Rambo: Last Blood (September 20, 2019)

18910111214»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It had a couple of entertaining moments but took way too long to get going and essentially all of the best bits were in the trailers, leaving virtually no surprises. Its predecessor entry was leagues better in every sense of the word, in my opinion.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Its predecessor entry was leagues better in every sense of the word, in my opinion.

It's my opinon too.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Agreed. The fourth Rambo is the best overall sequel by quite a margin, too.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Let's hope he has now finally retired "Rambo".

Any news on Expendables IV? :-?
    Only this:
    https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/01/29/the-expendables-spin-off/
    Nothing new so far.

Maybe it's not exactly part IV but it's still a part of "the Expendables" franchise.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 300
    Nice.
    I wonder now if they'll turn this spin-off into part IV or they'll do both movies.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2022 Posts: 23,265
    Kirk Douglas fury: Star quit Rambo franchise amid snub that saw his scenes cut
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/movies/kirk-douglas-fury-star-quit-rambo-franchise-amid-snub-that-saw-his-scenes-cut/ar-AAZdtvU?cvid=bd413ca3c62643f0b7777cfac46dfa25&ocid=winp2sv1plus

Crenna was great though I would have loved to see Kirk Douglas in the role.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I found RAMBO reasonably compelling, and I thought it was a fitting end to the franchise. Last Blood is a cow too milked.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I liked certain aspects of Last Blood and it certainly did not pull any punches. My biggest issue with it is the direction it made the film look cheap, Sly should have directed the film.
    'Last Blood' was awful, as far removed from the original as you can get. 'First Blood' has just been rereleased in the cinema, I still regard it as one of the very best thrillers. I knew that Douglas was originally up for Crennas role, think he would have been great, but he probably would have upstaged Sly!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I found RAMBO reasonably compelling, and I thought it was a fitting end to the franchise. Last Blood is a cow too milked.
    I liked certain aspects of Last Blood and it certainly did not pull any punches. My biggest issue with it is the direction it made the film look cheap, Sly should have directed the film.

I agree 100% Rambo (2008) is a really good film and would have made a great conclusion of Rambo’s story.

I was excited about Last Blood; on the surface it was a good story but what ended up on the screen was a generic, cheep looking action film that did no justice to the character. In fact it didn’t even seem like Rambo; too often it was Stallone on screen not John Rambo.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I enjoyed Last Blood but I think the 2008 film rounded off the character's story well enough - he needed to go home to find real peace, and that's what he did.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The excellent 2008 installment should've been a wrap for the series. Last Blood was horrible.