Star Trek (1966 - present)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,105
    Murdock wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, Those models are impeccable. Congrats on your newest edition. :)

Now for a TOS image that depends. If you want something to cement the whole Star Trek feel. I'd go with this.
    star-trek-cast.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1

However, if you want to make it look like your models are flying in space. I'd go with this.
    iFY5lRq.jpg

This is a screencap from the remastered episode of The Man Trap. I removed the Enterprise and made it widescreen. I've done this with a lot of the "remastered" planets. :D

The Planet is a great idea I was looking online for TOS images of Planets without ships, I'll save that image cheers. In total I paid £37 for those three models, K7 looks great as soon as I got it I put Trouble with Tributes on lol
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I got the screencaps off trekcore.com, It's a great resource for screencaps from all the shows. You struck gold with those prices. Do you plan on getting a TOS Enterprise next?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,105
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I got the screencaps off trekcore.com, It's a great resource for screencaps from all the shows. You struck gold with those prices. Do you plan on getting a TOS Enterprise next?

If the price is right I'll get TOS Enterprise, I am watching a NX-01 currently no bids yet, even though I often buy items I like I always try to ensure sell on value if I can.

I'll check that website :)
    Just bought Star Trek Into Darkness score, it really is a great soundtrack to listen to in isolation.
    All of Giacchino's Star Trek scores are great. They capture that classic TOS feel. Beyond is my favorite of the three he's done so far. :D
    All of Giacchino's Star Trek scores are great. They capture that classic TOS feel. Beyond is my favorite of the three he's done so far. :D

I just have Kelvin timeline scores 1 and 3 to get than I have every Trek soundtrack, the music at the finale of Beyond is awesome.

I just have Kelvin timeline scores 1 and 3 to get than I have every Trek soundtrack, the music at the finale of Beyond is awesome.

Me too. I also have the complete 15 CD TOS soundtrack collection. Along with soundtracks for all the films. I also have the 50th anniversary CD set which includes music from The Animated Series and some Trek games. Wonderful stuff.

Me too. I also have the complete 15 CD TOS soundtrack collection. Along with soundtracks for all the films. I also have the 50th anniversary CD set which includes music from The Animated Series and some Trek games. Wonderful stuff.

Over the years had tapes, vinyl and cd's though want all my favourite albums on good quality digital. Never thought to look for animated series, I would love the music to Yesteryear amazing episode.

Over the years had tapes, vinyl and cd's though want all my favourite albums on good quality digital. Never thought to look for animated series, I would love the music to Yesteryear amazing episode.

Until the 50th anniversary release there was never any release of the Animated Series music. From what I gather, La La Land records went through the entire animated series, ripped the music from the cartoon and removed all the sound effects since they couldn't find the source tapes. But all the music is there and it sounds lovely. They are magic.

Until the 50th anniversary release there was never any release of the Animated Series music. From what I gather, La La Land records went through the entire animated series, ripped the music from the cartoon and removed all the sound effects since they couldn't find the source tapes. But all the music is there and it sounds lovely. They are magic.

I have heard La La mentioned alot, I still want there DAD release though is expensive here in the UK, I'll have a look for the animated series on there site.
    I had a brainwave @Murdock I looked on trekcore.com cheers there are some great TOS images, and I installed an excellent photo slide show app on my old Nexus 7 tablet, using the old tablet as a background for my Eaglemoss models ;))
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, Haha I hope you are not at "error" now my friend. Glad you enjoyed your visit there. :-bd
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, Haha I hope you are not at "error" now my friend. Glad you enjoyed your visit there. :-bd

Is it a free photo site?

http://www.ibtimes.com.au/star-trek-discovery-season-2-different-looks-klingons-1568794

It looks like we will get the Borg in Discovery at some point.
    Trekcore? Yeah it's as free as free can be.

Oh dear more Borg? They were milked enough in Voyager. Discovery needs new ideas, not mining for old ones.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,105

Oh dear more Borg? They were milked enough in Voyager. Discovery needs new ideas, not mining for old ones.
    Yeah Trekcore, that's good i have put a few albums together, 40+ TOS images on loop another album STMP the Klingon scene approaching V'ger, the latter image by image looks great on sideshow lol.

That was my initial thought then I remembered Enterprise also had the Borg, I guess nothing will be sacred with STD, if the Borg do return with modern effects they will either look fantastic or unrecognisable with STD production team.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 16,328

Yeah Trekcore, that's good i have put a few albums together, 40+ TOS images on loop another album STMP the Klingon scene approaching V'ger, the latter image by image looks great on sideshow lol.

