It's Carnival Time! - The WORLD CUP FINALS 2014.

Comments

• edited June 2014 Posts: 7,653
    Blatter has done the game such a disservice under his leadership and with the help of the third world countries he undoubtedly will be re-elected. I wish the European football nations would state en mass that they will no longer be part of the FIFA if Blatter does not step down, yesterday preferably.

The man gives the word corrupt a bad reputation.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    SaintMark wrote:
    The man gives the word corrupt a bad reputation.

:)) :)) :))
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Jaws Vs Bond on the cable car from Moonraker has just been mentioned on ITVs coverage of the opening ceremony.
    Jaws Vs Bond on the cable car from Moonraker has just been mentioned on ITVs coverage of the opening ceremony.

Just watched that, let football mania begin.
    Sum up that Opening Ceremony in 3 words:
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 2,782
    Deleted by NicNac

Juvenile and unnecessarey
    Blonde, blue, legs.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Worst song ever!

Seriously, I honestly thought they would deliver an amazing opening ceremony but it was lackluster. However that song was nothing short of shameful. With a country full of amazing musicians they got those 3 creatures to make that so-called "song"? And the clothes, good lord 8-}
    Prediction for Brazil vs Croatia.

Brazil 2 - 1 Croatia.
    I'm actually predicting an upset here. 1-0 Croatia. It's going to happen a couple of times in the tournament.
    Yes I'm thinking Croatia could spoil the party tonight as well.

I hate ITV Sport. Their coverage is just terrible.
    Yes I'm thinking Croatia could spoil the party tonight as well.

I hate ITV Sport. Their coverage is just terrible.

Yeah, if one team in Group A is capable, it's Croatia, they have a really good lineup.

Mine and @Sammm04's prediction looking good so far. ;-)

Certainly a good way to open the World Cup, but not for Brazil.

• TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Anyone know if any previous World Cup has started with an own goal? Have Brazil just set an embarrassing record?
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Sammm04 wrote:

We were told that this Brazil team are stronger in defence than attack. Not on this showing!
    Tokoloshe wrote:
    Anyone know if any previous World Cup has started with an own goal? Have Brazil just set an embarrassing record?

I think that's the first.
    Sammm04 wrote:

We were told that this Brazil team are stronger in defence than attack. Not on this showing!
    Tokoloshe wrote:

I think that's the first.

Yeah, I saw a Gary Lineker interview with Pele, and Pele said that for the first time ever Brazil were stronger on defence than attack, shows that even the great man can be wrong. But still, early days.
    Tokoloshe wrote:

East Germany had an own goal scored for them on the first day of the 1974 World Cup, against Australia I think, I'm not sure whether it was the first match though, that's the closest I can think of.

This is a great game to start the tournament that's for sure.
    Brazil level again. Neymar with a scuffed effort.
    Yeah, it was a bit lucky, but the best players sometimes have to have lady luck on their side.

You won't find many worse penalty decisions than that one in this tournament. The referee's had a shocker there.
  • dirty cheating Brazilian players - scum
    dirty cheating Brazilian players - scum

I would've been a bit more diplomatic than that. ;-)
    Yeah, that is shameful to dive like that. Have robbed Croatia of at least a point.
    Very disappointed to see Brazil buy a soft penalty like that! Especially with the talent they have! :-q
    And now Croatia have a perfectly good goal disallowed. They're gonna be extremely angry at the final whistle.
  • the fix is in....a brazilian win stops the riots in the streets....scum rises to the top
    3-1 Brazil. Leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.
    That 3rd goal is why they don't need to resort to diving!
This discussion has been closed.