Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

What source? She's got the look, although her accent would be weird to hear from Wonder Woman
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That article has it wrong, because Radcliffe isn't starring in 'The Angel of Death.'

Wonderfully fantastic news about 'Sherlock Holmes 3,' though. I'm always happy to hear an update, and if it is currently being penned, I'm one excited person.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The writer, Drew Pearce, will have to finish the next Mission: Impossible first, so another Sherlock Holmes could be quite a way away even if he does have more than ideas down on a page.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So, wait, Iron Man 3's co-writer is doing Mission Impossible 5 and Sherlock Holmes 3?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Yes.

Iron Man 3 was his first film and since then, he's on a roll. He has also done rewrites on Pacific Rim and Godzilla.
    I'm not a big fan of the Sherlock Holmes films but I'm looking forward to MI5. I hope that Jeremy Renner is in it. He's rumoured to be in it according to IMDB.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I thought Renner was fine in MI4.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I loved MI4 just in general. It was a perfect blend of funny and serious.
    I felt Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol was awesome.
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote:
    I felt Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol was awesome.

I didn't catch it at the cinema, I saw it later on Blu-Ray, but at the time my friend insisted 'This is how they should be making Bond movies'.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 2,598
    I think Ghost Protocol is either my favourite or second favourite in the series after the first Mission Impossible film. I've only seen MI4 once which was back when it was in the cinema so I'd have to see it again. Damn, that was almost two years ago. How time flies.

I wonder if Cruise will have short hair in MI5. :) He always alternates between short and longer hair for each film.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 1,407
    Good news about Sherlock Holmes. Those films are very entertaining. Also I find it interesting that it notes that Chris Nolan is testing Olga for WW. Maybe his exec. producer role isn't as reduced as we thought.
    Go Olga!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Here's interesting set of Q&As with Snyder and some of the cast from MoS all hosted by one of my favorite people on the planet, Kevin Smith:

http://movies.yahoo.com/man-of-steel-live/

It's worth checking out, as it brings up discussions on some of the film's more controversial sequences, and hints a few things about the sequel.
    Christian Bale gives advice to Ben Affleck, and talks about the ever-so-awesome Batkid and the amazing day he head in San Francisco last week:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111508
  • Not sure how they're planning to approach this film. As far as a fight between the two it's like a mortal fighting a god. Not really remotely fair unless Batman has kryptonite on him. Batman vs Ironman or Spiderman might be a better matchup. However this will probably have them as foes because of some misunderstanding and by the end of the film they're both reconciled.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Coldfinger wrote:
    Not sure how they're planning to approach this film. As far as a fight between the two it's like a mortal fighting a god. Not really remotely fair unless Batman has kryptonite on him. Batman vs Ironman or Spiderman might be a better matchup. However this will probably have them as foes because of some misunderstanding and by the end of the film they're both reconciled.

You're right, it isn't a fair fight...

...for Superman, that is.
    Coldfinger wrote:
    Not sure how they're planning to approach this film. As far as a fight between the two it's like a mortal fighting a god. Not really remotely fair unless Batman has kryptonite on him. Batman vs Ironman or Spiderman might be a better matchup. However this will probably have them as foes because of some misunderstanding and by the end of the film they're both reconciled.

I think that's the funniest thing about Batman and Superman: one's an immortal super human; the other is a very well-trained natural human, but Batman can easily hold his own against Superman, and often times even beat him.
    Coldfinger wrote:

I think that's the funniest thing about Batman and Superman: one's an immortal super human; the other is a very well-trained natural human, but Batman can easily hold his own against Superman, and often times even beat him.

Yes, in a room full of god-like beings, the mortal is the greatest of them all. Batman is my favorite hero, and has been for as long as I can remember. He has been extremely fortunate to have minds like Bill Finger, Frank Miller, Denny O'Neil, Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, Nolan and his team and many more working on him to bring him to such a level of greatness.
    I can't wait to see Ben Afleck own the role.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I can't wait to see Ben Afleck own the role.

+1 I'm absolutely sure that he can pull of Batman!
    Agreed Affleck will be perfect
    I think Affleck will be amazing. I hope it's the same case with Ledger taking on the Joker: SO many people trash-talked him: "how kan some britsh guy plai joker? hes gunna do terible."

Someone made a fat collage of all the nasty tweets and comments when Ledger signed on to play the Joker. Now? Countless renditions and takes on all of his scenes in TDK by fans on YouTube. Not saying the same will happen here, but I hope Affleck will blow everyone off their feet. Don't think of Affleck's 'Daredevil'/'Gigli' days, think of 'Gone Baby Gone'/'The Town'/'Argo' Affleck. That's what we're getting.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 2,598
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I think Affleck will be amazing. I hope it's the same case with Ledger taking on the Joker: SO many people trash-talked him: "how kan some britsh guy plai joker? hes gunna do terible."

Someone made a fat collage of all the nasty tweets and comments when Ledger signed on to play the Joker. Now? Countless renditions and takes on all of his scenes in TDK by fans on YouTube. Not saying the same will happen here, but I hope Affleck will blow everyone off their feet. Don't think of Affleck's 'Daredevil'/'Gigli' days, think of 'Gone Baby Gone'/'The Town'/'Argo' Affleck. That's what we're getting.

Heath Ledger is an Australian. ;)

It amazes me how some of the general public with no experience in the industry think that they are experts on how badly they think an actor is going to perform in a certain role.

I remember when Daniel Craig was cast in the role of James Bond. It seemed like I was one of the very few people at the time who believed he'd do a good job.

As for Affleck, I'm not crazy about this guy's acting (but then I haven't seen all his films either) so I don't feel 100% confident that he'll be wonderful in the role but at the same time I'm far from just writing him off either.

How can people be so negative about someone before they've even seen the results?
    @Bounine, I'm quoting others, not myself, obviously. And I agree, who are we to judge that harshly when we have no idea how they'll perform? Just like all of the DC haters when he was revving up to do CR, and look how well he performed.
    looks like Mods will have to change the title

http://batman-news.com/2013/11/21/warner-bros-registers-domain-names-possible-batman-vs-superman-titles/

•Man of Steel: Battle the Knight
    •Man of Steel: Beyond Darkness
    •Man of Steel: Black of Knight
    •Man of Steel: Darkness Falls
    •Man of Steel: Knight Falls
    •Man of Steel: Shadow of the Night
    •Man of Steel: The Blackest Hour
    •Man of Steel: The Darkness Within

wow these are just all bad.. thoughts?

the least bad would be either

•Man of Steel: Knight Falls
    •Man of Steel: Shadow of the Night

the rest are just bland and weird. I get Batman vs superman is simplistic but my god
    I hope none of those go through. except maybe The Darkness Within, that sounds decent.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Agreed. They're all rubbish. They look like they were dreamt up a 9 year old. Or George Lucas.
    C'mon, even George Lucas does better than that.