SPECTRE: It grossed $880 Million Worldwide (..and 2015 was the biggest box office year so far)

Comments

If GG was here, we would get a fast answer as to how the reception for SF was there. Would interest me. Do zhey love Bond in.general that much or is it Sp explicitely.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Come back @GG ...and you too @bondjasonbond006 :(
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 1,098
    Germanlady wrote: »
    If GG was here, we would get a fast answer as to how the reception for SF was there. Would interest me. Do zhey love Bond in.general that much or is it Sp explicitely.

Bond is very popular in the Netherlands, and the other Benelux country Belgium, and also very big in the Scandinavian countries Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland.

Bond is also very big in the Alpine countries, Switzerland and Austria.

All the above countries have had very big Box Office for Bond films.

SF did $25.1 mil in the Netherlands.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    edited December 2015 Posts: 1,984
    It's on track to become 4th or so as the highest grossing Bond film with adjustments for inflation, IIRC. It's just passed $820 million without much to go, so I don't really think it'll make it far past $850 million at best - not really sure if it would beat Inside Out. It will probably end up at 7th on the worldwide grossing list once The Force Awakens turns up in December - and because of TFA, yes, this will be the biggest year in film ever.

I don't expect Spectre to beat Skyfall, of course. It's facing stronger competition (much stronger, if anything), and it's not riding on 50th anniversary celebrations or a Bond cameo with the Queen at the Olympics.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited December 2015 Posts: 805
    Looking at those Box office Mojo figures, it can't have escaped EON's notice that Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation took about the same amount of money at the US box office as Spectre, and at a fraction of the production cost (SP's $245m v MI:RN's $150m).

Hopefully, this will force them to hire people now who know how to maximise the budget better and put more of the money on the screen, something I feel MI:RN did a much better job of than SP.

• edited December 2015 Posts: 389
    Looking at those Box office Mojo figures, it can't have escaped EON's notice that Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation took about the same amount of money at the US box office as Spectre, and at a fraction of the production cost (SP's $245m v MI:RN's $150m).

Hopefully, this will force them to hire people now who know how to maximise the budget better and put more of the money on the screen, something I feel MI:RN did a much better job of than SP.
    I love MI:RN, but IMHO SP looks much more expensive.
    By the way, I am not the most optimistic guy here, but I think SP will make 850+ million worldwide, as it made 28 million during the last week.
    I fear the days of Spectre in U. S. theatres is coming to an end. On Mon. Dec. 14th locally(big city), it's only on 1 screen with 3 showings at a 20 screen cinema and 1 with 2 showings at a 14 screen joint. On Friday, Dec. 18th, it disappears completely, with Star Wars taking up 19 of 20 and 13 of 14 screens.
  • I went to see SPECTRE one last time this past weekend. At the 18-screen theater I usually attend (suburb of a major U.S. city), it was one screen with five showings daily. I went to a 7:50 pm showing on Saturday, still decent attendance, but it was definitely not in the biggest theater (138 seats, mostly full but not jam packed).

On Thursday (when the evening showings of Star Wars start), it'll be down to three showings on that one screen (last showing at 4:35 pm).

If I'm reading the listings for Friday correctly, every screen will be showing Star Wars.

• I went to see SPECTRE one last time this past weekend. At the 18-screen theater I usually attend (suburb of a major U.S. city), it was one screen with five showings daily. I went to a 7:50 pm showing on Saturday, still decent attendance, but it was definitely not in the biggest theater (138 seats, mostly full but not jam packed).

On Thursday (when the evening showings of Star Wars start), it'll be down to three showings on that one screen (last showing at 4:35 pm).

If I'm reading the listings for Friday correctly, every screen will be showing Star Wars.

I saw SP yesterday afternoon in a theater in a mid-sized city in west Texas. It was showing on one screen, thrice daily, and attendance was quite good. Almost as close to capacity as it was on opening night.

• Looking at those Box office Mojo figures, it can't have escaped EON's notice that Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation took about the same amount of money at the US box office as Spectre, and at a fraction of the production cost (SP's $245m v MI:RN's $150m).

