Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I cant wait for this one on BluRay. Looks like its going to have a whole bunch of BTS goodies too.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The next Star Wars will "bomb" at the BO, meaning it'll stop at 1.3 billion.
    With Han gone there's not much to look forward too.
    The three new characters are on Disney Channel level, especially the new "villain", maybe doing a tv show with them would work.
    no these star wars movies are gonna dominate I'm especially looking forward to benicio del toro's part.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm looking forward to it. Rey and Chewie finding Luke, Finn and Poe becoming good pals and good old BB-8 and the droids. I'm excited to see where the story goes next.
    ya Luke has so much potential they can literally make him a God of the force like we haven't even thought of yet.Im talking a guy with the power to destroy solar systems or even beyond that.
    Plus I'd really like to see Kylo Ren get his ass handed to him and get a satisfying death.
    I hope luke gets the news that he killed han from leah and he goes ape shi* and does something we haven't seen yet and kills him in a second.
    Chewie without Solo will not work.
    I think Chewie and Luke will work.
    Chewie and Rey will work, they have good chemistry. Plus Han said he liked her. I think they will make a great duo. :)
    If they have any scenes together, probably two.
    Also who's saying Luke will not again only pop up for some cameos.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 16,337
    It was pretty much The Search For Skywalker. I'm sure he will have a prominent role in Episode 8.
    Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith disagrees with you.

though it is odd Han is out of the picture so soon.. just like Rogue one though it looks interesting the fact that (I believe) there will be no light saber battles at all is a little odd to me.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    BondJasonBond006 you are always entertaining with the utter bollocks you talk.
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2016 Posts: 10,512
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith disagrees with you.

though it is odd Han is out of the picture so soon.. just like Rogue one though it looks interesting the fact that (I believe) there will be no light saber battles at all is a little odd to me.

As far as I'm aware an early draft had Leia die, rather than Han, which I'd have much preferred, but I can see why they would think offing Han is a much bigger deal. Leia dying would've been a great catalyst for taking Han into new territory as a character, where Leia has always had a more emotional disposition. I also feel like it would've been more poetic having Han outlast them all given his reckless nature; constantly putting himself in the line of fire. I guess it all boils down to Ford not wanting to continue.

As for Rogue One, I had never expected any light saber battles. It's a film about the rebels, not the Jedi.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Han needed to die to garner more interest for the upcoming solo Solo film.
    And realistically, Harrison Ford most likely wasn't going to do more than one, he wanted Han killed off long ago.
    Murdock wrote: »
    And realistically, Harrison Ford most likely wasn't going to do more than one, he wanted Han killed off long ago.

If at least the script had been any good. The way Solo was wasted is so senseless and even stupid.
    I thought Solo's role was fantastic. Han Solo was back and had most of the spotlight. I couldn't be happier.
    I thought Solo's role was fantastic. Han Solo was back and had most of the spotlight. I couldn't be happier.

Yes, he made the movie and hadn't he been killed so foolishly TFA could be No 4 in my ranking. Now it's No 7 and will probably forever stay there.
    Unless they kill Leia next. JJ Abrams is a loose cannon.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2016 Posts: 40,674
    Damn, I just cannot get over how excited I am to watch this on blu-ray at home finally.

Think I'm going to go with the Target Edition blu-ray; it's still the three disc blu-ray, but the cover art is very cool and it comes with a ton of bonus extras so why not?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I liked TFA immensely, but I liked SPECTRE better. ;)
    chrisisall wrote: »

Well, immensely can be interpreted...

How'd you rank TFA within the 7 movies?

For me it's last, not surprisingly.
    I rank it second under Empire Strikes Back. :D
    chrisisall wrote: »

Well, immensely can be interpreted...

How'd you rank TFA within the 7 movies?

For me it's last, not surprisingly.
    #1 New Hope
    #2 Return Of The Jedi
    #3 Empire Strikes Back

#4 The Force Awakens

#5 Revenge Of The Sith
    #6 Clone Wars

#7 Phantom Menace

:)) good joke

or :-O what ??

The Empire Strikes Back and the original Star Wars can't be beaten imho.

They'll always be my No 1 and 2.
  • RC7RC7

Above Star Wars? Wow.
    I actually regard the original trilogy as a single entity- basically all near perfect.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    If only SPECTRE had been as entertaining as SW TFA, I so hoped that it would be and was expecting TFA to be slightly trailing behind it in the enjoyment stakes but I hadn't realised how spectacularly SP would drop the ball.

I'm far from declaring TFA a masterpiece only ESB gets that close but anyone who declares SPECTRE one is seriously deluded, even if you liked it you have to admit the film is serioulsy flawed.

Can't wait for Episode 8 and Rogue One is easily my most awaited blockbuster of 2016.
    That's not a bad thing. I still love Star Wars but I liked The Force Awakens better. Here was my ranking after I saw it.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. The Force Awakens
    3. A New Hope
    4. Return of the Jedi

5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. Attack of the Clones
    7. The Phantom Menace