Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Scratch that: the trailer will debut Monday morning here in the States on Good Morning America, and will be released online afterward:

http://collider.com/solo-a-star-wars-story-trailer-release-date/
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    7044610871141.jpg

Is that diluted?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited February 2018 Posts: 14,813
    That actually looks pretty good.
    Thanks @DaltonCraig007
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,883
    The small snippet does indeed look pretty good. I have faith in Ron Howard. He's a decent director. If that score is from the film then it's certainly a new dynamic sound (courtesy of John Powell).
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    For the record, I’ve been very vocal that this film is unnecessary and that I would not be seeing it unless the marketing continually impressed me.

With that said, it’s a good start. I’m mildly intrigued.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The train bit looked intriguing, but past that, I just can't buy this dude playing Han Solo whatsoever. I couldn't help but chuckle a little when his face panned up and it's totally not Harrison Ford.

Still, it's SW, so it'll rake in an unbelievable amount of cash and warrant 100 new spin-offs we don't need.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    H O W A R D = Hope
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Hard to judge the quality based on this trailer, but I wouldn't call it garbage.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Hard to judge the quality based on this trailer, but I wouldn't call it garbage.

I think I am very anti Solo, I saw young Han in a film called Star Wars
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

I feel ya.

I feel ya.

Hope it's a great and people enjoy the film etc, though I think it's a blatant attempt at a cash grab.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Still, it's SW, so it'll rake in an unbelievable amount of cash and warrant 100 new spin-offs we don't need.

Remember, it'll be competing against Infinity War. It'll lose some.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2018 Posts: 7,972
    Howard is a class director with a superb reputation. He puts character and emotion at the heart of his movies (even when it would be tempting to focus on action and special effects - Rush, Apollo 13). Why would he take the project on if he thought it was a stinker?

The last scene in the trailer is key IMHO. Theres more emotion there, with chewi gently reaching out to Hans than in the whole of the last horrible installment. I think Howard will put their friendship at the centre of the movie and, I think it will be bigger than many of us predicted.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Looks horrendous for the most part. Casting looks all kinds of wrong to me. Glover looks as much like Lando as a guy from my old school who went as Lando for Halloween one year.

But hey, at least there's plenty of moody shots of Empire transports and ships. They're nice.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 4,599
    How many new fans will care about the old Lando? It's all about the dialogue, tone, story and the directing. These can easily overcome an actor not looking like the original.
    patb wrote: »
    How many new fans will care about the old Lando? It's all about the dialogue, tone, story and the directing. These can easily overcome an actor not looking like the original.

That's a fair point and I admit that I am not really one of the new fans so I guess it's just harder for me to accept it. Though not much else there seems to suggest anything other than a messy fan-fic.
    Iv'e trusted Howard since Parenthood . Give him a chance - he's earned it.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,105
    I was talking to my brother about this last night we watched Star Wars the new film is not aimed at us, it's capturing the imagination of a new generation. I watched the teaser again, I know it's a teaser though they are hiding Han.
    Iv'e trusted Howard since Parenthood . Give him a chance - he's earned it.

Howard, outside of the Dan Brown nonsense, has rarely let me down. He is reliable. If the film does turn out to be a turd, it won't be him I blame. He is not responsible for the circumstances under which it was made.
    Rush was good, personally Solo is something I as a fan I never wanted, if it connects with audiences Disney have a cash cow.
    To be fair, he is responsible for joining a project in full knowledge of the circumstances. If you want to be the new Captain of the sinking Titanic, best of luck.

Plenty of fans hated the concept of Rogue One and were happy to pre-judge it. Now they hold it in great respect compared to The Last Jedi. One respected the series, one did not. Howard will respect the series.

delete
    True I love Rogue One myself I'll try to be open minded with Solo, though I am not alone in that it's a film very few wanted.
    To be fair, he is responsible for joining a project in full knowledge of the circumstances. If you want to be the new Captain of the sinking Titanic, best of luck.

Quite right. I don't envy his position. If the film turns out well then he deserves a huge chunk of the credit after the mess the previous two left behind.
    Plenty of fans hated the concept of Rogue One and were happy to pre-judge it. Now they hold it in great respect compared to The Last Jedi. One respected the series, one did not. Howard will respect the series.

True. Rogue One was far easier to deal with off the bat, though. At least for me, personally. It focused on a story that people seemed interested in seeing. Not so much here, at least for a big chunk of people. I have every belief that Howard will do his best, I am just worried that even that may not be enough to salvage a bad idea that seemed doomed from the beginning featuring a cast that seem so out of place.

I will watch with curiosity over the next few months. Hopefully when the full trailer drops I'll be a bit more optimistic.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,686
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Wonder if C-3PO and R2-D2 will make an appearance.