Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 10,588
    boldfinger wrote: »
    @jake24, what do mean, doesn´t matter? I clearly remember Rey and Kylo from both films, while Finn is something like dust on the windshield I want to wipe away.
    Not liking the character is one thing, but Finn is a major part of TFA, and his misuse in TLJ is one of the films problems. They set him up to be an incredibly important aspect of the trilogy and reduce him to supporting status.

Finn is very popular with audiences (die-hard fans notwithstanding).
    He is? Incredible. Even in TFA he didn´t do anything that would make him important.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Finn showed that stormtroopers are human. Wether that is important or even called for is up to each.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Donald Glover gives a tour of Lando's pad... the Millennium Falcon.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Solo: A Star Wars Story is predicted to be heading towards a $170+ million opening weekend, not forgetting that Deadpool 2 is projected to open at around $150 million only 1 week earlier than the Solo film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The review embargo for Solo: A Star Wars Story will end on May 15th, 10 days before the film's release.
    Normally a sign of confidence?
    #SoloAStarWarsStory is reaaaaalllly good. Fun as hell. It’s a straight intergalactic heist movie, kind of refreshing to see a Star Wars movie w/o a Death Star or the rebellion’s fate at stake

Boom. #SoloAStarWarsStory Loved it. Stay off the internet! Avoid spoilers! Great job @RealRonHoward and cast!

Wow. #SoloAStarWarsStory was a TON of fun. Felt more like a Star Wars movie than Rogue One. Don’t look up spoilers! It’s full of surprises.

Another thing about 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' that really stood out are the action set pieces. They were GREAT and so well choreographed.

Wow. Just come out of #SoloAStarWarsStory and can confirm it’s kinda a blast. @donaldglover was as perfect as expected, but Alden Ehrenreich has swagger to match, and spare.

So, I was REALLY worried about #SoloAStarWarsStory but those concerns are totally laid to rest. A movie for fans AND those totally fresh to the Star Wars franchise. Heart, humor and a Falcon full of top notch action. From a worry to a favorite. Very, very happy!
    I´m so happy to read those positive reviews. They confirm my gut feeling :-).
    Ron Howard pulls it off? He is one talented fellow IMHO
    Guys, these are early twitter reactions. Early twitter reactions are always extremely positive.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Guys, these are early twitter reactions. Early twitter reactions are always extremely positive.
    That's possibly true, but in Howard I trust.
    I've been cautiously optimistic, but now I'm more looking forward to a good fun time.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I shout this from the rooftops every time. Happens with literally every film.

Then again, you've decided by now if you're seeing this movie or not, early Twitter reactions aren't going to make the difference.
    I'm a huge Star Wars nerd, so even if the reactions were terrible I would still see it. However, Solo is the one Star Wars movie I've been really nervous for. It's one that I'm excited to see but I really want most fans to at least like it. Hearing that it's getting positive reviews so far, even if they are early twitter reactions, makes me extremely happy. Let's hope that it keeps getting mostly positive reviews.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I shout this from the rooftops every time. Happens with literally every film.

Then again, you've decided by now if you're seeing this movie or not, early Twitter reactions aren't going to make the difference.
    Does that mean negative reactions are wiped off twitter?

Now they are taking it too far!

SW IX will feature a garbage grinder robot called ARETOO#METOO.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    =))
    Someone made a Solo trailer with Harrison Ford's head digitally put over Alden Ehrenreich's head. They titled it "True Solo: A Star Wars Story." At times they did a good job, at others, not so much.
    Does Peter Mayhew play Chewbacca in this?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Checked on Google, it's apparently Joonas Suotamo, who has played him in this recent trilogy, too. C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels plays the other Wookiee, though.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Mayhew's health has prevented him from doing much of Chewie's role, so he retired from it.
    Anthony Daniels is the link between all movies so far, then.
    These are the two men who have played Chewie. The original Chewbacca, Peter Mayhew, on the left and the new Chewbacca, Joonas Suotamo, on the right. I think Suotamo has been in the role of Chewie since The Force Awakens.
    joonas-suotamo-peter-mayhew.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So was Mayhew for certain, physically easy scenes in both The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Someone made a Solo trailer with Harrison Ford's head digitally put over Alden Ehrenreich's head. They titled it "True Solo: A Star Wars Story." At times they did a good job, at others, not so much.

I would rather watch this lol
    I think Mayhew only did the parts, that didn't require running / action.
    Capture_d_e_cran_2018_05_15_a_23_58_39.png
    TMZ is saying that the next standalone Star Wars film will indeed be about Obi-Wan during his days as a hermit on Tatooine. They're saying it will be titled "Obi-Wan: A Star Wars Story." Ewan McGregor hasn't been confirmed to be signed on as of yet.
    http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Possible_ObiWan_Kenobi_Star_Wars_Film_Details_Emerge_180762.asp

The synopsis reads...
    "Obi-Wan is on Tatooine being an elusive hermit and stuff, but secretly watches over an infant Luke Skywalker, whom he delivered to his uncle, Owen. Tensions between the local farmers and a tribe of Sand People -- headed by a ruthless war chief -- eventually brings Obi outta hiding ... and into Jedi kickass mode. Scene."

Sounds cool but should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Sand people has me sold. The musslemen of SW.