Confirmed: 'Skyfall' World Premiere on October 23rd at Royal Albert Hall

Comments

• edited October 2012 Posts: 2
    doubleoego wrote:
    Tickets have arrived!!!!!!!!!

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Glad your tickets arrived safely :)

Did you buy your tickets from the royal albert hall website?

If so does the status of your tickets still say " Printed on 17/10/2012 1:51PM ready for posting"?
  • Sweet! Cant wait to get home.

btw, was anyone else only lucky enought ot get one ticket? Who else is going on their lonesome?
  • Never mind :) Tickets arrived woop
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,182
    I'm going to the premiere! :D

Not attending the actual premiere, just enjoying the outside fan, hoping to get some autographs! I'll be there in the morning.

Does anyone have any tips? For example, what time should I be there, or what's the best spot to stand to get an autograph?

Hello everyone,

I've been a James Bond fan for a long time. I am taking advantage of this year's 50th anniversary to fly to London from Canada. I am planning on being on site during the red carpet event at the premiere event though I couldn't get my hands on a ticket for the movie. Since I've never attended an event of this type, I would need information from any of you, 007 fans, who were lucky enough to go to such an event in the past. Here are my questions:

- Should I get there a long time in advance if I want to have a good spot? (How many hours before)
    - Do I have a chance of being photographed with and getting autographs from the actors who will be there?

Moreover, since I really want to see the movie in a theatre, should I book tickets in advance and which theatre would you recommend in the downtown London area?

Thank you very much for your help!!!

I think, the best is to read through this thread. All the info you need is embedded in here.
  • RC7RC7
    35e49e22193211e2b44322000a1f92df_6.jpg

Bring it on.
    Hello, new here :)
    RC7 wrote:
    35e49e22193211e2b44322000a1f92df_6.jpg

Bring it on.

Is that a programme as well?

• gt007gt007 Station G
    Is it all over when everyone gets inside and the film starts? Or are there any events afterwards?
  • RC7RC7
    No, it just gives minor details including arrival time etc. It's just a card wallet for the tickets.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,347
    gt007 wrote:
    Is it all over when everyone gets inside and the film starts? Or are there any events afterwards?
    How long are you in London for gt? Would be nice to meet-up some time mate! I'm leaving for London on Saturday and staying for a whole week.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    gt007 wrote:
    How long are you in London for gt? Would be nice to meet-up some time mate! I'm leaving for London on Saturday and staying for a whole week.

Check your PMs, @DiscoVolante. ;)
  • Thank you Germanlady!!!
  • stressing stressing, got my tickets can someone tell me if black tie dress code is a must?? taking my son and hubbie if they don't wear black suits will we be turned away?
    Must admit I'm disapointed in the actual tickets. I've been attending Premieres since the 80's and historically the tickets have been a nice little collectable (like the actual Wallet) that sometimes I've been lucky to get Signed by the Bond actor on the night.
    I see that they are even cutting costs on these now as they send 1 wallet with however number tickets you have and the tickets are standard fare

Excited for the Premiere but a little underwhelmed about the actual tickets. Even the press shows get nice little collectables and they were free.
    amandac72 wrote:
    stressing stressing, got my tickets can someone tell me if black tie dress code is a must?? taking my son and hubbie if they don't wear black suits will we be turned away?

98% of the people there will either have Black Tie, or party dress.
    Anything else just isn't Bond (and probably some crappy x factor boy band)

• dchantry wrote:
    amandac72 wrote:
    stressing stressing, got my tickets can someone tell me if black tie dress code is a must?? taking my son and hubbie if they don't wear black suits will we be turned away?

98% of the people there will either have Black Tie, or party dress.
    Anything else just isn't Bond (and probably some crappy x factor boy band)

will have to start shopping! exciting....

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I don't want to get back reading all the other pages, so i'll re-ask here, how much does the tickets to the premiere costs?
  • X3MSonicX wrote:
    I don't want to get back reading all the other pages, so i'll re-ask here, how much does the tickets to the premiere costs?

£50 but they were for seats up in the air!!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,635
    amandac72 wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

£50 but they were for seats up in the air!!

Wow, it's not that expensive. In Dollars that would be US$65.

Thanks for the information. ;)
  • range between 50-70. They are in the circle which is at the top. I phoned up the RAH and asked about the tickets and they said they are very good for watching films as people down below have to look up to see the huge screen while those in the circle look down which is said to be more comfortable.
  • RC7RC7
    dchantry wrote:
    Must admit I'm disapointed in the actual tickets. I've been attending Premieres since the 80's and historically the tickets have been a nice little collectable (like the actual Wallet) that sometimes I've been lucky to get Signed by the Bond actor on the night.
    I see that they are even cutting costs on these now as they send 1 wallet with however number tickets you have and the tickets are standard fare

Excited for the Premiere but a little underwhelmed about the actual tickets. Even the press shows get nice little collectables and they were free.

As someone who's waited 25 years to get to a premiere I honestly couldn't give two sh*ts, I'm just grateful to be going. Think of all the fans who won't be going. They don't have the luxury of complaining about such frivolities.
  • RC7 wrote:
    dchantry wrote:

As someone who's waited 25 years to get to a premiere I honestly couldn't give two sh*ts, I'm just grateful to be going. Think of all the fans who won't be going. They don't have the luxury of complaining about such frivolities.

me too! my son is soooo excited to be going, I never told him I had the tickets until I received them yesterday! cannot wait :-)
    RC7 wrote:
    dchantry wrote:

As I said, it was just my small disapointment after going to the last 8, but thats a small gripe.

BTW, enjoy the Premiere.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2012 Posts: 11,139
    Anyone in circle Q, row 5?
    doubleoego wrote:

Indeed I am! Seats 43 and 44.
  • doubleoego wrote:

i was in Q7 but they rang and moved us to circle R row 5......
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2012 Posts: 11,139
    I'm in seat 35

amandac72, did they move you to better seats?
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    amandac72 wrote:
    Check for a pm.
  • Does black tie mean black bowtie? Can you wear a normal black tie?