Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

Creasy47 wrote: »
    SharkBait wrote: »
    More that I think of it, this might be quite entertaining. But Disney needs to stop oversaturating the market at some point.

Won't be any time soon, with them planning more spin-offs, two new trilogies, and some TV series/movies for their new streaming service. It's only going to get more and more oversaturated.

That said the next movie release after Solo will be december 2019, so the over saturating does seem a tad over the top.

So far they have delivered better stuff than the great GL himself. Just IMHO ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    SaintMark wrote: »
    More that I think of it, this might be quite entertaining. But Disney needs to stop oversaturating the market at some point.

Won't be any time soon, with them planning more spin-offs, two new trilogies, and some TV series/movies for their new streaming service. It's only going to get more and more oversaturated.

That said the next movie release after Solo will be december 2019, so the over saturating does seem a tad over the top.

Better than the prequels, sure, but that’s not saying much.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,327
    Disney is attempting a hostile takeover of the world of cinema.

Pretty much mate...

Disney is the T - Rex from Fantasia

latest?cb=20170325165314
    Worst : from the same movie, Chernabog :

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Gerard wrote: »
    Worst : from the same movie, Chernabog :

The early Disney Animated films when analysed are quite Sinister
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Fantasia is better than any SW movie. It s a sublime work of art.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Yeah you're bang on the money there. TFA and TLJ simply shit all over the original trilogy don't they?

First the world of cinema. Then...the WORLD!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

First the world of cinema. Then...the WORLD!
    I had something similar in mind. :))
  • RC7RC7
    Yeah you're bang on the money there. TFA and TLJ simply shit all over the original trilogy don't they?

Unbelievable.
    The recent trilogy films so far are an insult
  • RC7RC7

I watch the OT with my 2 year old. She is fascinated by them. Nothing beyond 1983 comes even remotely close imo. They’re truly brilliant pieces of cinema.
    RC7 wrote: »

I watch the OT with my 2 year old. She is fascinated by them. Nothing beyond 1983 comes even remotely close imo. They’re truly brilliant pieces of cinema.

The Original Trilogy has heart and simple story telling, the last film was a wreck it's poor attempt to be subversive falls flat, Mark Hamill deserved better
    On this day in 1973, Lucas started writing on "THE STAR WARS".
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,467
    Spoilers ahead: a legacy character will reportedly return in Episode IX:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/17/star-wars-episode-9-will-reportedly-bring-back-this-legacy-character
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,327
    Spoilers ahead: a legacy character will reportedly return in Episode IX:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/17/star-wars-episode-9-will-reportedly-bring-back-this-legacy-character

I heard about that at the weekend I think it's the only way they can go, certainly with Fishers passing and Hamill seemingly not interested in returning for Episode IX
    solonewposter.jpg
    Who is the babe?
    Who is the babe?

That's Chewbacca.
    Who is the babe?

That's Chewbacca.

I love her.
    I wonder if there will be jokes based on what we know happens later. For example, Qi’Ra asks Han if he has kids, and he could reply ‘hell no, I’d drive them crazy and they’d probably kill me’

The prequels did a bit of that, like when C-3PO said there’s no way he’d ever get in a starship :)

There could be some fun there
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    There's already the "I thought we were in trouble but it's fine, we're fine" line calling forward to Han's "We're all fine... here... now... How are you?" in A New Hope.

If there are lines like that, I want them to tone it down a little compared to the prequels.
    Heard about it, found it on YouTube. Or how did Britain built the Star Wars galaxy :

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I wonder if there will be jokes based on what we know happens later. For example, Qi’Ra asks Han if he has kids, and he could reply ‘hell no, I’d drive them crazy and they’d probably kill me’

The prequels did a bit of that, like when C-3PO said there’s no way he’d ever get in a starship :)

Hopefully not, I hate those kind of jokes.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 3,333
    Good to see some of that archive footage @Gerard. I do remember the marquee front at Leicester Square which looked rather glitzy at the time. There was a similar one on the front of the Dominion Theatre that was also showing the movie as well. Somewhat bizarre that the presenter and BBC TV documentary maker David Whiteley didn't know Star Wars was made in Britain. What a dork!!

Dominion-450x210.jpg

Wasn't so interested by the later stuff when SW became Disneyfied, but the original content is worth a look.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain

The one that stands out the most to me, and is in line with your idea, is in AOTC when Obi-Wan asks Anakin, "Why do I have a feeling you'll be the death of me?"
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,467
    Alden Ehrenreich confirms he has a three-film deal:

https://screenrant.com/alden-ehrenreich-han-solo-sequels-contract/
    31232633_2001834393177327_2702615936308871168_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=41977b5463a68c7a03235ef3b1d8e5f8&oe=5B5324F6

I shouldn't......

maxresdefault.jpg