That was my initial thought then I remembered Enterprise also had the Borg, I guess nothing will be sacred with STD, if the Borg do return with modern effects they will either look fantastic or unrecognisable with STD production team.

Agreed. I have so many pictures from there. :))

I couldn't get into Enterprise. I had no idea they did a Borg episode. But since it has ties to First Contact I guess it makes a little sense. Meh. They just need to leave them alone. Michael will probably give some speech to them to make them go away. Yayyyyyyy... ^#(^

I couldn't get into Enterprise. I had no idea they did a Borg episode. But since it has ties to First Contact I guess it makes a little sense. Meh. They just need to leave them alone. Michael will probably give some speech to them to make them go away. Yayyyyyyy... ^#(^

Ha ha she probably will give a speech, the speech at the end of season one was not great. I just wish we had a Trek show that was set post Dominion War. I was hoping that Discovery would end up being a anthology series.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 16,328

Ha ha she probably will give a speech, the speech at the end of season one was not great. I just wish we had a Trek show that was set post Dominion War. I was hoping that Discovery would end up being a anthology series.

That speech at the end was cringy and the editing for it was just weird. It made it look like she was semi talking to herself. Bad choice. And I'm with you. While I love the TOS era and would kill for a proper exploration of a pre-TOS era. Discovery disappointed me greatly on that front. It's certainly not what I expected or wanted out of that time period.

However that being said, I found an ongoing webcomic series that is an anthology series mostly set in a Pre-TOS to TOS time period currently. It's excellent. The artwork really captures the 60's look and feel. I highly recommend checking it out. It's basically everything I wanted out of Discovery ironically.

http://trekcomic.com/comic/2013-03-15/
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,105
    Alex Kurtzman Inks $25M Overall Deal Extension With CBS TV Studios, Will Expand 'Star Trek' TV Franchise

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/alex-kurtzman-inks-25m-deal-extension-cbs-tv-studios-will-expand-star-trek-tv-franchise-1104232

Rumours that Patrick Stewart will return to the series
    @Murdock I have uploaded a awesome LCARS Interface from the Microsoft store, have you seen it its the best one I have seen so far.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lcars-interface/9wzdncrdfrd4
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, Oh nice that's pretty awesome. That is a great interface. :D
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, Oh nice that's pretty awesome. That is a great interface. :D

The graphics and sound design are spot on you can play any media on it also, self destruct count down and ejecting the warp core is fun for a trek nerd like myself ;)) it allows you to rename the ship also lol

The graphics and sound design are spot on you can play any media on it also, self destruct count down and ejecting the warp core is fun for a trek nerd like myself ;)) it allows you to rename the ship also lol

Make it so! :D
    3b0.jpg
    @Murdock I stumbled across this not sure if you had seen it...

https://www.startrekcontinues.com/downloads.html

I really enjoyed the fan show, due to issues they can't sell dvd etc, though made all this available to fans for free. Currently downloading it myself, the fan art is pretty cool also.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, Oh yes I'm very familiar with Star Trek Continues. It's a great fan series. The soundtracks are amazing. :D
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, Oh yes I'm very familiar with Star Trek Continues. It's a great fan series. The soundtracks are amazing. :D

Only just discovered it was available I am downloading the music also, there is some great stuff on that link.
    Oh heck yeah. They have a ton of great stuff. I'm glad they released their music. It's very faithful to TOS.
    Oh heck yeah. They have a ton of great stuff. I'm glad they released their music. It's very faithful to TOS.

Just watched the two part finale for the first time, it was pretty awesome bridging the series to The Motion Picture.

The two albums have 120 pieces of music there are some great little nods amongst the tracks.

The lead actor really does look like Shatner at times had to double take.

Just watched the two part finale for the first time, it was pretty awesome bridging the series to The Motion Picture.

The two albums have 120 pieces of music there are some great little nods amongst the tracks.

That finale is great. Funny enough, years before that was ever made, That's how I pictured TOS actually ending more or less. Loved the TOS to TMP transition. All the actors they got on that series is great. I love that the son of Scotty, Chris Doohan plays the character his father created perfect.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,105

That finale is great. Funny enough, years before that was ever made, That's how I pictured TOS actually ending more or less. Loved the TOS to TMP transition. All the actors they got on that series is great. I love that the son of Scotty, Chris Doohan plays the character his father created perfect.

Yeah it was a perfect transition so much respect to all involved, I watched the first several episode a while back there must have been gaps between new episodes. Noticed James's son he does look like him, going to rewatch all eleven episodes again it really is good. The other fan show i liked also The New Voyages (Phase 2) though Continues got some great guest stars.