The Horror Thread II: The Return

Comments

• Can't wait for both those films! Cheers for the updates @DaltonCraig007
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,399
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I always love seeing "lost" or forgotten footage, but the less occult-focused sequences in this series, the better.

The cult idea in itself never bothered me, its the way they chose to execute it.. First and foremost, Myers should never be used as or viewed as a pawn.. He's a force, not an errand boy... The easy fix would've had the Thorn cult view Michael and his massacres as some sort of sign, and are further trying to orchestrate stuff behind the scenes so that their whatever prophecy happens.. That's where I thought that angle was going to go - until they made Michael have incest with his niece and have him controlled by magic rocks.. That is epic facepalm levels of absurd.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,813
    Edit: Oops, wrong thread, sorry!

: )~
    Thought Pet Sematary (2019) was pretty good. It Chapter 2 and Doctor Sleep are on my radar.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Boyd Holbrook (Narcos, Run All Night, Logan) to star in 19th-Century horror film Eight for Silver.

Set in the countryside of France, the 19th-century horror pic follows John McBride (Holbrook), a pathologist assigned to determine if the body of a 14-year-old boy found in the woods is the work of a man or a beast.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3554494/boyd-holbrook-kelly-reilly-head-back-19th-century-period-horror-film-eight-silver/

----

Dave Bautista to star in Zack Snyder's big budget zombie film Army Of The Dead.

The adventure is set amid a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, during which a man assembles a group of mercenaries to take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantined zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/dave-bautista-zack-snyder-army-of-the-dead-netflix-zombies-1202589488/
    A little project I've been working on- it's bugged me for years that the posters for Halloween 4 & 5 don't use the masks seen in the movies, and for Curse of Michael Myers, he's wearing gloves even though he doesn't in the movie. Additionally, Jamie on the cover of part 5 is wearing the clown outfit, but she actually wore that in part 4.

Just nitpicky things that I can easily fix in photoshop!

Now 4 & 5 display the actual masks from the movies (as popular as they may or may not be) and Curse loses the gloves. That's actually my own hand! I went outside and rubbed it in the dirt just for the photo, lol

I printed these for my bluray collection!

xPF4P9S.jpgbiEjOdx.jpg4jrq8DA.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I probably shouldn't admit this, but... I had never noticed those mistakes before. When it comes to the masks of 4 & 5, I can't blame them for putting the mask of H1 on the cover instead. H6 had a decent looking mask, but it should have been tucked inside the collar of the suit.
    6 was arguably one of the dumber movies, but IMO one of the SCARIEST Michael's, between his cool mask and creepy demeanor.

MV5BYWE5ZmYzMTYtYmVjOC00ZGViLTg3MTQtNTEyNTRlYTAxNWVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ4ODE4MzQ@._V1_.jpg
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    A little project I've been working on- it's bugged me for years that the posters for Halloween 4 & 5 don't use the masks seen in the movies, and for Curse of Michael Myers, he's wearing gloves even though he doesn't in the movie. Additionally, Jamie on the cover of part 5 is wearing the clown outfit, but she actually wore that in part 4.

Just nitpicky things that I can easily fix in photoshop!

Now 4 & 5 display the actual masks from the movies (as popular as they may or may not be) and Curse loses the gloves. That's actually my own hand! I went outside and rubbed it in the dirt just for the photo, lol

I printed these for my bluray collection!

xPF4P9S.jpgbiEjOdx.jpg4jrq8DA.jpg

Saw these on Facebook. Great stuff.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Ryan Murphy seems to be a doing a slasher themed season for American Horror Story called...

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    childs-play-reboot-new-chucky-image-600x600.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Whoa whoa whoa, what is that? Buddi....? I really don't get this film. Either remake Child's Play or don't (i'd rather the latter).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2019 Posts: 15,690
    2nd trailer for the new Child's Play dropping this Thursday, April 18th.
    5g1mj44xots21.jpg
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,813
    Check out my completed Curse Blu-ray covers: the ungloved edition, lol!

57076192_10101980813236571_6203286471806287872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=e943b8d2b6c452af64067d5f4102e220&oe=5D3B6799

I went ahead and made a separate one for the producers cut too- just grayscaled with a solid red knife. Similar to what they actually did but a little more artsy I suppose.

Check out my completed Curse Blu-ray covers: the ungloved edition, lol!

57076192_10101980813236571_6203286471806287872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=e943b8d2b6c452af64067d5f4102e220&oe=5D3B6799

I went ahead and made a separate one for the producers cut too- just grayscaled with a solid red knife. Similar to what they actually did but a little more artsy I suppose.

Nice work.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    5g1mj44xots21.jpg

They kept the original logo. Makes sense given that eighties typefaces are in vogue again.

What I texted my uncle who is a big horror fan

Ok we can agree the new child’s play is just an amped up version of the original that beyond its title and maybe a few moments is an original film that steals said title and characters for nostalgia right...Cause watching the second trailer it’s painfully obvious...Unless the original had a department store masacare I completely forgot about...
    To be fair I had only seen the original in bits and prices
    Any fans of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 here? I prefer it to the original.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Remington wrote: »

Absolutely! This still remains one of the more surprising jump scares that ever got me in a horror movie, I love it. Scared the piss out of me when I first saw it when I was younger.
    Caroline Williams is great as Stretch, as is Dennis Hopper as Lefty Enright. Other than them, not really. After the original, I think Letherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III is the next best TCM film.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Remington wrote: »

I think it's horribly underrated. Nothing can beat the raw power of the original, but making the sequel a lunatic comic book thrillride was genius!

Still horrific but also very funny.
    First official look at James McAvoy in IT: Chapter 2:

gfpcy20paut21.jpg
  • Any word on the first trailer drop for It: Chapter 2 @DaltonCraig007 ?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Any word on the first trailer drop for It: Chapter 2 @DaltonCraig007 ?
    It must be soon, they usually drop official images within days of the trailer release.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 15,690
    @ShakenNotStirred Any day now surely. The first trailer for Chapter 1 dropped in late March 2017, and we are almost already in May. I guess they are confident the previous film gave them an assured audience, so they decided to release the trailer with a smaller gap to the film's actual release. Similar to John Wick 3's first trailer debuting way later than Wick 1 or Wick 2.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,869
    @ShakenNotStirred @DaltonCraig007 I'll put money on a trailer before the end of the week.

An IT Chapter 2 trailer and a Bond 25 press conference? Yes please.
  • Sounds good to me! Really anticipating this one, with the stellar cast and all!
    First official look at The Lighthouse, the new film directed by Robert Eggers (The Witch):

pno0x9xsu0u21.jpg

The story of an aging lighthouse keeper named Old who lives in early 20th-century Maine.

Starring: Willem Dafoe, Robert Pattinson