It's Carnival Time! - The WORLD CUP FINALS 2014.

Comments

Sammm04 wrote:
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Sammm04 wrote:
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    My tip is a solid 2:1 for the Netherlands. I just can't see how van
    Persie and Robben (especially the latter) should not score.

You're looking good right now Matt Helm.

Still 35 minutes to go however.

Yeah, you're right, the Dutch might score again! They look good for it.

Just as you said (even though this one was debatable too)!
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 479
    This is the best possible start for Holland. if they win this group, they really could go far, and we could see Spain VS Brazil in the round of 16! NOW THIS IS A GREAT GAME!
    Why couldn't we have had this game as the Final four years ago?

Spain in deep trouble. I quite fancy Chile to do them over as well.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 7,653
    flipping heck I did not expect this.

I guess we will now see some serious Spanish annoying actions.
    No one expects the Spanish capitulation!
    Spain have gone to pieces!
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 7,653
    F&CK ME I am totally surprised.

1-4 for the Dutch seems like an impossibilty
    This is now the weirdest match (but also one of the most entertaining) I have ever watched.
    Why do the defending champions seem to collapse in the next tournament? France in 2002, Italy in 2010 and so far Spain in 2014!
  • And after Mexico - Cameroon and even probably Brazil - Croatia, this will be another case in which the referee mistakes won't change the result... See, it's not that important to break the momentum with video calls :) Seeing the loosing team rushing everywhere in the last 15 minutes of nons-stop action is what makes football so special...

I disagree on the Brazil/Croatia match. The referee's decisions easily affected the outcome of that game.
    FIVE!!!
    Oh my god! never have world champions been demolished like this.
    I disagree on the Brazil/Croatia match. The referee's decisions easily affected the outcome of that game.

And if Mexico does not go the next round on goal difference we know how the referee makes a difference.

Jezus christ what the hell are the dutch doing tonight.

I think this is what you call revenge.
    SaintMark wrote:

And if Mexico does not go the next round on goal difference we know how the referee makes a difference.

Jezus christ what the hell are the dutch doing tonight.

I hope England have some of whatever they've had tomorrow. ;-)
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 479
    Vlaar has been absolutely awesome tonight. The funny thing is, that Holland should be winning about 8-1
  • Show me another sport where once the team result is decided, you can still watch individuals doing their best :)
    You can tell that the Dutch team want to embarrass Spain, even more than they have already done so. The world cup means that much to the Dutch.
  • Three matches in and already a legendary one, and some still wonder why Football World Cup is so popular ? :)
    R.I.P. tika taka. Torres miss sums up Spain.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Torres = =))

@ggl007 hasn't been on here tonight. I wonder why that is... ;-)
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 2,015
    *Before* the match, they showed on French TV a Spanish expert explaining on some Spanish TV that the Spanish team had their HQ and did all their training in a place where it was 5°C cold, and they had to play their first match at a place where it was 30°C hot, he said it was Spanish first mistake, they would be outplayed. I think he may be popular in Spain soon :)
  • RC7RC7
    Wow. The Dutch kick started Brazil 2014. Fantastic. If RVP and Van Gaal can work similar wonders for my team next season I'm going to be a happy man.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Epic, Holland, epic!
    What a result
  • RC7, btw, the third Dutch goal may be a referee mistake too :) [charge on the goalkeeper]
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I was watching a football match. A very weird one, by the way... :O X_X

"You can't win them all" That's sport. It's really curious if you remember what Netherlands did in the last Euro... and what Spain did in its first match of SouthAfrica'10

;)
    ggl007 wrote:
    I was watching a football match. A very weird one, by the way... :O X_X

"You can't win them all" That's sport. It's really curious if you remember what Netherlands did in the last Euro... and what Spain did in its first match of SouthAfrica'10

;)

Fair play for you to come on here after that spanking. :-)
    It's not just the defeat, it's the manner of it tonight though. A complete capitulation. They could be in big trouble getting out their group.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,350
    I'm sure this has already been discussed but what do people think of England's chances? Do you, like some, really believe they may not make it out of the group?
This discussion has been closed.