Star Trek (1966 - present)

Comments

I watched Thor Ragnarok last night and some of the light banter within the team reminded me of ST4 (and also ST6). It made me realise what a missed opportunity there has been.

The ellements of science fiction, action, humour, team building, fantasy, good versus evil etc etc. It's all there (or was) for ST to entertain the punters. But it never worked out. The potential was huge but I think the opportunity has gone.

And yes, the irony of Urban contributing (realy well IMHO) is not lost. I fine actor IMHO with great cominc timing (and a great (English accent!)
    The Original Series Set Tour with Bill Shatner

What a Legend!

Top guy! He is Mr Star Trek!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    The Original Series Set Tour with Bill Shatner

What a Legend!

Top guy! He is Mr Star Trek!

Shatner's enthusiasm never diminishes I hope I am like him at that age.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I went to this hobby shop today and they had a beautiful 4 or 5 foot model of the USS Enterprise from The Original Series. Oh man it was fantastic. Looked as perfect as the one at the Smithsonian which I'd also love to see in person someday. I don't have a picture of it sadly but next time I go I'll get one. It was fabulous.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @Murdock was it for sale or just on display, I bet the ship looked awesome.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, they did have a few different versions for sale, I don't know if it was the same as the model. If I had to guess which one it was it may have been the Polar Lights model.
    It would be awesome to have a model like that though space would be an issue. I am always on the look out for more Eagle Moss ships at a reasonable price, I want to get an Enterprise E to go with A and D I have.
    It sure was intimidating to see up close. Fortunately I have my good old Diamond Select TOS Enterprise and Playmates Star Trek 09 Enterprise model to go with it.
    I bet the detail was good, I have not seen a large scale Enterprise, only on YouTube.

Just been browsing on ebay watching a K7 space station from DS9 Trials and Tribulations, will look great with the ships I have flying away from it on my black glass table lol its at a low price no bids yet, fingers crossed no one goes in for it.
    Oh it was fantastic. I think it was as big as this model William Shatner as Kirk holds in this promotional still.
    a9c53276cc2bd8974cb587ca64a9ace6.jpg

As for K7, I would love to have a model of that too. :D
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,376
    Great shot of Kirk, definitely create some kind of mobile for that model.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Oh it was fantastic. I think it was as big as this model William Shatner as Kirk holds in this promotional still.
    a9c53276cc2bd8974cb587ca64a9ace6.jpg

As for K7, I would love to have a model of that too. :D

The guy selling K7 is selling some of his collection as not enough space, the other items are Kelvin Timeline including The Kelvin, Swarm Ship and Klingon Bird of Prey. Though to be honest not that bothered about Kelvin Timeline models.

The guy selling K7 is selling some of his collection as not enough space, the other items are Kelvin Timeline including The Kelvin, Swarm Ship and Klingon Bird of Prey. Though to be honest not that bothered about Kelvin Timeline models.

I would need a lot of space for a model that big, but I loved seeing it in person. Models they had for sale was the TOS Enteprise which I assume was the same one I saw in the display, the USS Reliant from Star Trek II, The Enterprise C and D, A Klingon Bird of Prey and the USS Franklin from Star Trek Beyond. I wouldn't mind having that ship. Really dug it's design.

I would need a lot of space for a model that big, but I loved seeing it in person. Models they had for sale was the TOS Enteprise which I assume was the same one I saw in the display, the USS Reliant from Star Trek II, The Enterprise C and D, A Klingon Bird of Prey and the USS Franklin from Star Trek Beyond. I wouldn't mind having that ship. Really dug it's design.

Now the Reliant is a must, I finally bought the score to Wrath of Khan a few weeks ago still my favourite Trek film though Motion Picture is a close second. All the Model shops have closed down where I am, Online shopping killed many similar businesses here.

Now the Reliant is a must, I finally bought the score to Wrath of Khan a few weeks ago still my favourite Trek film though Motion Picture is a close second. All the Model shops have closed down where I am, Online shopping killed many similar businesses here.

Agreed, I love the Reliant. It's one ship I wish they had retroactively added to the remastered edition of the Original Series. This fan made version of the Miranda class with TOS features is to die for. Here's hoping it ends up on Discovery.
    2726bfbc9579b00cc00f1222d35c703b.jpg

The Wrath of Khan is my favorite Star Trek film as well. Well for the moment, sometimes Star Trek IV takes over. It's just so damn fun. My model shop opened up last summer and business seems to be doing well. Their displays are amazing. I love seeing dioramas like that. Next time I go, I'll get plenty of pictures.