But it probably also can't have escaped EON's notice that SP took in $140 million more, and counting, than MI at the international box office. Let's not forget that MI used to dominate Bond; MI handily beat Goldeneye, and MI2 destroyed TWINE. America is no longer as all-important to a film's success as it used to be.
    Actual SP box office figures for the UK (slightly down on estimated)

Running total = $139.5m (£92m)

film is still expected to overtake Avatar's £94 m.

So will, Bond be No.1 & 2 on the UK, all-time list (non-adjusted), or will SW7 catch up with SP before it reaches Avatar's total?
    mepal1 wrote: »
    Actual SP box office figures for the UK (slightly down on estimated)

Running total = $139.5m (£92m)

film is still expected to overtake Avatar's £94 m.

So will, Bond be No.1 & 2 on the UK, all-time list (non-adjusted), or will SW7 catch up with SP before it reaches Avatar's total?

If u make it into dollars then Avatar made: 150m in UK

The actuals of SPECTRE in the US this weekend were slightly higher then the estimates.
    It earned $4,045,109, 45k higher then estimates woohoo
    The actuals of SPECTRE in the US this weekend were slightly higher then the estimates.
    It earned $4,045,109, 45k higher then estimates woohoo

I saw that too, but i didn't want to be a smart ass, and post that info here.

:D
    Its sad, they now steal away the screens, when there is still interest. SW certainly aint a blessing. :(
    Its sad, they now steal away the screens, when there is still interest. SW certainly aint a blessing. :(

True, and i can't believe the public will only have interest in seeing SW7 only, over the next few weeks.

• RC7RC7

You must give the name of your occultist, failing that the VFX artists who created the bike chase from Road Rash.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    RC7 wrote: »
    You must give the name of your occultist
    Emeric Belasco.*

*see: Legend Of Hell House
  • RC7RC7
    chrisisall wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    You must give the name of your occultist
    Emeric Belasco.*

*see: Legend Of Hell House

Ha ha! Bloody predictive text. Thanks for making me chuckle.

True, and i can't believe the public will only have interest in seeing SW7 only, over the next few weeks.

I know, in Germany, it wont be like this. SW maybe on 2 screens and the rest for the other films in our Multiplex.

• edited December 2015 Posts: 2,015
    SW premieres tomorrow in France (Europe gets it first !). No more possibility to buy SP tickets for tomorrow on in all the big Paris theaters I checked. I don't know if it means SP totally disappears, or if they just wait to see how many screens they may give to SW.

SP will probably end with 40% less than SF. Same ratio as in the US.

At the Grand Rex theater (where CR premiered), Wed is full, except for the 3:30am viewing !
    Sp certainly lost a great deal in France due to the attacks. It started better then SF and then many lost their appetite, which is understandable.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 2,015
    I posted it even before the attacks : the "first day record opening" was in fact a fake record, they simply released the movie on Tuesday, and counted the "opening day" as Tuesday+Wednesday.

This is sign of the times : without this way of twisting the data, SP would be a success here anyway (#4 in the end ?), but, no, they need a "record" somewhere for public relations...

I know, in Germany, it wont be like this. SW maybe on 2 screens and the rest for the other films in our Multiplex.

Here in Hamburg Star Wars is on almost every screen. Spectre only gets 3 screenings a Day while Star Wars gets 21.
    I remember in Jan 2013 and I was still able to catch a screening of SF on the big screen here in Dublin. It was still showing in cinemas around then.

However SP seems to be winding down on it's theatrical run now. Maybe it's because of Star Wars, but it's dropping from cinemas fast here which is a shame. It just doesn't have the same legs that SF has.
    Well, SF didnt have the disadvantage of a monster hitting the screens. Its ridiculous really. Seems they have decided to wipe out everything else. I wished, it had had at least another week.

Spectre is doing really well, if we take into account the weaker money rates, no anniversary, the leaks, the terror, and now SW, which will just cut off further earnings, it would have had surely.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Such is life.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Such is life.

Yup, but I dont have to like it. ;)
    Great to see SP is now over £820 Million. All films will be smashed once SW opens this week, but i still think it will top £850 Million!
  • RC7RC7
    £800m+ is fantastic for a Bond. After 53 years, it's massively impressive. Anyone who thinks otherwise can come back to me when Minions and JP 24 are grossing those figures.