Confirmed: 'Skyfall' World Premiere on October 23rd at Royal Albert Hall

Comments

• tqbtqb
    @JamesPage, Any news on the US premiere??
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    tqb wrote:
    @JamesPage, Any news on the US premiere??

Nothing so far...
  • RC7RC7
    JamesPage wrote:
    Welcome to the club @RC7 . It's sure going to be a night to remember...

Unless you've got plans (I'm sure you have) we should enjoy a martini together at some point.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    JamesPage wrote:
    NicNac wrote:
    Tickets for the Royal Prem at the Royal Albert Hall will be like gold dust I'm afraid

Some of us have gold fingers, eh? ;)
    Too right

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I would love to hit London by storm and meet Dan if by some miracle that would happen. It's times like this that I hate being a Yank... :(( The only way for me to get to London while in college is to study abroad (I have thought of doing it), but I don't think they will open up that opportunity in time for the big premiere. Best case scenario they allow it before school is out and I can't still see some Bond related exhibitions and go to the Sherlock museum, but as of now it is just a dream.

I had no idea, but apparently, it's possible that I passed Dan and Rachel on the street this weekend when I was in New York City. Shame...
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Just found this; tickets for 23rd. Hope it helps. I cant go sadly, I will be sipping cocktails in the Canaries! :-)

http://londonist.com/2012/09/ticket-alert-the-skyfall-premiere.php

A handful of tickets to the premiere of Skyfall, the new James Bond movie, will go on sale at 9am on Wednesday, 26 September. The premiere takes place at the Royal Albert Hall on 23 October, and tickets will set you back between £50 and £75 (getting Moneypenny to wire you the money probably won’t work).

Alongside watching the film before anybody else, you’ll also get to eye up a bevy of royalty both literal and celluloid at the premiere, including Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem, Judi Dench and Prince Charles.

Buy the tickets from the Royal Albert Hall’s website, or call 020 7589 8212.

Yes I gave the link to this news a lot earlier here http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3635/skyfall-premier-tickets...can-anyone-help#Item_26 so "it's fine to join in"

http://www.filmoria.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Alan-Patridge.jpg

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited September 2012 Posts: 11,139
    Oh snap!! I am so on this!

I need to get my hands on at least 2 tickets!!!

I've got my dinner suit ready an everything!!
  • I'm flying over to London for a couple of days for this premier but don't know whether I should buy tickets to go in or brave the weather and queue outside to see the stars? Any advice from anyone who's been to Bond premier's before?
    OOMatt wrote:
    I'm flying over to London for a couple of days for this premier but don't know whether I should buy tickets to go in or brave the weather and queue outside to see the stars? Any advice from anyone who's been to Bond premier's before?

Go brave the weather. I have done it and it was great. You can watch the film many times over but this is only once. Be there early and enjoy the atmosphere among equally crazy people-.

• Germanlady wrote:
    OOMatt wrote:
    I'm flying over to London for a couple of days for this premier but don't know whether I should buy tickets to go in or brave the weather and queue outside to see the stars? Any advice from anyone who's been to Bond premier's before?

Go brave the weather. I have done it and it was great. You can watch the film many times over but this is only once. Be there early and enjoy the atmosphere among equally crazy people-.
    I'm kind of thinking the same thing. Plus I might even get tickets to the press screening in Dublin so I will still get to see it before general release. Off tomorrow to buy some rain gear!
    Oh how i wish i could get tickets for this! :((
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    St_George wrote:
    Just found this; tickets for 23rd. Hope it helps. I cant go sadly, I will be sipping cocktails in the Canaries! :-)

That's what you call a very decent second best... ;)

Yes, whilst you lot are getting a good view of Skyfall i'll be by the pool getting an Eyefull! ( if you know what I mean?)

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    October Objective: Learn how to tie a bow tie.. I'm good at regular ties, will it help me? ;)

@Monsieur_Aubergine: I get you!
    swedish20knockers.jpg?w=470
    doubleoego wrote:
    Tamahori has made some great films, but whoever decided to put him in charge of a Bond film is an idiot.

Agreed....for once haha!

I actually really like the devil's double.

I think it's safe to assume he/she is the only cross-dresser to ever direct a Bond film!
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 158
    Working on 23rd. Off after that for 8 days. Tix booked for midnight showing on 26th at Odeon Leic Sq. Bring it on...then have to make another trip to see in IMAX. And round it off with another viewing at my local cinema. Probably squeeze in another watch somewhere. Well it is 007 after all. Bond on Bond just arrived. Bond on Set ordered. And soundtrack to come. Am I mad??
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    jerome007 wrote:
    Working on 23rd. Off after that for 8 days. Tix booked for midnight showing on 26th at Odeon Leic Sq. Bring it on...then have to make another trip to see in IMAX. And round it off with another viewing at my local cinema. Probably squeeze in another watch somewhere. Well it is 007 after all. Bond on Bond just arrived. Bond on Set ordered. And soundtrack to come. Am I mad??

