Rambo: Last Blood (September 20, 2019)

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    With Rambo back in the USA, what are the chances of him having a chance encounter with Brian Dennehy? Perhaps a tense moment as they each realize who’s in front of them, but Rambo shakes his hand. I’m thinking only because it’ll be the last movie, and Rambo is at peace

Then again, this could be him when he recognizes Rambo ;)

ptacab.gif

- Rambo, where is your home?
    - I... I don't have a home. Marie's been dead for eight years.
    - That's it, you're under arrest for vagrancy!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    talos7 wrote: »
    I know that the story line is set , but what if it had been Dennehy’s granddaughter who had been abducted, and he sought or Rambo to find her? What a moment that could have been.
    If they keep Rambo alive, maybe have him head back to the town from the first movie, where Dennehy's still sheriff, let them have a nice beer together.
    I'd love to see this.

I agree. What an amazing idea!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    a333bc8a670fd2f977ceb888ed4603e1.jpg

I would welcome a Richard Crenna reference, even if it's just Rambo looking through old military photo's.
  • mattjoes wrote: »
    With Rambo back in the USA, what are the chances of him having a chance encounter with Brian Dennehy? Perhaps a tense moment as they each realize who’s in front of them, but Rambo shakes his hand. I’m thinking only because it’ll be the last movie, and Rambo is at peace

Then again, this could be him when he recognizes Rambo ;)

ptacab.gif

- Rambo, where is your home?
    - I... I don't have a home. Marie's been dead for eight years.
    - That's it, you're under arrest for vagrancy!

Followed by:
    DazzlingOblongGreatargus-small.gif
    Stumbled across this.....

Very cool.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Very cool video.
    Fascinating thought About "my war was better than yours"! I think now I have to watch First Blood again.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,267
    patb wrote: »
    Stumbled across this.....

I enjoyed that, Goldsmith's music is phenomenal.

I have annual leave on Friday I think I am going to have to rewatch the four movies.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

• I hope in this shot he has his hair tied back.

maxresdefault.jpg

Without the long hair, it just looks like Stallone :))

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd hate to be on the receiving end of this:

Creasy47 wrote: »

I used to have one of these...

Rambo-First-Blood-II-Hunting-Knife.jpg

That new knife looks more lethal.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Receiving end of what? The thick forearm across the throat? Or the blade? Not sure I like those choices @Creasy47 ...
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited October 2018 Posts: 6,716

I know, Stallone's been having some stomach problems.

---

I'm not much of a Rambo fan, really, but I'm kind of interested in this film. I support Rambo meeting Teasle again.

I still have one that's reminiscent of it...
    RBfsaMr.jpg
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,267
    chrisisall wrote: »

I still have one that's reminiscent of it...
    RBfsaMr.jpg

Nice knife its in great condition.

Mine had the compass on the end of the handle and the survival kit.
    @chrisisall, that´s a nice composition there with the mobile and the tv remote.... ;-)

I had one of those back in the 80's, but one year I used it to chop apart a Christmas tree & the handle bent!! So after that I chose full tang.

I had one of those back in the 80's, but one year I used it to chop apart a Christmas tree & the handle bent!! So after that I chose full tang.

The 80's was a different time for sure I lived in the countryside. We made tree houses and go karts amongst other things, Rambo knife came in handy with the tree houses and cutting down reeds and bushes for tree house or base camouflage, those were the days lol
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I really hope David Morrell novelizes this one. He skipped the previous one.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I really hope David Morrell novelizes this one. He skipped the previous one.

His reasoning was that the last one captured the feel of the character of Rambo more than 2 or 3, and thus didn't need a novelization. If this next movie is more in line, Morrell will likely skip out again.

The 80's was a different time for sure I lived in the countryside. We made tree houses and go karts amongst other things, Rambo knife came in handy with the tree houses and cutting down reeds and bushes for tree house or base camouflage, those were the days lol

"Da goot olt days..." - Arnold S
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    This is an interesting read concerning what could have been.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/rambo-5-was-going-to-be-quite-different/
    Would be fascinating if Morrell was commissioned/allowed to write a novel from the stuff he and Stallone came up with.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 4,599
    The idea that First Blood is a modern Western is spot on but it uses the backdrop of Rambo's war record to explain his mental state.

I can imagine a great Western loosely based on the same plotline. We are overdue for a classic Western. The themes of a gunfighter trying to leave his past behind and an insular town trying to become civilised and loosing its moral backbone have been done before (Open Range for example ) but always room for another Western IMHO.

How about a native American who had escaped the Massacre at Wounded Knee? That could explain his "shellshock/internal anger" and the town's bigotry? (sorry for thread drift)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    7-C08-A9-AE-1899-4-CFC-BF7-E-58-D6-DACF5763.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Rambo, Texas Ranger
    I hear it loud and clear. A Deep drawl. "I´m sorry I can´t help you. I´m just a horse farmer, I have Nothing to do with those Things. Go home kid."
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited November 2018 Posts: 7,962
    Over at a Stallone site, when some were getting antsy because he didn’t look like Rambo, his hair was not long, no bandanna, not in combat gear, etc., I said look, the character of John Rambo was not born a warrior; chances , from a very young age, his father had him working the family farm . Until he was around his early 20s he was a rancher; had life gone differently, he probably would have been a rancher for his entire life.
    But Vietnam came and the rancher was molded into the ultimate warrior. When this film begins Rambo has found some peace and is again a rancher until he is confronted with the evil of human trafficking that touches someone he loves. Once again, the warrior will rise.
  • Rambo, Texas Ranger
    In the eyes of the ranger, the unsuspecting stranger, had better know the truth of wrong from right...