Star Trek (1966 - present)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Agreed. I wonder how Bryan Cranston would have done as Krall. He was their original choice over Idris Elba.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,376
    Murdock wrote: »
    Agreed. I wonder how Bryan Cranston would have done as Krall. He was their original choice over Idris Elba.

Being older Cranston may have brought more weight to Krall, though I think Elba does a good job with his limited screen time.

I always wanted a film with Gary Mitchell in the Kelvin timeline

Being older Cranston may have brought more weight to Krall, though I think Elba does a good job with his limited screen time.

Before Into Darkness was released that's who I thought Cumberbatch was playing since he was wearing the generic Black Starfleet undershirt. I even came across this fan image of Cumberbatch as Gary Mitchell.
    benedict_cumberbatch_as_gary_mitchell_by_skinnyglasses-d5ncm7f.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Before Into Darkness was released that's who I thought Cumberbatch was playing since he was wearing the generic Black Starfleet undershirt. I even came across this fan image of Cumberbatch as Gary Mitchell.
    benedict_cumberbatch_as_gary_mitchell_by_skinnyglasses-d5ncm7f.jpg

I remember JJ attempt at miss direction it did not work, if they promoted Cumberbatch as Khan the film may have done a little better. I hoped Cumberbatch was playing Mitchell, an arc into madness consumed by power would have been interesting and Cumberbatch could've pulled it off. Plus Carol Marcus in Into Darkness looks suspiciously like Dr Elizabeth Dehner from Where No Man Has Gone Before, which seems to have been a early miss direct.
    I remember JJ attempt at miss direction it did not work, if they promoted Cumberbatch as Khan the film may have done a little better. I hoped Cumberbatch was playing Mitchell, an arc into madness consumed by power would have been interesting and Cumberbatch could've pulled it off. Plus Carol Marcus in Into Darkness looks suspiciously like Dr Elizabeth Dehner from Where No Man Has Gone Before, which seems to have been a early miss direct.

Yeah I agree, Same thing happened with Spectre ironically. I enjoyed Into Darkness but I think it would have been better without Khan and Carol Marcus. I would have preferred an update to Where No Man Has Gone Before.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Cumberbatch would have been perfect for Mitchell
    Only Star Trek fans will understand. ;)
    DZ9H4Ahl.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oh my...
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Nice...
    If he adapts “Yesterday’s Enterprise “ into a feature length film , he has mentioned considering it, I’ll cry. Lol. When it first aired I wished they had saved the script for a feature film that would have combined Kirk and Picard’s Enterprises. It would have been much better than Generations.
    There is a book that is much better than Generations.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1120870.Federation

I always wanted to see this story instead of Generations.
    Yes! This is a great book and would have translated well to the big screen.
    Fans of Star Trek music will get a rise out of this. The wonderful people behind the Star Trek fan film series Star Trek Continues have released their music free to download from their site. As well as their episodes and various other materials.
    http://www.startrekcontinues.com/downloads.html
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Fans of Star Trek music will get a rise out of this. The wonderful people behind the Star Trek fan film series Star Trek Continues have released their music free to download from their site. As well as their episodes and various other materials.

Excellent.

Will take a look I watched various shows on YouTube, not sure if it was a Star Trek Continues episode though the sequel to Who mourns Adonis was great, it was good to see the actor return who played Apollo.

Will take a look I watched various shows on YouTube, not sure if it was a Star Trek Continues episode though the sequel to Who mourns Adonis was great, it was good to see the actor return who played Apollo.

Oh yes that was STC's first episode. They recently ended after an 11 episode run.

Oh yes that was STC's first episode. They recently ended after an 11 episode run.

I probably watched most of them the other show was called next phase I think, with the Axanar business I know it's increasingly difficult to make fan films now. I watched the Tuvok directed fan film and also the one Shatner appeared in Starfleet Academy I think it was called.

I probably watched most of them the other show was called next phase I think, with the Axanar business I know it's increasingly difficult to make fan films now. I watched the Tuvok directed fan film and also the one Shatner appeared in Starfleet Academy I think it was called.

Yeah there was New Voyages/Phase Two which I really couldn't get into. I watched Of Gods and Men which was alright. That's about the only ones I've seen.

Yeah there was New Voyages/Phase Two which I really couldn't get into. I watched Of Gods and Men which was alright. That's about the only ones I've seen.

They are ok if anything they captured the spirit of TOS, the cast were OK and the odd familiar face turning up was welcome.
    Found this last night. Perfect evidence that haircuts and effects can date but great dialogue lasts forever. A cast iron classic.....

patb wrote: »
    Found this last night. Perfect evidence that haircuts and effects can date but great dialogue lasts forever. A cast iron classic.....

You have got to have Horner's score though I see your point ;) one of my favorite films everything about it stands up well the recent Bluray release from the 50th anniversary is fantastic.
    TMP had an awesome modern trailer done too.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 623
    In the last movie, new Kirk was looking at a picture of the old Shatner/Nimoy crew. Does that mean that he was looking at a picture of himself?
    I'm enjoying the last three films, but I don't know if I'm supposed to think they're the same characters as the original series. When baby Spock finds that Nimoy Spock is dead, is that him dying in the future, or are they two different Spocks?
    The new movies are set in a different timeline than the original series. So the characters are similar but also different in some respects. Yes he was technically looking at himself, but from the original timeline.
  • Am I trying to make sense of something that makes no sense then?
    shamanimal wrote: »
    In the last movie, new Kirk was looking at a picture of the old Shatner/Nimoy crew. Does that mean that he was looking at a picture of himself?
    I'm enjoying the last three films, but I don't know if I'm supposed to think they're the same characters as the original series. When baby Spock finds that Nimoy Spock is dead, is that him dying in the future, or are they two different Spocks?

I won't even attempt to explain other than watch the first 6 movies.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,376
    Star Trek Who mourns Adonis One of my favourite from the original series, this episode certainly posses diverse ideas.

'Worship Me..'...we are busy.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,376
    The Original Series Set Tour with Bill Shatner

What a Legend!