No, you are completely normal ;)
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Germanlady wrote:
    OOMatt wrote:

That's what I want to go for. Right now I'm in the process of planning a trip to London for the premiere. Hopefully I'll make it. Fingers crossed!

@Germanlady, when you say "early"... How early is that? And what time do these things usually start?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    JamesPage wrote:
    NicNac wrote:
    Tickets for the Royal Prem at the Royal Albert Hall will be like gold dust I'm afraid

Would it be polite to enquire by what channels you came by your tickets JamesPage?
    DCisared wrote:

"it's fine to join in"

An acerbic bit of Partridge is always nicely welcome DCisared. Wasted on most round here though I fear.

This country.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    JamesPage wrote:
    NicNac wrote:

Would it be polite to enquire by what channels you came by your tickets JamesPage?
    DCisared wrote:

"it's fine to join in"

An acerbic bit of Partridge is always nicely welcome DCisared. Wasted on most round here though I fear.

This country.

"It's political correctness gone mad "

[-(
  • Just got 3 tickets!!! :) I'm still gonna hang around outside from early morning and head in at the last minute.
  • Can't believe it!! Got 2 tickets. Anyone know what time I should be there if I want to be near the front of the crowds?
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Sagart wrote:
    Just got 3 tickets!!! :) I'm still gonna hang around outside from early morning and head in at the last minute.

BTW, the 'last minute' usually means you have to be seated an hour before royal arrival.

• Not to worry, I'll soak in the atmosphere. Daniel arrived long before the Royals at the QoS premiere so we'll see how it pans out.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I couldn't get a single one. They were all sold out. I'm so devastated right now.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I don't believe it mr coggins and his mrs are off to the RAH and my mate Moneypeny & her mum
    Are coming with us see some of you there :D
    gt007 wrote:
    @Germanlady, when you say "early"... How early is that? And what time do these things usually start?

10 am..barriers around 1 pm. They start around 6.30 pm, if I remember correctly.
  • Germanlady wrote:
    gt007 wrote:

10 am..barriers around 1 pm. They start around 6.30 pm, if I remember correctly.

Usually doors open at 1830 and Stars arrive from then until about 1930. Everyone has to be in and seated when the Royal party arrives.
    One negative thing about the RAH, from what I remember from DAD is that unlike Leicester Square where they drop the stars off to walk around the square, meet the press and the fans before going in, they close the road outside off and you cannot get along the barriers without a press pass. Stars get dropped off through the barriers for interviews.
    May have changed in 10 years though.
  • had no chance but not surprised- should have queued up my computer before I went to bed!
    what tickets did you get @robboadam @Sagart, £50 or 70? which block did you end up in?
  • grunther wrote:
    had no chance but not surprised- should have queued up my computer before I went to bed!
    what tickets did you get @robboadam @Sagart, £50 or 70? which block did you end up in?

I got the £50 ones. Block Q5 (even though I can't spot a 5 on the plan). I firstly put 'Best Available' but an alert came up saying that they didnt have any. Luckily I was early enough (8.59am) to go back and try again, this time selecting the 'Limited Viewing' tickets. But looking at the plan they're still pretty amazing tickets!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Got 2 restricted view tickets (not together). Not a sniff of the £75 ones which presumably were in the same block just not restricted.

I'm torn between going for the experience or selling them as I dont want the film ruined the first time I see it by having a barrier blocking the screen and judging from block Q you are almost side on to the screen. Why couldnt they have had it at Leicester Sq? But then with a smaller capacity I suppose there wouldnt have been any available at all to the likes of us.

My other concern is that do we get to walk the red carpet as thats half the fun of going? At Leicester Sq theres no choice but for everyone to use the same entrance but here it strikes me that the front entrance will be for people with proper tickets and those of us in block Q will get shunted round to the side doors.

The missus is away on business so I'll discuss it with her but she might not want to sit apart (you know what birds are) so watch this space folks there may be some going spare.

Mind you £50 for an event like this seems pretty cheap? I paid Graham Rye £200 in 97 for the TND premiere, which at the time I though wasnt unreasonable but I reckon old Graham must've been creaming a bit off the top considering this is the 50th anniversary and yet its a quarter of what it was 15 years ago?
    To be fair though I did have a good view of the screen at least and Pierce walked within 2 feet of me. Dont think Daniel will be caught strolling around in Block Q (restricted view).