Rambo: Last Blood (September 20, 2019)

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited October 2018 Posts: 7,953
    According to Screen Daily, the synopsis is as follows: “[Rambo] finds him[self] living in a ranch in Arizona, deeply troubled and wrestling with PTSD as he picks up casual work wherever he can.

“When long-time family friend and estate manager Maria informs Rambo that her granddaughter has gone missing after crossing into Mexico for a party, he sets off with her to find the youngster.

“What ensues is a violent descent into hell as Rambo uncovers a sex-trafficking ring.

“He teams up with a journalist whose half-sister has also been kidnapped and must deploy all his skills to save the girls and bring down a vicious crime lord.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Sounds stellar of a plot!
    Rambo 5 is one to look out for based upon the synopsis, the photo's do give a different western flavor than the previous movies gave. Stallone does give decent actioners in this time of his live so I look forward to this release. Not sure if it is something I will see in cinema, bluray might be the preferred choice of watching.
    First official look at Rambo 5:

tc0uo4kc5up11.jpg

He looks like Johnny Cash! Lol!
    talos7 wrote: »
    According to Screen Daily, the synopsis is as follows: “[Rambo] finds him[self] living in a ranch in Arizona, deeply troubled and wrestling with PTSD as he picks up casual work wherever he can.

“When long-time family friend and estate manager Maria informs Rambo that her granddaughter has gone missing after crossing into Mexico for a party, he sets off with her to find the youngster.

“What ensues is a violent descent into hell as Rambo uncovers a sex-trafficking ring.

“He teams up with a journalist whose half-sister has also been kidnapped and must deploy all his skills to save the girls and bring down a vicious crime lord.

Ok, in that case Rambo dying at the end might indeed be Fitting closure.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 4,813
    New image- semi long hair. I'll take it!

43665170_294637017931475_7859416373561131008_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&oh=8d77472c247eb6f0834f78589c715867&oe=5C5D8C4D

(edit) I believe that's his old green Army jacket (not sure because of the lighting) and I'm pretty sure that's his original knife!
    I love this shot!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm seeing a big machete off to the top right too, hanging up against the wall.
    You sure are.
    New image- semi long hair. I'll take it!

43665170_294637017931475_7859416373561131008_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&oh=8d77472c247eb6f0834f78589c715867&oe=5C5D8C4D

(edit) I believe that's his old green Army jacket (not sure because of the lighting) and I'm pretty sure that's his original knife!
    And it for sure is that old Rambo look on his face! Whoa I´m getting excited!

• edited October 2018 Posts: 4,599
    In the rifle rack, M16 plus Winchesters, so many references. Love the lighting. Photos look interesting. Thumbs up so far
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Awesome photo can't wait.
  • Watching Rambo (4) right now and getting psyched for V.
    Stallone truly is a living legend
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 5,185
    Must be Tom Hardy's spanish twinbrother

sergio-peris-mencheta-603536.jpg
  • Today’s new Rambo V picture! I’m 99% sure they used Rocky II’s poster to photoshop that image of young Rambo :))

43753414_10101827641084791_7637119444824621056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&oh=537abac60ec6982e7499757bd94a0eb9&oe=5C6026AB43851637_10101827641094771_2813719060854865920_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&oh=d37f8f3416fd8684b1e396ab6f66aec8&oe=5C4CB16A
    The presence of the photos is interesting as it shows a man at peace with his past rather than someone trying to fight it. Another clue that we are dealing with a character who has settled down.
    patb wrote: »
    The presence of the photos is interesting as it shows a man at peace with his past rather than someone trying to fight it. Another clue that we are dealing with a character who has settled down.

Yes, which will make his decision to summon the warrior both exhilarating and painful.

• With Rambo back in the USA, what are the chances of him having a chance encounter with Brian Dennehy? Perhaps a tense moment as they each realize who’s in front of them, but Rambo shakes his hand. I’m thinking only because it’ll be the last movie, and Rambo is at peace
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    With Rambo back in the USA, what are the chances of him having a chance encounter with Brian Dennehy? Perhaps a tense moment as they each realize who’s in front of them, but Rambo shakes his hand. I’m thinking only because it’ll be the last movie, and Rambo is at peace

Oh that would be TOO COOL!! He's alive (80 years old). THAT would make the film for me!
    +1
    chrisisall wrote: »
    With Rambo back in the USA, what are the chances of him having a chance encounter with Brian Dennehy? Perhaps a tense moment as they each realize who’s in front of them, but Rambo shakes his hand. I’m thinking only because it’ll be the last movie, and Rambo is at peace

Oh that would be TOO COOL!! He's alive (80 years old). THAT would make the film for me!

I also had to look up whether or not Dennehy was still alive and kicking.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Dennehy return would be amusing though probably would break the forth wall and I can't see this film having tonal disruptions.
    I know that the story line is set , but what if it had been Dennehy’s granddaughter who had been abducted, and he sought or Rambo to find her? What a moment that could have been.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited October 2018 Posts: 7,854
    I know that the story line is set , but what if it had been Dennehy’s granddaughter who had been abducted, and he sought or Rambo to find her? What a moment that could have been.

If they keep Rambo alive, maybe have him head back to the town from the first movie, where Dennehy's still sheriff, let them have a nice beer together.

John would save any innocent for sure, all animosity would (and probably already has dissipated) be secondary toward Will Teasle.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    If they keep Rambo alive, maybe have him head back to the town from the first movie, where Dennehy's still sheriff, let them have a nice beer together.
    I'd love to see this.
    Fan fiction aside this should be a great movie
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Getting really excited about this movie. Stallone puts out an awesome list of usually past-prime pictures. Loved „Rocky Balboa“, liked „John Rambo“ and Expendables 1+2 were great fun.

Can‘t wait to see this movie
  • With Rambo back in the USA, what are the chances of him having a chance encounter with Brian Dennehy? Perhaps a tense moment as they each realize who’s in front of them, but Rambo shakes his hand. I’m thinking only because it’ll be the last movie, and Rambo is at peace

Then again, this could be him when he recognizes Rambo ;)

ptacab.gif