Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I think a great story is basically what we need. The Sarah Connor Chronicles Series brought TV quality in terms of production design but told a few amazing stories which I hope will somehow be further explored (though I sincerely doubt that will happen). For that reason alone I rank it higher than Salvation even though the latter one quite frankly looked better. I have read several of those Dark Horse / Infinity / idw Terminator comics and some of them tell stories that perfectly fit the Cameron Terminator universe and are in and by themselves just superb stories. There were opportunities to continue in the Cameron universe and do it well. But T3 and Salvation more or less blew all chances.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I read somewhere that T5 will have the feel of the original, and elsewhere, T2. Either way, I've got a really good feeling about this film.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,945
    Big Love and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters actor Douglas Smith lands a mystery role in Terminator Genesis:

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/07/douglas-smith-lands-mystery-role-terminator-genesis.html
    So that image from before:

Terminator_5_Leather_Jacket-450x500.jpg

may not be from Terminator 5 after all. I just came across this:

Terminator_5_black_Jacket-800x800.jpg

Looks like it might just be Arnold's own jacket. I hope so, I didn't like it anyway, lol
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Master_Dahark, good find! I know we were discussing it, and I hope that's the case, because I really don't care for it, either.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Who says he's not just wearing his costume in public? Viggo Mortenson carried his sword around all the damn time during LOTR's filming.
    And Robert Davi pretended to be a fearsome drug lord during the production of LTK. Apparently he gave a few locals in a restaurant the time of their life.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This is why I love method actors. They stay in character for the entire duration of a film production. :)
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,490
    Yeah, that's true. I love those behind-the-scenes stories of actors staying in costume or character. I think I read something about Derek Mears (Jason Vorhees in the F13 reboot) heading back to his trailer during a break from shooting the aforementioned movie. He was in full costume - mask, machete, everything - but his trailer was a little ways away so he had to cut through the woods. He apparently ran into a man going for a nightly walk and when the man asked him a question, he just stopped, stood, and stared at him.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Back on the original Dawn of the Dead, the zombies would go to McDonalds in full make up.
    The official title of 'Terminator 5' is now 'Terminator: Genisys':

http://www.slashfilm.com/terminator-genisys-arnold-schwarzenegger/
    I kind of like that title. It could be considered silly but I like it, quite a "byte". ;-)
    They spelled it wrong. I'm not seeing it now. ;)
    He'll be bach.
    *shudders* I keep seeing it and thinking 'Who spelled it wrong?'

Oh well, if the movie delivers, they could name it 'Danny Devito's Nipples' for all I care. Though that may not be a title I'd care to show off in my collection...
    Now we can officially call him Ahnold. ;)
    The new title is kinda bullshyt ;)
    The new title is kinda bullshyt ;)

I'm not sure why they wanted to add such an odd twyst to the title. ;)
    You mean tytle.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 40,490
    You mean tytle.

That y do. Sylly me!

It's sat with me for a few hours. I really don't like the change, why did they find that necessary?
    They asked for these jokes.
    Yes, it looks silly, but I'm not fazed. The film will rock either way.
    The movie'll probably be great, but the title is just stupid.
    What the hell is that title all about? :-q
    GENISYS!?! Planet forbidden!
    Zyge+D'Gotha+a+Devacryl.jpg
    Beyng stupyd, apparently.
    The Terminator films were always interested in some linguistic follies. After all, we did get:

- Sa'ah Conno'?
    - **, ahsssholl!

;-)
    edited August 2014 Posts: 7,854
    So, you're blaming the visible, written title change on Arnold's Austrian-ness? Interesting...

EDIT: Dammit, some user on IGN brought up the theory that Genisys might be combined words meaning Generation I System, which, sadly, might make sense.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »
    GENISYS!?! Planet forbidden!
    Zyge+D'Gotha+a+Devacryl.jpg

Hahahahaha. @Murdock, you rock. =))