Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I actually regard the original trilogy as a single entity- basically all near perfect.

Yeah, me too actually. I never watch only one of them, where I do watch Attack Of The Clones on its own every now and then.
  • RC7RC7
    Shardlake wrote: »
    If only SPECTRE had been as entertaining as SW TFA, I so hoped that it would be and was expecting TFA to be slightly trailing behind it in the enjoyment stakes but I hadn't realised how spectacularly SP would drop the ball.

I'm far from declaring TFA a masterpiece only ESB gets that close but anyone who declares SPECTRE one is seriously deluded, even if you liked it you have to admit the film is serioulsy flawed.

Can't wait for Episode 8 and Rogue One is easily my most awaited blockbuster of 2016.

It's still a rip off of a better film, and as 'awful' as SP is, it's original. The only genuinely brilliant and original action flick of the year is Mad Max IMO.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The tail end of 2015 was great. I loved Spectre and The Force Awakens. That was the first time in many years I even went out to the theater. It was great. I especially love how my new theater has it's own dispense your own butter machine. Two wonderful trips. A great year for me :)
    200_s.gif
    RC7 wrote: »
    If only SPECTRE had been as entertaining as SW TFA, I so hoped that it would be and was expecting TFA to be slightly trailing behind it in the enjoyment stakes but I hadn't realised how spectacularly SP would drop the ball.

I'm far from declaring TFA a masterpiece only ESB gets that close but anyone who declares SPECTRE one is seriously deluded, even if you liked it you have to admit the film is serioulsy flawed.

Can't wait for Episode 8 and Rogue One is easily my most awaited blockbuster of 2016.

It's still a rip off of a better film, and as 'awful' as SP is, it's original. The only genuinely brilliant and original action flick of the year is Mad Max IMO.

Mad Max Fury Road is a masterpiece. Still can't believe it actually won six Academy Awards.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    RC7 wrote: »

Agreed Mad Max was my blockbuster of 2015 although my film of last year although I saw it this year was Sicario.

SPECTRE for me is one of the biggest disappointments in years, some of you must have been watching a different film to me especially someone declaring it a masterpiece.

Chinatown is a masterpiece, SPECTRE is an utter disgrace in comparrison.

SF might have had plot holes but it had danger and an edge, SPECTRE was flat as a pancake.
    In any case someone didn't realise.

This is a Star Wars thread.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Star Wars TFA was indeed not hugely original but it's sure exuberance put a huge smile on my face.

I've only seen it once and can't wait to catch it on Blu ray in April again.

At least Daniel Craig was in one great film last year. (sorry can't help it)
    Last year the Force Awakened...this year...

The Murdock Awakens. :P
    oIREICgl.jpg?1
    Subject to change on further viewings, TFA is ranked 5 for me currently.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I can't wait for the Blu Ray of TFA... I really did like it a lot!
    edited March 2016 Posts: 9,020
    @Murdock

You do great artistic stuff, I was once young and full of enthusiasm too for such things...

...well, ok, I'm still youngish :)) at least looking (I hope :)) ) but I wouldn't have the time to do it, although I guess with the software around these days it's easy peasy or at least easier than 15 years ago.

TFA for me personally was a shock. That's why I'm so negative about it.
    I admit Han Solo getting killed off is too much for me.
    It's like Captain Kirk would have been killed off in the first Next Generation movie...

...wait...

ouch.... (where is the damn Prozac.... :))

No, seriously...it's like killing of Riker in the next spin-off of TNG. Just not right.

Like Generations TFA will grow on me with time I guess. It just takes enough re-watches so Han's death will not hurt that much anymore.

I must say, I absolutely totally am in love with BB-8, my wife got me the Sphero BB-8 for Christmas and it's freaking fantastic. I hope you have it, if not go NOW and buy it.
    BB-8 should get its own spin-off. It had more character depth than Finn and was certainly more fun.
    @BondJasonBond006, That picture was the easiest thing ever. I just turned off my lights and held up one of those battery powered glowsticks and took a pic with my webcam, no enhancements or nothing. It was that easy. :))

As for Han's death. As much as I didn't want him to die, I knew it was bound to happen. At least it he went with dignity. He was trying to save his son. I think having it spoiled for me helped a little bit. I totally didn't know about Kirk's death and the way it was done pissed me off. I hate Star Trek Generations. It was boring and built up this epic meeting of Kirk and Picard and that was the last 10 minutes of the damn movie. At least The Force Awakens, even if it borrows beats from the original film was still fun and enjoyable.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Kirk's death and the way it was done pissed me off. I hate Star Trek Generations. It was boring and built up this epic meeting of Kirk and Picard and that was the last 10 minutes of the damn movie. At least The Force Awakens, even if it borrows beats from the original film was still fun and enjoyable.
    I'm right there with you, man.
    \m/
    Kirk's death and the way it was done pissed me off. I hate Star Trek Generations. It was boring and built up this epic meeting of Kirk and Picard and that was the last 10 minutes of the damn movie. At least The Force Awakens, even if it borrows beats from the original film was still fun and enjoyable.
    \m/
    We reach. :P If someone gave it to me as a birthday gift, I'd smash it right then and there. =))
    @chrisisall
    @Murdock

we should start a petition that beloved main characters must not be killed off anymore in sequels of movies.

M
    Captain Kirk
    Data (sort of)
    Han Solo

where does it stop?
    Next thing they kill of Batman in the second Justice League movie, or they dispose of Iron Man in Phase 4 of the Avengers.
    Or Jim Phelps....oh wait...(PROZAC!!!!)
    \m/
    We reach. :P If someone gave it to me as a birthday gift, I'd smash it right then and there. =))
    I'd just give it to someone I didn't like.
    ;)
    So, am I the only fan of Star Wars Rebels in here??
    I've watched some of it, I need to collect the series.
    Personally I thought Hans death (I am guessing everyone in the galaxy knows Han dies by now) was the moment I was dragged into the film. Felt the scene worked on a dramatic level and upped the anti. Up until Hans death felt the film meandered for periods. The final act elevated the film for me, I understand why TFA played it safe and can forgive the film makers all things considered. I expect much more for Episode VIII, which I am sure we will get.
    Personally I thought Hans death (I am guessing everyone in the galaxy knows Han dies by now) was the moment I was dragged into the film. Felt the scene worked on a dramatic level and upped the anti. Up until Hans death felt the film meandered for periods. The final act elevated the film for me, I understand why TFA played it safe and can forgive the film makers all things considered. I expect much more for Episode VIII, which I am sure we will get.

Same here.

Is TFA just a remake? Interesting comparisons. Not sure if this has been posted.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

You're not. I watch that show every new episode, and will buy every DVD, just like I did The Clone Wars.

You're not. I watch that show every new episode, and will buy every DVD, just like I did The Clone Wars.

Cool :-*
    The first season of Rebels was released a couple of months ago in Switzerland. I've re-watched the season of course. It's just fabulous. I have yet to watch the second season which is still ongoing.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Just having James Earl Jones as a threatening Darth Vader makes that season amazing.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just read that the third SW spinoff movie out in 2020, will be about Boba Fett.

Also that Disney is now planning ten more Star Wars films, not five.

Disney will drain as much money as possible from this cash cow, which is good for fans. Just hope a level of quality is maintained.

They'll ruin the whole thing, they just want to millk the cow, despicable.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Boba Fett? Is he really that popular?
    Yes.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 4,813
    I'd almost rather have a Boba Fett movie with Han Solo in it than a Han Solo movie.
    I figure the less we know about Han's past the better (avoiding ruining his reputation like Vader with the prequels)

Fett on the other hand, is a bounty hunter whose movie could be action packed