Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Alden Ehrenreich confirms he has a three-film deal:

https://screenrant.com/alden-ehrenreich-han-solo-sequels-contract/
    That's brave of Disney. I'm not even sure if I'll see his first film, let alone the next two.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

I don't see that as meaning anything. The actress who played Jyn Erso in Rogue One had a three-film contract, too. I think it's just Disney policy to make sure the actor's available for plans yet to be conceived.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It's not as if we needed the first Han Solo movie, now they're making sequels.

I imagine there'll be a film about an unfortunate stormtrooper at some point who was shot in one of the films by Leia, Solo or Luke and now we see him re-explore himself or deal with his boring past.

I'm out of words here Disney. I truly am.

*sigh*
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 7,653
    It's not as if we needed the first Han Solo movie, now they're making sequels.

I imagine there'll be a film about an unfortunate stormtrooper at some point who was shot in one of the films by Leia, Solo or Luke and now we see him re-explore himself or deal with his boring past.

Lets judge the first Solo movie on its merits, nobody has seen it yet but are full of judgement.

Disney bought the franchise to make money out of it, which is a well accepted economic reality.

So far I have enjoyed their output and Disney wanted the end of Rogue One not a happy one hence the re-shoots for a different ending which made more sense and is definitely darker and better imho. Too bad EON did not have the sense of firing Mendes when he decided to film a script that makes the celebrity continuation books look like literary masterpieces. ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I’ve nothing against Rogue One in the slightest. In fact, I prefer it to the two main Star Wars films they produced by a wide and vast margin. It’s just that, despite all the promotion, effort and in my opinion poor casting and recharacterization of Han Solo, I’m not interested in any of their efforts. RO got certain things right, and I loved the ending. It didn’t have to be happy, in fact, it makes me love Luke’s savage effort to take on the Empire even more after losing many of the great characters in RO who provided the resistance with the “new hope”.

I’m not sold on this Solo movie nor have any interest in seeing the sequels with the same actor.
    I don´t think this Solo film will be half as bad as I suspected it to be.
    I'm willing to bet that Solo will be better than the last two SW's main movies... which were tripe! I thought Alden Ehrenreich was excellent in Hail, Caesar!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,492
    Someone rendered what a hairless Chewbacca would look like, and it's nightmarish:

Da2VXiUXcAIjBB8.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Someone rendered what a hairless Chewbacca would look like, and it's nightmarish:

Da2VXiUXcAIjBB8.jpg

When you re this ugly, best not to shave. Anywhere.
    Would be interesting to have an R-rated SW movie with a torture scene that has Chewbacca shaved. Maybe only down to the pelvis.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Would be interesting to have an R-rated SW movie with a torture scene that has Chewbacca shaved. Maybe only down to the pelvis.

If it s R rated, then only below the pelvis.
    I can’t see the picture :(
    I can’t see the picture :(

You re the lucky one.
    The only blockbusters I have ever been to in a litteral sense, where the queue went over more than a block, were Disney s Robin Hood in 1973, and Star Wars in 1977.

Da2VXiUXcAIjBB8.jpg

When you re this ugly, best not to shave. Anywhere.

Lol!!!!! That is rather freaky and odd!
    Just finished rewatching TLJ on small screen and the movie felt actually better than it was when I saw it in the cinema the first three times.

I never was one of those butthurt fanboys who deemed it the worst star wars film , that should be removed from the canon, just because it wasn't exactly like they wanted it to be.

The juvenile comedy this time around felt almost non existent and the Canto Bight part didn't feel out of place or drag the movie. I even didn't mind Rose now.

Though Chewbacca and Artoo didn't have much to do in this one :_(

I'm eagerly awaiting what they'll do in the next one.

4/5 Better than any of the prequels.
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Just finished rewatching TLJ on small screen and the movie felt actually better than it was when I saw it in the cinema the first three times.

I never was one of those butthurt fanboys who deemed it the worst star wars film , that should be removed from the canon, just because it wasn't exactly like they wanted it to be.

The juvenile comedy this time around felt almost non existent and the Canto Bight part didn't feel out of place or drag the movie. I even didn't mind Rose now.

I liked it much better upon a second viewing as well. Sadly, I've yet to embrace Rose. At the risk of upsetting the PCs, I think she should be killed very quickly in the next one. Preferably painfully.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain

I'm almost the same way with Rogue One. I honestly didn't like it the first couple of times I watched it. I've seen it about five times now and I enjoy it a bit more each time I watch it.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 5,821
    "Do you kiss your brother with that mouth ? Oh wait, yes !"

:))
    bondjames wrote: »

I liked it much better upon a second viewing as well. Sadly, I've yet to embrace Rose. At the risk of upsetting the PCs, I think she should be killed very quickly in the next one. Preferably painfully.
    I wouldn´t mind if both Rose and Finn would be substituted for more engaging characters.

I wouldn´t mind if both Rose and Finn would be substituted for more engaging characters.
    Me neither. Finn was interesting enough in TFA but was quite wasted in TLJ. I wouldn't lose sleep over both of them biting it next time out either.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Me neither. Finn was interesting enough in TFA but was quite wasted in TLJ. I wouldn't lose sleep over both of them biting it next time out either.
    I say keep Finn (an integral part of the sequel trilogy) but ditch Rose. Totally uninteresting character.
    jake24 wrote: »

I say keep Finn (an integral part of the sequel trilogy) but ditch Rose. Totally uninteresting character.
    I could live with that, as long as they give him something more essential to do next time around. He still has potential.

Finn is somehow claimed to be an integral part of the trilogy, but in actuality Eps VII and VIII wouldn´t lose anything without him.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 10,588

Finn is somehow claimed to be an integral part of the trilogy, but in actuality Eps VII and VIII wouldn´t lose anything without him.
    Doesn't matter. He is one of 3 major characters introduced into the universe (Rey and Kylo being the others). They set him up as important, regardless of whether or not his impact on the story itself is that great.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 5,767
    @jake24, what do mean, doesn´t matter? I clearly remember Rey and Kylo from both films, while Finn is something like dust on the windshield I want to wipe away.

I mean, if Rey or Kylo weren´t in the next film, everybody would be confused. If Finn were missing, I doubt half the audience would notice at all.