Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    They should just cancel it ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Why? For those who loved TLJ, it's a chance to see where the franchise goes. For those who hated TLJ, it's a chance for TLJ to be retconned.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm already starting to get burnt out and I haven't even seen TLJ yet. I know it doesn't sound like a proper complaint but it's all too much right now. This trilogy and all the spinoffs then another upcoming trilogy and then a new series of films.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    @Agent007391
    I mean I was joking but in actuality I have no more investment in the sequel trilogy so all I care about is the spinoff films myself.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'm already starting to get burnt out and I haven't even seen TLJ yet. I know it doesn't sound like a proper complaint but it's all too much right now. This trilogy and all the spinoffs then another upcoming trilogy and then a new series of films.

This is why I do not want to see a Bondverse!
  • RC7RC7
    RogueAgent wrote: »

This is why I do not want to see a Bondverse!

Agree with you both. It’s getting ridiculous. I have faith that EON know that a ‘Bondverse’ is, in the long run, a woeful idea. Event movies every 3 years or so is perfectly workable and perfectly satisfactory.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Looking forward to it. I'll be sure to do a back to back with TFA once it drops.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Looking forward to it. I'll be sure to do a back to back with TFA once it drops.

I'm not terribly optimistic but I will watch it whenever it's available digitally. Heard a few things regarding it that sound horrible, but it could be because they're out of context.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If I find it, I guess I will buy it just for the sake of completion.
    bondjames wrote: »

I'm not terribly optimistic but I will watch it whenever it's available digitally. Heard a few things regarding it that sound horrible, but it could be because they're out of context.
    It's best to leave all expectations (including any one may have after viewing TFA) at home, because the film deliberately subverts everything set up in the earlier film. I enjoyed it, but it's as polarizing as SP was to the fan community.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Why? For those who loved TLJ, it's a chance to see where the franchise goes. For those who hated TLJ, it's a chance for TLJ to be retconned.

Agreed and for those complaining there's too much, no one's got a ppk pointed in your face forcing you to see these films.
    The one bit I'm excited to see was some shot of two characters fighting (seems to me to be a huge spoiler but the photo was shared everywhere) fighting some bad guys in a red room or something? The photo looked very cool, loved the usage of color. But then on the other hand, I hear about some 'Mary Poppins' scene that sounds goofy. Who knows, guess I'll find out in just a couple of weeks once it hits Vudu.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Why do people criticise Hayden Christensen and not Natalie Portman's acting too? They were both equally bad, yet one has the better career so the blame is heaped on the other? Doesn't seem fair.
    No one comes close to Christensen, at least not any human characters.
    Why do people criticise Hayden Christensen and not Natalie Portman's acting too? They were both equally bad, yet one has the better career so the blame is heaped on the other? Doesn't seem fair.
    No one comes close to Christensen, at least not any human characters.
    Both bloody useless in that series but I agree that Hayden truly is the bottom of the barrel (and yes, Jar Jar would have won if he were human). It was time for Lucas to hang it up after that epic miscalculation.

I've never been too keen on Portman either though. She has a tendency to be rather overdramatic.
    Christiansen did reduce the ultimate cool baddie Darth Vader in being an obnoxious git.

Which is the major downer in the whole prequel trilogy.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 8,087
    The prequels went out of their way to p&ss off original fans as much as possible, hardly his fault. Darth Vader was a bratty kid, the republic fell because of JarJar, it turns out Anakin and Obi Wan pretty much resented eachother most of the time instead of being dear chums and Yoda flipped around with a light saber. Not to mention the force actually has a scientific explanation.
    3:-O
    It's tough for me to tell sometimes what's worse in the prequels: the writing or the acting, or merely a bad combination of the two.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    McGregor was the only one who even came out of the prequels relatively unscathed, and that's because he managed to deliver his utterly awful dialogue with a cheeky smile instead of playing it straight like most of the cast had to.
  • He did become quite the meme though!

1r3fn3.jpgkd32xkxfa7hz.png

But I totally agree- I'm looking forward to his solo movie (if it's coming- hope!!!!)
    McGregor was the only one who even came out of the prequels relatively unscathed, and that's because he managed to deliver his utterly awful dialogue with a cheeky smile instead of playing it straight like most of the cast had to.

This is still pretty terrible, though:

edited February 2018 Posts: 8,087
    It's clear to me that Obi Wan should have been the main character of the prequels. The story was clearly about him, but because Darth Vader is so much more popular and familiar than Alec Guinness in the OT, the story is about him. That's the fundemental mistake they made. The whole 6 films tells Vader's story, while 1 - 3 should be about Ben, and 4 - 6 Luke. The "father/brother" and the son.
    3:-O
    Oh dear. Sickening. I hope never to see this sort of tripe in a SW film again.
    Can't say I'm dying for new movies, but I will say that I'm looking forward to the ones that come up with a completely new set of characters, locations, motives, etc. I'm sure staples of the series will be carried over, but I want it all to be as fresh as it can be. No more Death Stars, no Vader, no Skywalkers, none of it.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited February 2018 Posts: 9,117
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Christiansen did reduce the ultimate cool baddie Darth Vader in being an obnoxious git.

Shades of SP and a certain Christoph Waltz (although to be fair I hold the scriptwriters, producers and director more responsible than Christoph).

Shocking really that EON didn't learn anything from the mistakes of the prequels.
    McGregor, Neeson and McDiarmid were the best part about the prequels.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The prequels are a guilty pleasure for me, they are totally crazy movies.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 4,813
    Supposedly the Han Solo movie will also show the transition from Clone Troopers to human Stormtroopers!
    Happy Birthday, Ron Howard.