Agreed, I love the Reliant. It's one ship I wish they had retroactively added to the remastered edition of the Original Series. This fan made version of the Miranda class with TOS features is to die for. Here's hoping it ends up on Discovery.
    2726bfbc9579b00cc00f1222d35c703b.jpg

The Wrath of Khan is my favorite Star Trek film as well. Well for the moment, sometimes Star Trek IV takes over. It's just so damn fun. My model shop opened up last summer and business seems to be doing well. Their displays are amazing. I love seeing dioramas like that. Next time I go, I'll get plenty of pictures.

Wow that looks awesome, hey you never know the Miranda class may show up in Discovery, I get the feeling that show will end up doing alot of random things in season 2.

Where I am is a seasonal town so it's difficult for businesses to sustain themselves all year round, on the plus side I have found some great items in charity shops over the years.
    Wow that looks awesome, hey you never know the Miranda class may show up in Discovery, I get the feeling that show will end up doing alot of random things in season 2.

Where I am is a seasonal town so it's difficult for businesses to sustain themselves all year round, on the plus side I have found some great items in charity shops over the years.

I hope so, Discovery needs a shot in the arm.

That's a shame. I live near a small city which is decent for businesses but the real estate isn't that great. It's hard to find a good spot to set up a business where people can find it on the main drag. There used to be this comic/toy shop that ran for several years before up and shutting down completely. It was a shame. It had a lot of great stuff but the store was just placed at a terrible spot and the prices weren't the greatest though I did get quite a few nice things from it before it went out of business.

I hope so, Discovery needs a shot in the arm.

That's a shame. I live near a small city which is decent for businesses but the real estate isn't that great. It's hard to find a good spot to set up a business where people can find it on the main drag. There used to be this comic/toy shop that ran for several years before up and shutting down completely. It was a shame. It had a lot of great stuff but the store was just placed at a terrible spot and the prices weren't the greatest though I did get quite a few nice things from it before it went out of business.

That's the problem prices increasing to compensate for lack of business, I spend hours sometimes looking for the cheapest prices possible on items, and you really can find some bargains online.

Discovery I feel in season 1 was doing a Enterprise season 4 and throwing what they can at the show. It was ok though the seasons last few episodes felt tacked on.
    That's the problem prices increasing to compensate for lack of business, I spend hours sometimes looking for the cheapest prices possible on items, and you really can find some bargains online.

Discovery I feel in season 1 was doing a Enterprise season 4 and throwing what they can at the show. It was ok though the seasons last few episodes felt tacked on.

Yeah it's been a double edged sword for small businesses lately, It's unfortunate.

Discovery for me at least was having an identity crisis. It didn't really seem to know what it wanted to be. It felt like it was trying too hard to be 2004's Battlestar Galactica reboot. It didn't really feel like Star Trek to me. Hopefully Season 2 will knock out those dents and flourish into something great.

Yeah it's been a double edged sword for small businesses lately, It's unfortunate.

Discovery for me at least was having an identity crisis. It didn't really seem to know what it wanted to be. It felt like it was trying too hard to be 2004's Battlestar Galactica reboot. It didn't really feel like Star Trek to me. Hopefully Season 2 will knock out those dents and flourish into something great.

It was slightly worrying that all cast and crew involved with Discovery genuinely thought they were creating something great. Well on the upside at least we have a Trek show, and hopefully other shows are still in the works.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'm just glad we have The Orville!
    Star Trek related as it's James Horner, movie music is not like this anymore...

This is phenomenal
    Horner was a legend. He scored many of my favorite films.
    Horner was a legend. He scored many of my favorite films.

I have Krull and Battle Beyond the Stars that I listen to often, and Aliens I listen to every time I put my PC on, Combat Drop every time amazing piece of music . Horner I listen to as much as Barry.
    Horner was as talented a composer as any I can think of. But I think he never get the true recognition he deserved due to types of films he worked on.
    patb wrote: »
    Horner was as talented a composer as any I can think of. But I think he never get the true recognition he deserved due to types of films he worked on.

You are probably right though I suspect he would have been very happy with genre fans appreciation of his work.
    @Murdock I won the K7 Deep Space Station for £17 bargain, I'll post a picture when it arrives.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, congrats! Can't wait to see it. :-bd
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, congrats! Can't wait to see it. :-bd

Me too i watched a few YouTube unboxing videos, looks a nice model.
    DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

@Murdock K7 arrived today, though now I need a D7 Klingon Cruiser ;))

I want to frame a Star Trek TOS image and hang behind the wessels, any ideas?
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, Those models are impeccable. Congrats on your newest edition. :)

Now for a TOS image that depends. If you want something to cement the whole Star Trek feel. I'd go with this.
    star-trek-cast.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1

However, if you want to make it look like your models are flying in space. I'd go with this.
    iFY5lRq.jpg

This is a screencap from the remastered episode of The Man Trap. I removed the Enterprise and made it widescreen. I've done this with a lot of the "remastered" planets. :D