Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• edited March 2018 Posts: 2,107
    Happy Birthday, Ron Howard.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Didn't know old Ron had his birthday one day before mine.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    SharkBait wrote: »

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Didn't know old Ron had his birthday one day before mine.
    Loved that show as a kid. Did you know that the expression "jumping the shark" comes from there?
    Yes, I did know that. I also watched Happy Days.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    SharkBait wrote: »

Loved that show as a kid. Did you know that the expression "jumping the shark" comes from there?

jump-the-shark.gif

When Happy Days Nuked the Fridge!
    Mark Hamill in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'? Fans force the issue
    Are the galaxies colliding?
    A fan connects the Star Wars star and "Guardians" director James Gunn on Twitter, and a meet-up appears to be next.

https://www.cnet.com/news/mark-hamill-and-guardians-of-galaxy-3-director-james-gunn-talk/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Episode IX will likely be the last Star Wars film for John Williams:

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-episode-9-score-john-williams/
    Nice new poster for Solo

solo-a-star-wars-story-poster-6-913.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The more material I see of "Solo", the less I am interested in it. It really does seem more of a Disney movie than a Star Wars movie.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I want this movie to be great, especially because I don’t like what their doing with the sequel trilogy, however everything they are showing us looks half assed. Like they tried to make a Star Wars Film on 30 million dollars.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The Last Jedi pretty much made my expectations for new Star Wars films hit rock bottom, I'll watch Solo though not expecting much.
    The more material I see of "Solo", the less I am interested in it. It really does seem more of a Disney movie than a Star Wars movie.

Yeah that poster does not fill me with confidence!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Lucasfilm has announced that Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series.

http://www.starwars.com/news/jon-favreau-to-executive-produce-write-live-action-star-wars-series
    Oh, thank the maker! At first I though "Great...another trilogy of movies.." , but I see this is about a tv/ streaming series and I am all aboard this here ship.
    OMG guys! Leaked image of Snoke from Episode IX!!

29136950_1267192436716605_6597851016912175104_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeGQGRl-Wdv2f_OzlsoIFQn4SAgOx_eYIESPEXHVilBc6_BqQyeITv4yjAGKHFnm7_8AEIVEZXkAhX3AQYmhBlAjkfEr9RxD0-0oSADM02VVhA&oh=960bd8e61ec9af76fe15ff79e343e7c7&oe=5B023786
    I am boycotting that movie. Something needs to be done about those scriptwriters!
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Here's Tom Hardy's cameo in a deleted scene from TLJ. It's pretty cringey.

I thought Tom was R2-D2.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited March 2018 Posts: 8,087
    I thought that was pretty funny, not gonna lie. 3:-O
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Oh dear god, that accent... It would have been funnier if he had used his Bane voice.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oof. I've still yet to see TLJ, is the humor in the film akin to that? Because that was a bit cringey to me.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 1,661
    That deleted scene is bloody awful (pardon my language). God only knows what Rian Johnson was thinking when he wrote and directed that scene. I think that's an insult to Star Wars! Bleh.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    That deleted scene is bloody awful (pardon my language). God only knows what Rian Johnson was thinking when he wrote and directed that scene. I think that's an insult to Star Wars! Bleh.

Yousa say so?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Solo: A Star Wars Story to debut at the Cannes film Festival.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Oof. I've still yet to see TLJ, is the humor in the film akin to that? Because that was a bit cringey to me.

There is humor and at times it can be just a tad bit too much but IMO it's not anywhere near as bad as some people make it out to be. The Phantom Menace was far worse with humor. That deleted scene does not, and should not, represent The Last Jedi.
    Laurel+%2526+Hardy+Cap%252CGown%252CLightsaber.jpg
    BTW, according to Seven Moffat, the appearance of Peter Cushing in Rogue One was not CGI :

radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-04-06/steven-moffat-clears-up-some-of-doctor-whos-biggest-plot-holes-in-his-new-novel/

If only...
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 4,813
    This Han Solo movie looks really good!

Also, by Chewie's age, that pretty much confirms this is 10 years before ANH.
    Maybe someone can help me: Harrison Ford was 35 when he did the movie, but I remember hearing somewhere 'Han Solo' was supposed to be 29. Is this true? Is young Han Solo supposed to be 19 here?
    After watching that trailer it's the first Star Wars film I won't make any effort to watch at the cinema
    "I've got a good feeling about this !" Me too, Han, me too.