Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I hope they leave Batman's origin alone entirely. There are great moments in the DCAU Justice League cartoon where somebody said to Batman "I lost my parents, but I guess you wouldn't know how that feels" or something along those lines, and Batman simply stands there stoicly and says nothing. We need moments like that in this film, where Bruce simply doesn't trust Sups enough to tell him anything about his past.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    As this film will be showing us a more experienced Batman from the start, there won't be an origin story and we'll just be expected to know it, or not, and go from there.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    And this batman has no continuity relation to Nolan's batman so, @mybody, I suggest you come to terms with that fact sooner rather than later.
    I am curious what Affleck will do with a solo batman film
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Risico007 wrote:
    I am curious what Affleck will do with a solo batman film

Nothing, apparently, since he's diving right into 'Batman Vs. Superman.' Curious as to if he will get a solo film after that, same with Cavill for Superman.
    Jett who runs batman on film believes Affleck will write direct and star in a solo batman film
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 1,407
    It actually concerns me with how many people (not just on this thread, but on others) don't seem to grasp that Nolan's trilogy is done and this will be a new Batman. You'd think in this day and age of reboots, it'd be easier to understand. I remember reading a negative review of The Dark Knight that blasted the movie because Joker and Batman already met and fought in Batman 89. Hopefully when this film comes out, it'll be made clear
    Risico007 wrote:
    Jett who runs batman on film believes Affleck will write direct and star in a solo batman film

He's a very trustworthy source. His website is fantastic. I would bet on Affleck directing the next one
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondbat007 wrote:
    It actually concerns me with how many people (not just on this thread, but on others) don't seem to grasp that Nolan's trilogy is done and this will be a new Batman. You'd think in this day and age of reboots, it'd be easier to understand. I remember reading a negative review of The Dark Knight that blasted the movie because Joker and Batman already met and fought in Batman 89. Hopefully when this film comes out, it'll be made clear

Are you sure it wasn't just a joke review? I mean, how do you not realize it is a new series with new takes on the character when Joker is
    suddenly alive again
    , Batman all of a sudden hates the idea of guns or killing, and Alfred doesn't let random women Bruce has known for only a day or two into the Batcave? You'd think it would be obvious.
    Some older reviewers are clueless. I think the one negative review Toy Story 3 got was from a guy who claimed Ham the piggy bank was the bad guy.
    If there will be a new series of Batman films starring Affleck, I wonder if they'll maintain that darker more serious tone like MOS. I hope they won't be as comical as the original Batman films with Carrey, Clooney etc.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 63
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Some older reviewers are clueless.
    Come come, my dear, let's not be ageist. Most reviewers are clueless.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Bounine wrote:
    If there will be a new series of Batman films starring Affleck, I wonder if they'll maintain that darker more serious tone like MOS. I hope they won't be as comical as the original Batman films with Carrey, Clooney etc.

They're likely to keep the dark/serious tone, since this is a sequel. Plus, no one wants a resurgence of the Joel Schumacher films.
    Having seen The man of steel recently, I would advise Ben Affleck to get away from this production as fast as possible as it would only hurt his carreer.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 2,598
    Bounine wrote:

They're likely to keep the dark/serious tone, since this is a sequel. Plus, no one wants a resurgence of the Joel Schumacher films.

Hope so. I also hope that the MOS sequel along with the new Bat series are an improvement on MOS. I was a bit disappointed with this film. I was hoping to see more of Clark's childhood like in the Christopher Reeve film. There was also too much action or at least at the end.

In my local Blockbuster they're selling off second hand DVD's that have all been tested. They have the four original Superman films for sale for around 10 pounds. I'm wondering if I should get them. I've always enjoyed them. I've seen them all around three times.
    Bounine wrote:
    In my local Blockbuster they're selling off second hand DVD's that have all been tested. They have the four original Superman films for sale for around 10 pounds. I'm wondering if I should get them. I've always enjoyed them. I've seen them all around three times.

A tenner is a steal for at least to decent movies and a third that has it great moments. The fourth makes for a great toaster to put your drink on while watching the first three movies. ;)
    edited November 2013 Posts: 7,854
    Is that apiece, or all together? If that's ten apiece, I'm sure you could get them all for that price in a collection, and newer.

And Sup4 is way better than 3.
    I agree that 4 is better than 3 because at least Superman is not treated like a joke (intentionally) in 4. That film is worth having just to watch the film with the excellent commentary from one of the writers. You really get a sense that the film was made with the best intentions, sadly it was just financed by a terrible company. The writer described it as them "stabbing Chris Reeve in the back".
    Is that apiece, or all together? If that's ten apiece, I'm sure you could get them all for that price in a collection, and newer.

For all four of them. I might get them seeing they're so cheap. I saw them on Tuesday so they may have already been snatched. I'll ring them and find out.

• edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Bounine wrote:

For all four of them. I might get them seeing they're so cheap. I saw them on Tuesday so they may have already been snatched. I'll ring them and find out.

You can buy all four of them for £6 in CEX.

http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=7321900746205#.UnQ0zHDwmSo
    Are they new or second hand?
    Second hand.
    http://batman-news.com/2013/11/01/jaimie-alexander-confirms-batman-vs-superman-talks/

Interesting I am ok with this but as a batman fan I am a little annoyed that again we are getting marvels sloppy seconds
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    No!! I wanted Jamie Alexander cast as a Bond girl for Bond 24.
    Who says she can't? She's now playing Lady Sif in Thor, and might be the next Wonder Woman (I'm betting the film will be titled Amazon Warrior, or something like that, if it's not just outright called Wonder Woman). I bet she could push in Bond 24 at the same time.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I hope this is all true. Jamie would be a fantastic Wonder Woman.
    Do you think they might actually have her play Wonder Woman in Batman v's Superman?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It's possible. There have been rumours of exactly that happening.
    It'd obviously be to set up a future, potential Wonder Woman flick.
    I used to watch the re-runs of the 1970's Wonder Woman series back in the 80's when I was a kid:

Our very own Camile aka Olga (I would butcher her last name) is up for Wonder Woman