Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

Are you kidding? The Phantom Menace. Worst. Title. Ever.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The Darkness Within stood out for me too when first reading that list. The others are very poor. There is still time to come up with a better one, mind.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 9,773
    if ANY of these are chosen then there is no reason The Hildebrand Rarity can't be the title for bond 24 as we can all agree is better then this rubbish

I just found out how to edit the title ala JWESTBROOK man wish I knew this little trick sooner
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Actually, The Phantom Menace was a good title. The problem with it is that it's tied to a bad movie. Attack of the Clones is a stupid title.
  • Risico007 wrote:
    if ANY of these are chosen then there is no reason The Hildebrand Rarity can't be the title for bond 24 as we can all agree is better then this rubbish

By that logic a film in the same vein of Die Another Day would've been fine because I think we can all agree it was better than Batman and Robin.

An extreme example but you get my point.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    "The Blackest Hour"

Is "Blackest" even a real word? :-/
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Why title the thread, Man of Steel: Battle the Knight? There's no official title yet.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 12,837
    They should just call it Batman vs Superman. Much better title than any of those.

Actually, The Phantom Menace was a good title. The problem with it is that it's tied to a bad movie. Attack of the Clones is a stupid title.

No I'm sorry. It was a s*** title long before the movie came out. You weren't there in '98 when the title was announced. It was first thought to be a prank until the realisation dawned on us all that Lucas was actually being serious. Very few people tried to defend that title back then (other than some seriously die-hard fans). The movie certainly exacerbated things though, you're right about that.
    They should just call it Batman vs Superman. Much better title than any of those.

Agreed
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Why title the thread, Man of Steel: Battle the Knight? There's no official title yet.

Sorry as Carver would say "I'm having fun with my titles"
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Whew, those are really, really terrible.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Yes, I think "Batman vs. Superman" as a title is clearly the best way to get butts in seats. I'm still holding out for "World's Finest," however.
    'Batman: Knight Of Dark And Superman: Man Of Vengeance Steel Fury Within The Darkness' Finest Hour.'

I can do it, too, WB.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

No I'm sorry. It was a s*** title long before the movie came out. You weren't there in '98 when the title was announced. It was first thought to be a prank until the realisation dawned on us all that Lucas was actually being serious. Very few people tried to defend that title back then (other than some seriously die-hard fans). The movie certainly exacerbated things though, you're right about that.

Actually, I was there. I was eight years old, but I was there. But, honestly The Phantom Menace is a far better title than Attack of the Clones, which just sounds like a 50s Z-movie.

Actually, I was there. I was eight years old, but I was there. But, honestly The Phantom Menace is a far better title than Attack of the Clones, which just sounds like a 50s Z-movie.

You may have been 8 years old (and yes I was aware of that already), but believe me you most certainly "weren't there". You couldn't possibly have any idea about the s***tstorm Lucas created when The Phantom Menace was announced, much like the same way that I didn't have a clue about the rivalry between OP and NSNA back in '83.

Your use of the phrase "Z-List" is precisely the same one fans, critics and magazines used to describe The Phantom Menace back then.
  • Damnit, I logged on for the first time since yesterday and saw '20 new posts' and thought for sure it meant they released a picture of Ben in costume :-L

That said, I thought 'Batman vs Superman' would have been an awesome title. Can't get more to-the-point than that!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Let's hope they don't miss the opportunity to call it 'Krypton Knight' ;)
    QBranch wrote:

Utter crap... I want "World's Finest".
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm surprised there isn't Superman: Into Darkness. =))
    Man of Steel: Transformers 4. Technically, it's available.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    QBranch wrote:

The public won't know what the hell "World's Finest" is or even means, sadly. The title will be one of the listed names, I'm sure.
    All it takes is one person who knows what "World's Finest" means to post it on Facebook or Twitter and the "public" will know what it means. They can't do a g*ddamn Wikipedia search, or anything, but once Facebook knows, the world knows.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    QBranch wrote:

The public won't know what the hell "World's Finest" is or even means, sadly. The title will be one of the listed names, I'm sure.

Why not? It isn't rocket science: The World's Finest. Our world, earth, and our finest heroes, Superman and Batman. It makes a helluva lot more sense than most of the domain titles.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    QBranch wrote:

Why not? It isn't rocket science: The World's Finest. Our world, earth, and our finest heroes, Superman and Batman. It makes a helluva lot more sense than most of the domain titles.

Neither is 'Quantum of Solace,' but a lot of people loathed it because it "didn't make sense." Those domain titles just seem like generic fillers, as if film makers just reach into a hat and pick out bland, typical subtitles for their films.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    QBranch wrote:

Neither is 'Quantum of Solace,' but a lot of people loathed it because it "didn't make sense." Those domain titles just seem like generic fillers, as if film makers just reach into a hat and pick out bland, typical subtitles for their films.

Exactly. I get sick of people saying "Oh, casual moviegoers won't know what that means, so that title won't be chosen." A film should not have to dumb itself down or become more palatable in any way just to cater to a percentage of people who aren't familiar with the characters or universe.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Hopefully these are all sockpuppet domains so WB can buy and hide the real one.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 40,490
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, right, and if the title really does annoy them because it "doesn't make sense," let them simmer in their own stupidity for not understanding certain words or the origin of a subtitle. A film is permanent, you can't just go back and change it years down the road, so make it what you want and don't dumb it down for anyone.

@Murdock, sadly, I'm guessing it's one of those domain names just to leave everyone guessing. Me? I couldn't care less, they're all terrible choices.
    And then when the first trailer comes out, the title becomes "Grand Heroes" or something like that.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    QBranch wrote:

Exactly. I get sick of people saying "Oh, casual moviegoers won't know what that means, so that title won't be chosen." A film should not have to dumb itself down or become more palatable in any way just to cater to a percentage of people who aren't familiar with the characters or universe.
    Just like 'Licence Revoked'.... :)

Batman vs Superman or World's Finest would make me smile. As long as it's not 'Man of Steel 2', lol No way-- not with BATMAN in it