Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    It would appear that they wanted him for Robin, according to Bieber himself. People involved in the making of the film claim that Bieber won't be anywhere near this production. Is old Justin suffering from delusions of grandeur? Never mind, the answer to that is obvious. Let me rephrase. Could it be that his career is taking a turn in the wrong direction and he now needs things that put him back in the spotlights? Tattoos, drunk driving, fake movie rumours? If he wants to impress us, why not get a college degree?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:
    It would appear that they wanted him for Robin, according to Bieber himself. People involved in the making of the film claim that Bieber won't be anywhere near this production. Is old Justin suffering from delusions of grandeur? Never mind, the answer to that is obvious. Let me rephrase. Could it be that his career is taking a turn in the wrong direction and he now needs things that put him back in the spotlights? Tattoos, drunk driving, fake movie rumours? If he wants to impress us, why not get a college degree?

That's usually how it goes. His fans only care that he's in the spotlight, not what he does. Look at Miley: sweet, wholesome, Disney show, did some 'fun' music that her fans enjoyed, and now she's in tight leotards shaking her body along stages, smoking pot and being controversial. They hit that age, they have to get your attention somehow, sadly.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited September 2013 Posts: 16,334
    I'm sure after his guest starring role on CSI, everybody saw how terrible he was as an actor. But in all seriousness, Bieber is grasping at Straws for any form of attention at this point seeing as his popularity is quickly dwindling into oblivion.

But Bieber does share a resemblance to This Robin, Carrie Kelly from the Dark Knight Returns. =))
    Robin1.jpg
    justin-bieber-2012-justin-bieber-32132140-2000-2000.jpg
    If I had zero clue of who Bieber was, @Murdock, I would safely assume that latter picture is a woman.

Goyer talked about Superman in a ComingSoon.net article. It's on the front page if anyone wants to check it out, but be aware, it contains spoilers for the ending of 'Man of Steel,' if you've yet to see it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Even knowing who Bieber is, I still think it's a woman. Bieber's a bigger drama queen than my cousin, who once declared herself the Queen of Kansas.
    Who is Justin Bieber? Was he the guy who played Arielle in that Disney animation, and Wesley Crusher in TNG?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    boldfinger wrote:
    Who is Justin Bieber? Was he the guy who played Arielle in that Disney animation, and Wesley Crusher in TNG?

Oh, c'mon! Wesley was a better character than Justin Bieber is!
    Hasn't this been confirmed as a "Funny or Die" prank? Just to stir the pot after all of the Ben Affleck drama
    Bieber is NOT in the movie

Cranston I hear is though we shall see.
    Bieber is an idiot! He does not deserve an opportunity to star in any movie let alone this one. He is a L-)
    Goyer is quoted as saying "we're further along then fans think" I figure next month the news will poor in.
    Risico007 wrote:
    Goyer is quoted as saying "we're further along then fans think" I figure next month the news will poor in.

So then... they have a possible notion of an inkling of an idea of the possibility of a plot.
    Risico007 wrote:

So then... they have a possible notion of an inkling of an idea of the possibility of a plot.

uhm they have the script done Filming begins in Febuary

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    The shooting commenced yesterday. They filmed a football scene where the match is between the University of Metropolis and The University of Gotham.

We all know what happend last time a football game appeared in a Batman film...
    There's Christopher Nolan, killing even more football players.

On a related note: that one football player in TDKR had the luckiest touchdown imaginable.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

On a related note: that one football player in TDKR had the luckiest touchdown imaginable.
    The player was Hines Ward.

Didn't know that, though I don't watch football whatsoever, so I don't really know who he is.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

Didn't know that, though I don't watch football whatsoever, so I don't really know who he is.

