It's Carnival Time! - The WORLD CUP FINALS 2014.

Comments

• edited June 2014 Posts: 6,396
    delete.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    delete this thread.

Why?
    So it is 1-0 for Costa Rica at half time. :D
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 7,500
    I can't believe Balotelli gets to finish this match. He's been awful! And Seria A's topscorer sits on the bench, unused...

With Balo, you know he either has a good or a bad day. Today he is more likely to get sent off than provide any decisive goal. If he is not performing, get him out!
    At this rate, Costa Rica are going through. Unbelievable!

It makes the Italy vs Uruguay a very tasty match next week. Either Suarez or Balotelli will be going home early. (I'm sure there'll be some spare seats on the England plane). ;-)
    Costa Rica likely to top the group, great world cup story. This group was labelled the group of death, more like group of dearth!

Just hope that England do well in a competition before i am dead.
    Costa Rica just showed England how to play against Italy!!
    Most exciting match I've seen in my life! Is not only that our team won but that they played so well, even against 12 players!
    And nothing is more satifying than seeing your good comments about my country's team!
    They fully deserved it @0013. Should have had a penalty just before they scored so the result was fully deserved in the end.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Congrats, 0013! :)

And it is Switzerland vs. France just begun ...
  • RC7RC7
    Nice one @0013, brilliant result, brilliant effort. This is what makes football the game it is. Hope you continue to do the business.
    Congrats Costa Rica, nr. 4 for the 2nd round.
    And France is stomping on Switzerland now.
    France on fire! (not literally of course).
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 2,015
    Switzerland has abandoned so the 5 goals so far are not that impressive. What is interesting is that France has no goals against them yet in both matches. To win a Cup, you need to take 2 or 3 goals at most during the 7 matches (England had 4 in 2 matches :) ).

The problem is that some people will stop talking about France as an outsider now. It was a comfort to have zero pressure...

And boom, a goal from Swizterland out of the blue... If it happens in a 0-0 semifinal, the psychological effect will be awful.
    I'm just happy the Swiss scored one. Staring at 5 goals against is a hard road to keep playing (mentally and in spirit).
    I admit i was wrong about England? :-\" It took less than a week for England to come home! What a farce! Glad i am working for the last game as i know i will not be missing much! Well done to Costa Rica! =D>
    Hm, a 5-2 result is not that good. Other teams will think the defense is not that good and will try many things.

Did FIFA missed the 6th goal on your broadcast too ?!
    5-2 for the Blues, Spain must be relieved that somebody else has got a right kicking as well.
    Does Benzema realise the great goal he scored at the end didn't count as the ref already blew the final whistle? :-)
    Does Benzema realise the great goal he scored at the end didn't count as the ref already blew the final whistle? :-)

By now he must know. :D
    They should use whistle technology to avoid whistling right during a pass of a successful counterattack :)

After the Honduras goal given to the goakeeper, Benzema is two goals down in the race for the largest number of goals...
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Well, first of all, congrats for the winners. After Spain's adiós, it seems that the World Cup will be speaking Spanish after all: Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica... so far! ¡¡¡Vamos, Ticoooooos!!!

Secondly, this Benzema's no-goal reminds me this one in 1978. The referee blew the whistle... and Zico scored at the same time!

And last, are not Colombia and Costa Rica champions of their groups already??
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 2014 Posts: 17,809
    Paul the Octopus (deceased) predicts Greece will win the World Cup 2014...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_the_Octopus
    b8f6954b3b5c042467b0b92aaa0ad192.gif?1403014942
    DearestHappyEel.gif

A French can easily read on the lips that the coach say while witnessing the last "goal" :

"Oh putain ?"
    ..something..something asking if it's valid (maybe "C'était fini ?")
    "Oh putain !"

"What the f... ?"
    <..> <..> (possibly "was it over ?")
    "Oh f... !"
    Roy's team selection for our final group game against Costa Rica:

10442933_10204095031040016_4671224879992990702_n.jpg

:D
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    You know what? I hope Costa Rica do it, get nine points and top the group. It wouldn't be bad for a team that were predicted to come last.
    Roy's team selection for our final group game against Costa Rica:

10442933_10204095031040016_4671224879992990702_n.jpg

:D

I'm pleased to see he at least values the English footballing tradition in his last selection. ;)
    Nice pic. And there you are, Willy! #1, with your game face on.
    (just mind the glasses ...) ;)
This discussion has been closed.