Rambo: Last Blood (September 20, 2019)

Comments

The tone of these still shots is spot on IMHO plus that fact that these are the ones selected in advance for us fans. They are giving us a very clear message and managing our expectations. This will be a very different Rambo movie - bring it on :-)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Oh yes!
    As Clint did in Unforgiven, following the murder of Morgan Freeman’s character, I think there will be a moment where the warrior side of Rambo re-emerges and the audience will go crazy.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 4,599
    The next challenge will be some killer one liners that will sum up the themes of the movie and Rambo's tipping point where he has to go back to violence.....if done sensitively, this could be Stalones' Unforgiven.

• UNFORGIVEN is a fine enough film but I find it a bit ponderous and drawn out (maybe even a bit pretentious) compared to Clint’s earlier Westerns. Give me his Spaghetti Westerns, High Plains Drifter, The Outlaw Josey Wales, and Pale Rider any day over UNFORGIVEN.
    edited November 2018 Posts: 7,891
    UNFORGIVEN is a fine enough film but I find it a bit ponderous and drawn out (maybe even a bit pretentious) compared to Clint’s earlier Westerns. Give me his Spaghetti Westerns, High Plains Drifter, The Outlaw Josey Wales, and Pale Rider any day over UNFORGIVEN.

I don’t agree with your take on Unforgiven, but when this Rambo is compared to that film, it doesn’t mean that it’s going to be a carbon copy of pacing or style. I think what is appealing is the old warrior digging deep and one last time returning to action for a just cause .

• talos7 wrote: »
    UNFORGIVEN is a fine enough film but I find it a bit ponderous and drawn out (maybe even a bit pretentious) compared to Clint’s earlier Westerns. Give me his Spaghetti Westerns, High Plains Drifter, The Outlaw Josey Wales, and Pale Rider any day over UNFORGIVEN.

I don’t agree with your take on Unforgiven, but when this Rambo is compared to that film, it doesn’t mean that it’s going to be a carbon copy of pacing or style. I think what is appealing is the old warrior digging deep and one last time returning to action for a just cause .
    Oh I understand that RAMBO won’t be slow and ponderous like UNFORGIVEN. I was just sharing my thoughts on the latter. I know that Clint made the film as sort of a love letter to the classic Westerns of his youth, but it just lacks that cool factor and edge of those earlier films that it’s emulating and that made him a superstar. The film just feels more like Oscar bait and of course it got it. I can’t complain too much though because I love Clint and it’s certainly more deserving of an Oscar than so many other films that have won since. LA-LA LAND anyone?
    uOhotjI.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    talos7 wrote: »
    uOhotjI.jpg

Great photo
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The gloves are off.
    And the knife is on :-).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Stallone announced on his Instagram that Rambo 5 has wrapped up filming.
    Was that a cut or a stab ;-)?
  • Stallone announced on his Instagram that Rambo 5 has wrapped up filming.

Nice :)
  • Look at this set picture! :D
    Good and bloody

47571472_1502753899856491_7518181780239679488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fphl2-4.fna&oh=d0d20e1d6561134dfebfb2458927c598&oe=5CADDB7D
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    :))
    That's how i like it.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 5,185

"Death is coming your way, and there’s nothing in this world you can do to stop it... “ Rambo said calmly to the gang of killers . #rambo5
  • peterpeter Toronto
    00Agent wrote: »

"Death is coming your way, and there’s nothing in this world you can do to stop it... “ Rambo said calmly to the gang of killers . #rambo5

ok. Sold.
  • Why does Rambo always kill? Doesn’t he know that violence is not the answer? :(

Why can’t he and his adversaries sit down and have a civilized conversation?
  • That would be an exciting movie :))
    Why does Rambo always kill? Doesn’t he know that violence is not the answer? :(

Why can’t he and his adversaries sit down and have a civilized conversation?

Well, for one Rambo is a bit of an introvert. He really doesn't like talking all that much.
    "My Dinner With Rambo. "
  • 00Agent wrote: »

Bow and knife. John Rambo favourite tools :)
  • That would be an exciting movie :))
    Nothing can beat a Jerry Goldsmith synthesized score playing while Rambo and his adversaries are sitting across from each other and sharing their feelings.

https://youtu.be/j4SabgWccZ8

“... A man is remembered for what he has done, BUT, remembered even more for what he could’ve done, but never did... “ Rambo quietly said to her.

It seems our guesses were correct in that we have a character (like many Westerns) who had found "peace, love, belonging, family"...for it to be taken away. Can't wait.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,686
    I always enjoy seeing Stallone in interviews or videos like this, he seems to have a heart of gold. His energy, passion and charisma are very communicative.
    patb wrote: »

It seems our guesses were correct in that we have a character (like many Westerns) who had found "peace, love, belonging, family"...for it to be taken away. Can't wait.
    That sounds bloody amazing! I am very much Looking Forward to seeing it!

• Rambo, why can’t we all just get along??
    Rambo, why can’t we all just get along??

L' enfer c'est les autres, mon amie ;)