Neither do I, but I'm from Pennsylvania, and since a lot of people root for the Steelers here (including my parents), I hear his name and number a lot. You just pick up on stuff like that very quickly when it is always on TV or being discussed.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 4,813
    I've decided Ben Affleck has the potential to be great- as long as he takes it seriously and isn't just being 'Ben Affleck'
    With him, Henry Cavill and (hopefully) Timothy Dalton on board as Alfred I have a new movie to look forward to!

worlds-finest-poster.jpg
    I'd love if the film ends up being called World's Finest.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 9,784
    Well Wb keeps referring to the film as Batman vs Superman

http://screenrant.com/batman-superman-mission-impossible-5-start-dates-2014-2015/
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 2,598
    I can't help but feel a little less than positive about this film due to Affleck being cast as Batman. His acting just seems so dead pan. It's too bad that Josh Brolin turned down the role. He would have been fantastic I reckon.

I wonder if they'll be any referral to how Wayne left Gotham at the end of TDKR. If so, I wonder what the story will be regarding his return to the good old US of A. Or, will they just disregard what happened at the end of TDKR and make no mention of it?

In terms of MI5, I really hope that Jeremy Renner returns. It would be nice if Simon Pegg returned too.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Bounine wrote:
    I wonder if they'll be any referral to how Wayne left Gotham at the end of TDKR. If so, I wonder what the story will be regarding his return to the good old US of A. Or, will they just disregard what happened at the end of TDKR and make no mention of it?

It won't be part of the plot. Nolan's films are their own thing. A separate self-contained story.

We don't yet know what this more experienced Batman has been up to or how he comes into the story but however it happens it should be the springboard for a great film.
    I still think Batman should have gotten his own solo films before he was introduced here, but we'll see how it plays out. I am still hoping for World's Finest as a title, as I can't think why Batman and Superman would face off with each other in a versus film. I can only see it happening if the filmmakers go the route of The Dark Knight Returns, have the United States outlaw vigilantism heroics, and make Superman a government lackey who is tasked with stopping Batman, who refuses to stop fighting.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that's my complaint, that they're jumping into this without giving this new Batman a few films of his own, and while I loved MoS, it's just one introductory film until he jumps into facing off against Batman. I just think it's rushed, is all - I'm sure the film will be great and entertaining, I just wanted a better buildup to all of this.
    Yeah, I think that it would have been good to have had at least two new Bat films with Affleck in the role before he meets Kent in order to get to know this new Batman better...not a reboot either though. Even though Nolan's films were entirely separate, having another origin story just isn't necessary. It would be over play.

I think that there should be some brief dialogue in this film about how Wayne/Batman has left Gotham once, twice or several times and hung up his cape but has always returned because he is needed. Just a subtle hint at what happened at the end of TDKR.
    Bounine wrote:
    Yeah, I think that it would have been good to have had at least two new Bat films with Affleck in the role before he meets Kent in order to get to know this new Batman better...not a reboot either though. Even though Nolan's films were entirely separate, having another origin story just isn't necessary. It would be over play.

I think that there should be some brief dialogue in this film about how Wayne/Batman has left Gotham once, twice or several times and hung up his cape but has always returned because he is needed. Just a subtle hint at what happened at the end of TDKR.
    But this Batman won't be connected to the Nolan films. It wouldn't make any sense to have them connected as they are two separate takes on the character. These new films will feature a less grounded, more comic book style approach to the characters, whereas Nolan's world was more realistic. I mean, once the JLA film comes around we may even see Batman, Superman and the whole team fighting alien beings.
    I was under the impression that Batman v's Superman would be somewhat grounded in reality though as that was the road that MOS went down. You could see the Nolan influence here. I understand there being no connection though, as much as I would like there to be. If Bat v Sup is more comical then I guess no connection would be for the best.
    Bounine wrote:
    I was under the impression that Batman v's Superman would be somewhat grounded in reality though as that was the road that MOS went down. You could see the Nolan influence here. I understand there being no connection though, as much as I would like there to be. If Bat v Sup is more comical then I guess no connection would be for the best.

Considering
    all the stuff we saw that was capable on Krypton (including that weird body of water that held all the babies in it), the massive destruction that alien craft thingy did to Metropolis when Zod is attempting to shift the gravity of earth, and the fact that Clark shows up to work at the Daily Planet like nothing ever happened not long after the climax (when in reality most of that part of the city was wreckage),
    the film isn't that grounded, and much more comic book in style.
    Yes, I suppose you have a point there. LOL.