it music or film
    Seating is quite comfortable and there is a good amount of leg room in most places by my standards and I'm six foot two and quite wide!! I have always found that a trip to the R A H to be
    Verry worth while I doubt that anyone would feel dissatisfied with the accommodation offered .
  • The one thing that gives me confidence about the RAH as a venue for a premiere is the fact that Titanic 3D had its premiere there. As Jim Cameron is notoriously picky about technical issues, I'm sure he wouldn't have allowed the film to be shown in a sub-standard venue.
  • Guys, just so you know, the number next to Q is simply the row number. I know the seating plan makes it seem there are two Q blocks but I have Q5 and there isnt one, but there is obviously a row 5 and seat numbers 43 and 44. Therefore, the higher your seat number, the further away you are from the screen.

This image should explain it a bit better:

robboadam wrote:
    Guys, just so you know, the number next to Q is simply the row number. I know the seating plan makes it seem there are two Q blocks but I have Q5 and there isnt one, but there is obviously a row 5 and seat numbers 43 and 44. Therefore, the higher your seat number, the further away you are from the screen.

'and its fine to join in'.

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    robboadam wrote:
    Guys, just so you know, the number next to Q is simply the row number. I know the seating plan makes it seem there are two Q blocks but I have Q5 and there isnt one, but there is obviously a row 5 and seat numbers 43 and 44. Therefore, the higher your seat number, the further away you are from the screen.

HAHA! CRACKING!
    DCisared wrote:
    robboadam wrote:

HAHA! CRACKING!

Thought you'd appreciate that one old boy!