Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Sadly I have to get that Disney Junior Channel version of Star Wars (The Teenies Awakens) on Blu-ray.
    My wife demands it.

'Scooby-Doo' for the "kids" and Disney Jr. 'Star Wars' blu-rays for the "wife"? I see you trying to mask your true movie-going interests! ;)

:)) Good one!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Hey @BondJasonBond006, At least it was better than Batman V Superman right? Right...? :o3
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I like the FX, I liked the new cast members, but in thinking about it, it was just an intro movie. Not much of any worth was actually going on... except the forced (excuse the pun) soap opera dysfunctional family issues.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Hey @BondJasonBond006, At least it was better than Batman V Superman right? Right...? :o3

Now that you say it and that's really depressing :((
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Star Wars: Rogue One trailer will be released tomorrow morning!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Watched that snippet, has me so pumped. Can't wait to see it in full.

I finished up my rewatch of 'Episode V' earlier, watching 'Episode VI' now and then jumping into TFA once it gets here tomorrow.
    Thanks for heads up, looking forward to seeing the tone of this one.
  • RC7RC7

According to a mate whose done some Pinewood shooting on it, Edwards is shooting it like an indie film. So I'm expecting it to be a very different beast to the rest.
    RC7 wrote: »

According to a mate whose done some Pinewood shooting on it, Edwards is shooting it like an indie film. So I'm expecting it to be a very different beast to the rest.

I like Edwards previous work, it has a raw feel to it. I think Rogue One could surprise alot of people. If Vader shows up in the trailer... Mind blown for sure.

Tease for Rogue One... Oh yeah, oh yeah... OH YEAH!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Here it is folks!
    I have just lost it, that was awesome... Vaders theme right at the end.
    Alexandre Desplat is scoring this one. I knew he would be perfect. EON should watch closely what he does here.
    I'm getting a fangasm right there ! It's going to be good, I feel it.
    What WILL you do.....
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Who is kneeling in the room with the Emperors guards... ^:)^

Very well done on that trailer, despite not being part of the main Star Wars thread, it is unmistakingly Star Wars and will draw the crowds in. So many iconic images in that trailer, very impressed.
    Meh sorry but I might be done with being excited about films till Justice League in 2017
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Great to see the legendary Donnie Yen! This film is going to be fantastic.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    When Jyn Erso turns round at about 1:27 and the lights come on....I can only imagine who is there. Ominous.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Colour me excited, this is the only blockbuster I was getting pumped for this year.

I concur Desplat should be on EON's short list, just watched Zero Dark Thirty again for the first time in a while this morning and was thinking Desplat would be great for Bond.

I don't think he'd offer some dull wall paper sound, he'd bring the Barry influence but not plagerise.

I think he could make a great melodic and memorable Bond score.

Boy Rogue One is looking the business so far. Also we've still got Mads, I guess they'll save him for the next trailer.

• edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Great casting for Mon Mothma, I had to double take
  • RC7RC7
    Great casting for Mon Mothma, I had to double take

Me too.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    It gave me goosebumps, I wouldn't expect anything else from a Star Wars trailer and it delivered.

Mon Mothma appearance was a plesant surprise, Ben Mendelsohn looks great.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Death Star's dish being installed was such an ominous moment, despite knowing that the thing's gonna be blown up in A New Hope.
    I wonder what happens if this gets a better reception that "the saga",
    it just looks great, its wonderful to be in your fifties and still excited like a boy :)
    This one has a more gritty flavour, intentionally I think. SW7 seemed more squeeky clean, but there is a more war weary air here.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That trailer.... =P~ :-O =D>

Disney's road to world domination continues.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    This looks good. I really like the idea of the main characters being "new" to us even though they have existed in the same timeline all along. That works much better than them ruining the backstory with a young Han Solo.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That Lucasfilm Ltd logo gets me excited the same way the gun barrel does.
    Let's hope the new SW will not be another Disney Junior Channel movie. Kylo Ren is a joke, Rey would have ended him in their first fight if the planet (natural disaster) had not divided them.