Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• RC7RC7
    I'd almost rather have a Boba Fett movie with Han Solo in it than a Han Solo movie.
    I figure the less we know about Han's past the better (avoiding ruining his reputation like Vader with the prequels)

Fett on the other hand, is a bounty hunter whose movie could be action packed

Yeah, I think its a major error unravelling the Solo myth. I'm not sold on this Marvel-esque attempt to roll out a constant stream of films. I can only see it diminishing the larger myth and the plate spinning will surely become unsustainable. With Marvel you have the best part of 70 years of flexible source material. SW have jettisoned the potential for that and are heading into the unknown.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'm excited about Rogue One but after that not too sure where this is going.

I think we all knew when Disney bought the franchise it was going to be like this but as @RC7 says they just don' t have mythology of Marvel to sustain it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    At least they're sticking to one Star Wars movie per year, rather than two. The old Expanded Universe proves they had plenty of mythology, but not all of it would probably translate well into film.
    Interesting that they'd suggest O'Connell from Unbroken, when that very movie clearly has a dead ringer in the form of Garrett Hedlund.

Not too excited about any of those guys to be honest :|
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 5,767
    That Han Solo movie looks doomed from the outset if they don´t get someone more charismatic to play Indy, er Han. F*ck me, those contenders cannot be for real :( .

What is with the guy who literally channelled Ford in that one movie last year? Can´t they give him a bit acting lessons and take him? I mean, he was Harrison Ford in that movie.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    boldfinger wrote: »
    That Han Solo movie looks doomed from the outset if they don´t get someone more charismatic to play Indy, er Han. F*ck me, those contenders cannot be for real :( .

What is with the guy who literally channelled Ford in that one movie last year? Can´t they give him a bit acting lessons and take him? I mean, he was Harrison Ford in that movie.
    Anthony Ingruber.
    MV5BMTY3NzU3NTA2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODY4Nzc2NTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 5,767
    Yeah baby, thas him!

The name sounds as if from a Zucker/Abrahams/Zucker movie.
    I really want him to be Young Han. He's just perfect for the role. And taking into consideration that impression video was uploaded 7 years ago, I'm sure Ingruber is a pretty fine young and upcoming actor by now.
    This has gone pretty viral at this point so you may have seen this, but if not- you're in for a treat!
    It's called "Episode III: Backstroke of the West"
    What it is, is the Japanese dubbed DVD, which includes an English dub... but rather than use the original movie some genius decided to dub it literally from Japanese to English! The resulting mistranslations are entertaining- certainly more entertaining than the movie itself!

swb73kq.jpgswb84iu.jpg
    sw325zl.jpg

And best of all Vader's infamous "NOOOOO" is replaced with:

swb251lt.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Haha, thanks. "Do not want" indeed.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd love to get my hands on the Google translated version of 'The Raid' that I saw a few years back. The subtitles literally made no sense and had me rolling.

Daniel Craig's TFA scene.
    Here's an alternate Bondian version I made. ;)
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x41ocht
    @Murdock that's good, was the music from QoS.
    Thank you @fire_and_ice. And yes it was, It was the track "Field Trip" :D
    I have a good ear when it comes to Bond cues/themes. :)
    Same here. I can pick out nearly any Bond cue anywhere. I've even heard some in the most unlikeliest of places. :P
    And pick out the cues that suspiciously appear on other pieces if music B-)
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 337
    Ah. Every teenager's fantasy back in '77, but I remember the craze lasted up to the sequel (and beyond). It wasn't until the late 80's where SW started falling out of pop culture. Then the 1990's picked it up briefly with the Thrawn Trilogy, before TPM was announced in 1999 and the whole world basically reignited into SW fandom.

Still, I'll always remember my experience in '77. Absolutely phenomenal, everyone's sci-fi dream back then. And then I saw Moonraker in '79 and the ending was so obviously done to reap profits from the still-standing SW hype. But back in the days of the original trilogy, if an SW movie was being released that year, it'd overshadow all. The box office numbers can attest to that (highest world-wide every time, I believe). TPM and TFA managed to replicate that, but only because we had a decade or more of waiting and the reignited hype was massive. AotC and RotS were surpassed by a couple of films and SW VIII and IX might not be the top films of their year.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Hmmmmmm..... The Force Awakens is out on Blu Ray today.... why am I not THRILLED and RUSHING out to grab it like I did with SPECTRE? Damn, I was even more enthusiastic when Terminator: Genysis came out... :-O
    I preordered the Best Buy steel book, just in case they flew off the shelves, since I'm working all day! Better believe I'll be watching tomorrow!
    I 'only' saw it twice at the theatre!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Well I'm bloody excited I'll tell you that much. I'm just a cheapskate (uh..I mean value buyer) and so am waiting to see if I can get a deal somewhere. I sometimes buy a region free copy from another location on Amazon when I see some price arbitraging opportunity.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Wow. I'm actually not gonna get it now...
    I guess I didn't really like it as much as I thought I did last Christmas... @-)

Maybe used in a few months.
    I'll be getting it this weekend and watching it on my new Plasma screen tv. :D
    I picked up the Target blu-ray edition, I loved the unique artwork and the bonus features, should be here on Thursday!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,043
    I'll be getting this day of release had pre ordered since it was announced, only saw it once at the cinema.

Whereas I'm waiting till SPECTRE is a fiver or there abouts till I buy that. I did have it pre ordered for day one and then thought I wasn't really that bothered about seeing it again at the moment.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited April 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Sadly I have to get that Disney Junior Channel version of Star Wars (The Teenies Awakens) on Blu-ray.
    My wife demands it.
    Sadly I have to get that Disney Junior Channel version of Star Wars (The Teenies Awakens) on Blu-ray.
    My wife demands it.

'Scooby-Doo' for the "kids" and Disney Jr. 'Star Wars' blu-rays for the "wife"? I see you trying to mask your true movie-going interests! ;)